• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-Texturing Contest - Halloween

Status
Not open for further replies.

title_threadex2hall-png.251427

textmin2deschall-png.251442

hall_lcovmincont-png.251414

Contestants are to create a skin depicting a Halloween inspired themed creature/costume/construction of any sorts. As long as the skin is spooky, horrific and on theme even if it has hints of other themes like Gothic, Zombie-like, it is accepted. In-game models and custom ones are allowed.

textmin2ruleshall-png.251426

All skins mus abide the Site Rules and the Skin Submission Rules
No previous work is allowed. All textures shown here should be made specifically regarding the theme of the mini-contest.
Your submission must be posted before the deadline.
The post containing your final submission must also contain an in-game screenshot showing your submission in action and the file in appropriate format.

textmin2judginghall-png.251424

Will be handled by me. If anyone feels like they want to lend help, then that will be appreciated given that you're from these fields of expertise.

textmin2prizehall-png.251425

20 rep for the winner and 5 for participants that managed to finish their texture.

textmin2dateshall-png.251422

This mini-contest begins on 30th of October, 2016 GMT and end on 12th of Novembers, 2016 GMT

Last edited:
Level 8
It would have been better to do it a week before and after 31th of October...
Anyway, possibly I'll participate.

Last edited:
Level 20
Hah yeah, been fiddling about with the Alphas! The portrait can't be alphad out, however I'll paint a nice ghost face for him, I find it pretty fitting that the only the player will be able to actually see his face. The head alphas out just fine on the world model, well everything except his eyebrows for some reason.. Which is a little bothersome.

Level 20
I'm currently doing it on the campaign frostmourne arthas, I asume the others use the same UV sets? I'll change the path around and see if I get better results on the others.

Edit: Works fine now, was just my alpha that wasn't exporting properly.

Little screengrab from Max.
Headless_Horseman_WIP03.png

Last edited:
Level 30
A tiny bit of a preview; started on the face - as usual.
Got that creepy look going, but I'm not sure about the dress. I'll most likely end up with white, or maybe white stained with blood? We shall see.

Oh, and also a partial removal of her bangs which I'm not yet happy about, but there are tricks to hide them, so this is just a base alpha removal concept.

Attachments

• WIP.JPG
    WIP.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 410

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Normally I'm rather 'meh' about these texturing Contests, but:
I'll be turning Arthas into a headless horseman!
Dang if that isn't a neat idea that just might be useful to my Forsaken race! Hope you can take it in a different direction than this guy. : )

I'm currently doing it on the campaign frostmourne arthas, I asume the others use the same UV sets? I'll change the path around and see if I get better results on the others.

View attachment 251453
Aaaaand yep, it's awexome. Looking forward to it!

Not bad. I really like the detail on the lip.

~~~

(Maybe I should suggest "tribal" for the next (mini) contest... mwahaha.)

Moy

Moy

Level 49

View attachment 251453

Looks pretty neat! I suggest to tone down highlights on the cape, it seems metallic atm. And the horse's face too. I can't wait for the final result.

A tiny bit of a preview; started on the face - as usual.
Got that creepy look going, but I'm not sure about the dress. I'll most likely end up with white, or maybe white stained with blood? We shall see.

Oh, and also a partial removal of her bangs which I'm not yet happy about, but there are tricks to hide them, so this is just a base alpha removal concept.

The skin color seems to be naga-ish but oh well it's just a wip and can't wait for an update. I'm really looking forward to the clothing job.

Status
Not open for further replies.