1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Modelling Contest #25 - Ascension

Discussion in 'Contest Archive' started by Kyrbi0, Jul 27, 2013.

1. MiniMage

MiniMage

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    What could've looked cool is if you mix that concept with Gluttony from Full Metal Alchemist. ;D

2. SuPa-

SuPa-

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ha yeah, that would've been cool! Well here's a block out of the texture. Still churning through possibilities for additional equipment.
    [​IMG]

3. Mythic

Mythic

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Once again, the wolf failed to cooperate with me. But I have another idea. Might as well post a WIP soon.

4. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    SuPa-, while it looks great, I hardly see it as a 'hero' abomination.
    It just looks like an alternate take on it.
    How about if you tried to add a bunch of ruined armor on it? Lord of the Rings orc style. I think it might look sweet.

5. SuPa-

SuPa-

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah I agree, I'm currently experimenting with various pieces of armor/equipment to get a feel of what looks right. I've left room in the UVs for it.

6. PROXY

PROXY

3D Modeling Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Come on boys, give me a chance .__. Looking epic so far guys.

7. BallisticTerrain

BallisticTerrain

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I could use some thoughts on my post on page eight with the first mesh complete WIP.

8. Wandering Soul

Wandering Soul

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    @BallisticTerrain;
    I'm assuming it's a Heroic version of a Zombie with a 'Plague-bearer' idea in mind...
    Nice concept...

From the WIP you post, the model has a straight back... I would suggest make it hunch (like WoW Forsaken or in-game Zombie) and add some fungus growing at its back maybe...
    The staff is kinda short, with the lantern and all... I would also suggest have the lantern placed above the models height...
    And the lanterns, perhaps switching it with fungus-growing skulls beaming with spores would make it appear more 'Scourge-like'...
    For animation, perhaps the model can lean on its staff as support for standing and moving... For offence, it can 'pull' spores from the lantern and hurl them to its targets...

NOTE : This are just my suggestion/idea... You don't have to follow them... After all, this is YOUR model and design...

9. BallisticTerrain

BallisticTerrain

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    If you read my entire post, which no one seems to be doing, then you would see that those are not lanterns but instead mushroom cages, it is a heroic version of the necromancer, and the spore concept will indeed be incorporated. Your post basically said the same thing I posted along with the WIP.

I think I will add more fungus to his back though. Thanks for responding.

10. Wandering Soul

Wandering Soul

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I did and understand the 'lanterns' are actually 'mushroom cages' with a mushroom inside that spread spores as the 'Spore Cadaver' moves around...

11. BallisticTerrain

BallisticTerrain

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Ok, sorry then.
    I don't want to use skulls instead because skulls are seriously overused and they wouldn't really fit the concept of the model. He will have spore particle effects though.
    The staff is just slightly taller than the character. If I make it any bigger I risk making it look silly.
    I added the banner on the staff to make it look scourge like. It will be textured with something scourge like such as the scourge emblem.

As for movement, he will indeed be grasping the staff but I don't want him all hunched over and leaning on it. He might be a bloated zombie but he is still physically strong. I think It will make him look a little more imposing if he walks upright. He will move in a jerky contorted fashion though.

Also, I have a question for anyone who uses 3ds max and NeoDex to make models. I will add event objects in magos, but I am going to add attachment points in 3ds max.
    The problem is, I don't know if I need to animate them or not. For example, if I put a attachment point on the character's hand, and then during an animation he reaches his hand out to cast a spell, do I animate the attachment point to follow his hand or put the attachment point where his hand ends up while casting the spell?

12. Mythic

Mythic

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think it will most likely follow the bone to which it is attached.

13. BallisticTerrain

BallisticTerrain

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Wait wait wait... you attach them to bones?
    /facepalm.
    Thanks!

14. Mythic

Mythic

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That is, in Magos'.

15. BallisticTerrain

BallisticTerrain

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Ok, I'll do it in magos then.

16. SuPa-

SuPa-

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Here's an update on the texture, getting very close to finishing it.
    [​IMG]

BallisticTerrain, it reminds me a lot of The Last of Us. It'll be interesting to see how it looks after you've put a texture on it. I really can't comment on the mesh too much since I can't see the wires, but it looks good. It's a little high in tris for my taste but that's irrelevant to the competition.

17. BallisticTerrain

BallisticTerrain

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Very nice texture!

Also, yes I did take inspiration from the last of us for the design of the character.

18. BlinkBoy

BlinkBoy

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Why doing it in magos? Just create a Wc3AttachPoint in NeoDex and link it to the bone. as for Event Objects, you must create a point and name it "Obj:<event obj name>" afterwards add a track note to it and add the key where you want it to fire up.

19. BallisticTerrain

BallisticTerrain

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    How exactly do I link it then? Do I skin it to the bone or use the link function or what?

20. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Shit, SuPa-, that is amazing. He looks great with the texture.
    May I suggest one more thing, though? How about a bulgy eye with a black iris, like the original Abomination? I think it gives the unit\hero a lot of character. Right now, with white, empty eyes, his face looks a bit boring. At the very least, you could add something like that in the portrait; But the abomination has it in the original unit model anyway.
    Also, a rough helmet(something like that, maybe?) could be cool, but it might be too late for that.