• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-Texturing Contest - Halloween

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Alright, finished him up and uploaded!

Headless Horseman

118007-0c84b0e338216096556f84c2ee33bdb3.png

118008-a5e1dea9437a4ea6283eb80cbe873990.png

Last edited:
There ya go Kids! :D had fun doing these! Struggled with the face warp a lot, but meeh what ever..... I give you, TWO TEXTURES WOAAaaaaah.

I imagine these two tricking kids into the woods and doing .... stuff that aren't cool.
entrycompetition1.png

Attachments

• VillagerKid.blp
    67.9 KB · Views: 65
  • VillagerKid1.blp
    65.5 KB · Views: 69
  • VillagerKid.png
    VillagerKid.png
    195 KB · Views: 79
  • VillagerKid1.png
    VillagerKid1.png
    195 KB · Views: 70
  • ingamescreenshot.png
    ingamescreenshot.png
    5.9 MB · Views: 98

Moy

Moy

Level 49
Looking great @Bumhunter!

There ya go Kids! :D had fun doing these! Struggled with the face warp a lot, but meeh what ever..... I give you, TWO TEXTURES WOAAaaaaah.

I imagine these two tricking kids into the woods and doing .... stuff that aren't cool.View attachment 252385
I like Jack more than Willow. I think the technique didn't work right, but it is still cool. Jack completely embraced the theme and I love pumpkins.

Goblin, dude! Those are siick, love it!

Thanks buddy! :D wish I had more time to make a more complicated Unit, but hey! Still was fun to do :D

Looking great @Bumhunter!
I like Jack more than Willow. I think the technique didn't work right, but it is still cool. Jack completely embraced the theme and I love pumpkins.

Same, but I felt like this little guy needed a brother, don't know why.... just felt right, so I kinda did Willow as an extra without putting as much love and care into the design. True story... just went for it

EDIT = got a better idea for Willow, I'll edit him outside the challenge. Once I can!

Last edited:
Jack and Willow (Willow)
Jack and Willow (Jack)

118088-1dd5a2b09b4edc9d028b5661e429e282.png

just posted my textures to the texture section... and here's the updated Willow's face based on my new concept-art as informed above. (This version should not be judged on since it was made today, outside of the challenge's timeframe). :D

Out of the rabbit's hole comes a lonely sentinel with the...

~Results~

Just_Spectating

Shading 7/10
Here you've gone for a more realistic and bleached look. The skin looks great but it doesn't quite match up to the in-game norm.
I think that if you would've strengthened the shading and highlights more you would've achieved a more desireable look. Not bad though.

Concept 9/10
I love this. You came up with a unique idea and made it a reality. I quite like the stiches, the suit and the whole concept.
Could've used better contrast to make it pop out. You did well.

Details 8/10
Great work on details. Suit design and complimentary details are gorgeous. 'love them.

24/30

Misha

Shading 6/10
As I previously mentioned throught our messages, the texture lacks quite much in this department.
Your main problem seems to be the transitory shading and higher highlights with streaks of details on top to make them work. Still much to be added here.
It's not bad, not too good either. It is satisfactory for now.

Concept 8/10
'loving it so much. The idea of having a swimming pumpkin mimic all over is great. I think that while you didn't quite mastered your concept, it is still quite good.

Details 7/10
Details are well seen. I think that you could've made them clearer than they currently are. The fins, for example are such the case here. Not bad though.

21/30

Mr.Goblin

Shading 8/10
While both skins are well shaded all over and look otherwordly, they don't fit that well in-game with the rest of the textures by Blizzard.
One more tone like higher saturation and highlighting could've helped to achieve just that. Well done Gob :)

Concept 10/10
Both get excellent scores in this department. I like the expressions, the tonality, and all the things invested into the idea.

Details 9/10
The work is well done but you could've gone one more step and cleared the details more. They're good but still a bit unclear, especially on the torso and legs.
Great works either way Gob.

27/30

Murlocologist

Shading 8/10
While you fair a little better in this department than people like Misha or Mr.Goblin, you still have awhile to get there.
Higher contrast, stronger shading and highlights to make the skin fit better in-game.

Concept 4/10
I quite like the idea but I feel like it is a bit off-beat from the contest's theme. The hair coud've been altered in a different way.

Details 5/10
You have that problem known as unclarity. The skin is blurred slightly and has a mushy feel. I can see where you where headed with this but you didn't go there. Not yet.
Clarity is the word here. You need much of it to make the texture work your way. The hair is rather weed like which isn't that good.
Still not bad for a first entry.

17/30

Traggey

Shading 9/10
Almost perfect match for the vanilla textures. While I would advice for higher contrast to make it fit more, I fear that that might ruin the looks.
For now, it is good as is.

Concept 10/10
Great way of interpreting the theme. The idea is well conveyed and has the looks for it. The portrait implementation is marvelous.

Details 9/10
A little more and the details would be perfect. Not that they're not but the clarity is a bit blurred.

28/30

The winner receives 20 reputation points while the participants that submitted their finished entries 5 reputation points.

Misha

Shading 6/10
As I previously mentioned throught our messages, the texture lacks quite much in this department.
Your main problem seems to be the transitory shading and higher highlights with streaks of details on top to make them work. Still much to be added here.
It's not bad, not too good either. It is satisfactory for now.

Concept 8/10
'loving it so much. The idea of having a swimming pumpkin mimic all over is great. I think that while you didn't quite mastered your concept, it is still quite good.

Details 7/10
Details are well seen. I think that you could've made them clearer than they currently are. The fins, for example are such the case here. Not bad though.

21/30

so you see, that's why i leave texturing in more capable hands :p it was still fun though

Status
Not open for further replies.