• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Contest 24 - FEELS

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh look, she feels shy... probably ashamed of the wrap i gave her.

Attachments

• ashamed.PNG
    ashamed.PNG
    89 KB · Views: 164
If I won't be shunned for the ridiculous nature of this model, then I'd like to join this contest with the model I just made within the last two hours.

It is the incarnate spirit of confusion!

(Consider this a WIP, this model could use a lot of touching up)
( I have pictures of this model while it was developing, if those will be necessary)

ConfusionWIP.png

Wish I've had time to make something for this, though.
I created my entry using some software that I wrote (Search "Customized Vertex Editor" to find it) this summer and uploaded here on the hive, which can combine models while still keeping their animations. I created the Confusion Incarnate model as it was uploaded right now in slightly under two hours using my software along with other wc3 editing tools, and almost never did any manual MDL editing (I did only a few small things, like deleting some stuff).
The software that I wrote can glitch and crash, but the point is that if you put your mind to it you might be able to finish something pretty quickly (today?). What I wrote was mostly an importer, and what I did was literally import the Dragon Roost head onto the Ancient of War, import Mannoroth's Body onto the Ancient of War, import the felhound back onto the Ancient of War, and then import the Ancient of War mashup model onto a Nerubian's legs. The importer that I wrote retains animations, so the monster creature has ancient of war animations for the top half and Nerubian legs on the bottom half.

Edit (didn't see last page): "Decay Bones" was left over from the Nerubian anims, I can change it for my next upload.

The felhound part visibility issue does not show up in game, so it's in part just the viewing program you're using. I looked in the model and my software got stupid and put visibility tags out of order, so I'll have to fix that sometime later. For now, Warcraft III's engine seems to be re-ordering them somehow and the model seems thus to work.

165527-albums2097-picture60926.gif

SHAME

Shame is a prison and a prisioner.

Shame is a prison because it imprisons the Essence - its prime enemy - within itself. The essence doesn't explain itself, the essence is, and the essence's existence terrifies the spirit of shame, which will only let the essence go away upon its death.

165527-albums2097-picture60923.gif

Depending on the browser the gif's may be playing too slow

Shame is a prisioner because it is chained to the outer world. Shame has to carry the heavy burden that is set to it by the outer world, and shame doesn't have a choice. Shame just obeys and hides its inner turmoil.

test it! it is fun! if you get disappointed we give your money back

Shame.mdx
Filesize: 238 KB
Polycount: 839 triangles
884 vertices
11 animations
stand
stand - 2
stand channel
walk
stand ready
stand ready - 2
attack
attack - 2
death
dissipate
spell
Art - Animation - Cast Backswing: 2.00
Art - Animation - Cast Point: 1.40
Art - Animation - Walk Speed: 90.00
Art - Animation - Run Speed: 90.00
Art - Death Time (seconds): 4.50
Art - Projectile Impact - Z: 70.00
Art - Projectile Launch - X: 0.00
Art - Projectile Launch - Y: 0.00
Art - Projectile Launch - Z: 135.00
Art - Selection Scale: 2.70
Art - Shadow Image - Center X: 65.00
Art - Shadow Image - Center Y: 65.00
Art - Shadow Image - Height: 200.00
Art - Shadow Image - Width: 230.00
Combat - Attack - Animation Backswing Point: 1.10
Combat - Attack - Animation Damage Point: 0.667
Combat - Attack - Projectile Art: Shame_projectile.mdx
Combat - Attack - Cooldown Time: > 2.00 (recommended)
Movement - Speed Base: around 120 (recommended)

Animation Previews(in some browsers the gifs with better resolution or quality are playing too slow)

165527-albums2097-picture60924.gif

The first half is Stand Ready, when it vomits the projectiles... at Attack it throws those at the enemies

165527-albums2097-picture60925.gif

As shame dies, the essence is free.

Attachments

• Shame.MDX
    238.1 KB · Views: 127
  • Shame_projectile.MDX
    5.6 KB · Views: 123
  • Shame.png
    Shame.png
    802.1 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:
I ended up quite busy today, is the contest officially over at the end of the day?
My Confusion submission could still use a lot of touching up, but I don't have time to do it tonight.
I don't mind if you submit it tomorrow... dunno about PROXY

edit: same goes for vermi...

edit 2: I mean, today... the contest theoretically ended last midnight GMT, 4 hours ago... but if you need some more time to finish your entry, im okay with it...

