- Apr 24, 2012
Create a unit at home at sea. This includes deep sea monsters, sea gods, merfolk, buccaneers, sailors, vessels, and everything in between. Classic/SD submissions only (MDX800).
- No submission may violate any of the site rules.
- All submissions must follow the current theme. If any model does not fit, a moderator will tell you as soon as possible as to avoid confusion.
- You must show at least one unfinished preview of your submission, before the deadline, as proof that it's yours.
- Your submission may not be started/made before the official launch of the contest.
- Using parts of Blizzard's Classic WC3 meshes and transferring in-game classic animations are allowed, however.
- Judges may not participate.
- Your final submission must work in-game and be bug-free.
- Teamwork is not allowed.
- Must contain the following animations, and more if possible:
- Portrait Animations (whether it's for a camera or a separate portrait model)
- Heroes must include a Dissipate animation
- Feel free to ask if you have any questions regarding the rules.
Breaking any of these rules may lead to punishment in the judgement score, up to disqualification from the contest, depending on the weight of the issue. In case of doubts towards a certain rule, you are very encouraged to discuss it in the contest thread, so judges and others may help with sorting it out.
- 1st place: 55 reputation points
- 2nd place: 40 reputation points
- 3rd place: 25 reputation points
- Entry: 10 reputation points
- Judge: 10 reputation points per entry
The three winners will receive an award icon representing the winning entry.
|How does the mesh look? How are its proportions, balance, and scale? How coherent is polygon distribution? Is there an overreliance on in-game SD meshes? Do the shapes complement the model's theme?||/15|
|How good is the wrap? Are the textures appealing, or do they look blurry/stretched from the default game camera and portrait? Do the tones go well together? Is there sufficient contrast?||/15|
|How natural, smooth, and appropriate are the animations? Do they have physical coherence? Do they have character/personality? How well are they executed? Does the model have enough animations to function properly?||/15|
|Were the particle, ribbon, or mesh effects made in good measure? Do they contribute to the model? Are they impressive?||/10|
|How well does the model work in-game? Does it feature the necessary attachments, footprints, sounds, and collisions? Are the attachments obscured? Is the model fully selectable? How well does the it fit in the game environment?||/15|
|How original is the general idea? How inventive is the execution? How creatively does the model interpret the contest theme?||/20|
- Judgement: 70%
- Poll: 30%
The contest shall begin on 10th December 2020 and conclude on 8th February 2021 GMT (day is included).
Assigned Staff: @Mythic
Previous Contest | Poll | Results