• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Contest #16 - Poll

Vote for your favourite entry!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
The only one that fits wc3 really well is deolrin's, although I wasn't too fond of some of the anims.
Frank's looks amazing, but it's "just another tank", and not very creative.
Pyramid's looks amazing, is pretty creative, and well, the best tank made for this contest, in my opinion.

Level 35
Pyramid's looks amazing, is pretty creative, and well, the best tank made for this contest, in my opinion.

Agreed - And makes me wonder how I ended up voting for Kitabatake's which would actually be my second choice, not the first..

Anyway:

Voted for Kitabatake's due to how different it is and the neatly made animations that allows the user to do a lot of different things. Its also drastically different from the rest and is very cute. So I voted for it, then I noticed that I had forgotten Pyramid's tank:hohum: So actually I would have voted for his instead due to his great animations and the use of the small pilot to show the different types of animations. The way he leans forward when he stands ready is great!

Good work :thumbs_up: And hope that Pyramid and Kitabatake will score a lot more points for their models as they really deserve it.

Level 9
(Last off-topic post, i promise): erm, that tank is the tank you control. One of the enemy tanks looks like yours. If you don't know it, don't worry. It's probably very hard to find these days, never took off big because it had no online multiplayer.

Level 15
wow thats a little unfair to forgot 2 contestants...
I'm not accusing you of doing it increases your chances of winning but someone could take it that way :) make sure next time cuz i know that would piss me of if i worked on somethings for hours upon hours and then someone forgets to include me in the contest...

Level 18
I went for Kitabatake because I like original concepts and because he had some delay with the votes.
Agreed with this although to me it felt like Kitabatake's tank would be a bit more fitting with the Warcraft style.

Anarchianbedlam's tank is still great, but I had to choose. :p

Level 6
My vote would have to go to anarchianbedlam... though i'll admit it was a 1 hour long debate between myself and I for whether to vote for Kitabatake, General Frank or anarchianbedlam... Within the first 20 minutes Kitabatake's was eliminated due to that his tank seemed TOO green, tanks are combat vehicles not luxury cars (not attempting to be too harsh) and because like he said so himself, it was unpolished, i personally thought the texture could have used a bit more golden swirls, almost blood/high elfish but w/e... Now the hard part began between General Frank and anarchianbedlam with both highly elaborate and nicely designed textures that nicely match up with the models... Based on the screenshots i would've picked General Frank's model, BUT... when i downloaded them to test them out, i found out that General Frank's tank's walk animation was more realistic and well (i'll hate myself later on for saying but...) bland for a tank model in a contest, I was very impressed by anarchianbedlam's nice job on the walk animation for his model. Both modelers were equal in the weapons array that both tanks had, but still, it all came down to the descriptions, I think I was able to understand anarchianbedlam's description more than General Frank's, due to that I for one (A) Love the Warcraft Lore (B) Have absolutely no idea what the United Federal Territories are/is... and (C) anarchianbedlam was all happy and joyous and basically had more humor in his post like with the "Spider Tanks Are Fun!" picture and just basic lol-ness...Good job to all the entries, but again, my vote goes to anarchianbedlam.

Level 22
reason i didnt go for franks is cause his tanks are starting to look all the same. he hasnt done anything really different in awhile.

Pyramidhe@d's was nice, very cool animations, and a nice...ghetto/worn down look i suppose. very ork :D

Anarchian's was cool too, there are some things i personally dont like, but overall the animations were cool, and the mesh simple but elegant.

TDR

TDR

Level 18
General Frank. If anarchianbedlam's had better textures, I would have voted for him. I know you went for in-game textures, and that is a plus of course when it comes to map size, but it looks too bland. Good work nonetheless.

Level 4
My vote has to go for Anarchianbedlam's, thought his work was the best. Liked Kitabatake's a lot aswell. Congratulations to the winner, whoever it will be nonetheless! :D

Level 24
Mr.Bobs model is just so awsome it´s unlike anything I´ve ever seen and he have really thought about every litle detail. Tho I cant really see why so many players voted for the Prowler it´s like a star wars copy and he havent put verry much time on the details.

Level 31
Mr.Bobs model is just so awsome it´s unlike anything I´ve ever seen and he have really thought about every litle detail. Tho I cant really see why so many players voted for the Prowler it´s like a star wars copy and he havent put verry much time on the details.

The prowler has quite a bit of detail.

The reason mine sucks is because, while yes the detail is incredible, none of it is visible. The prowler's is all visible. I just have a nasty habit of making lots of little invisible details that are only seen in an FPS or something. Plus, mine has very little animation. The only issue I have with the prowler is the texture.

Glad you like it though!

Level 19
.... i would also like to encourage voters to look at the entries ingame... lol, i worked so hard making sure that mine didnt have any glitches ( like my Odin did xD rofl )

which things are likely to cause glitches?
most times when I am trying to make something it is just bugged :/

you got my vote
and I think if Kitabatake didn't make a tank with legs you would have won for sure
however his tank is awesome on a different level
maybe I would have voted for him if it was a nice day with all green grass on the ground with the sun shining down on it from the blue sky x)
I also like Debode's Infernal Behemoth and Pyramidhe@d's Kerberos Tank a lot but there was just one vote to spend

Status
Not open for further replies.