Sounds good, if everyone else will accept it I'd be happy to post a touched up version of my entry in the next few days.

My program can import one model into another to give alternate animations, so I was thinking I might make the Confusion Incarnate alternate into something bizarre too, just to make it more confusing.

this extra time said I wouldn't mind to conceive has as purpose for the both of you to finish your work properly as you wanted it to be, so we can have a decent contest with a good number of legitimate entries... you can polish your entries, a day won't make a big difference... but it's for you guys to finish, not to endlessly chase perfection... im not saying this out of competitiveness, but its just that I stopped working on mine already...
well... if i want to polish mine i have one day more as well... not that i will do it. im done with mine.

:ogre_kawaii:

i didnt make much sense overall... anyways. what i mean by that is that we'd better end the contest today, i guess... i mean, around next midnight in GMT.

edit: and we didnt hear proxy yet. but i guess he's fine

Level 51
For shure I'm okay with it ;)

Edit:

Screenshot.png

Final Entry. Removed the weird attack-jump animation, gave him MUCH cooler swords, gave him a more appealing dissipate animation which fits an incarnation of Wrath more, edited the particles and ribbon emitters, reduced it's size, corrected the wrap and the portrait, and and and.

Attachments

• Wrathincarnation.mdx
    119.9 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
A storm seemed to have knocked out my power last night, and kept me from submitting my entry.

In any case, here it is.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=1zxb7f

The Furious is a raging berserker, chained by The Conscience. While chained, the Furious drags its feet, concerning itself only with containing the burning rage it feels inside. Once the Conscience lets it free, the Furious rampages around, fuelled by the dark fantasies in it's tiny, hateful mind.

Sorry guys, I've kept myself busy, mostly with schoolwork but also with a variety of other random junk and haven't worked on the model, telling myself that I'd work on it soon and all the while being very grateful to those who were willing to wait.

I'll go get to work on it -- it needs it -- but a 2 day deadline is probably a really good idea, that way I won't be able to procrastinate or be distracted further.

Edit: I've been a mix of low on time and busying myself with other things. I've improved the model and had more plans to do more (still many mesh issues!), but in fear that I may end up really busy tomorrow and not get back on I'm going to post the latest version here as a submission if I don't manage to complete more tomorrow:

Another Edit: The attached file titled "SuperMonsterConfusion" is updated, but here a little past the end of the two-day extension (if I've been counting time correctly?). You guys can decide if you want to accept it or not, I added Alternate Animations to add to its confusional spirit.

If not, the 6e version was submitted yesterday evening.

Edit, September 9th:
Although it's very much past when these were submitted, I realized that there was an issue with my submission involving the alternate animations that I added late.
In game, it would use the alternate models "stand ready alternate" because it didn't have a "stand ready", even when not alternating. To correct this, SuperMonsterConfusionX is attached with a version that should display properly.

Attachments

• MonsterConfusion6e.mdx
    275.8 KB · Views: 132
  • SuperMonsterConfusion.mdx
    509.8 KB · Views: 171
  • SuperMonsterConfusionX.mdx
    509.8 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
ill repeat what i said above... we were giving you an extension so you could 'finish' you model... but you dragged it to an extent of more than a week to keep improving it with little "touch-ups", going after the most you could do...

i will accept the last one as your entry, but my point is just that you already had a complete model, and asking extra time to only give touch-ups goes against the purpose of an extension to me, which is to let the contest basically just happen...

now we move on to the poll?

I haven't been in a Hive contest before, and I guess I could see your point. I'm sorry if its been a bother with me taking so long, but my understanding was that it seemed like it was alright to fix what I could.
That said, in making models I've trained myself to do a whole different kind of work because of the amount of wc3 mesh/texture recycling I do, and whoever does scoring should probably take that into account.
The non-alternate form of my submission is better, but still has several mesh holes.

Here's a pic of what changed for that last version:
withAlt.png

Status
Not open for further replies.