• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-Game Mapping Contest #8 - Escape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
I Heard of Columns, Who Want 'Em

WIP:
attachment.php

It's very Column-y this time. Who don't like it?

Attachments

• untitled2.JPG
    untitled2.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 241
Level 30
Work in Progress #1 [WiP #1]
  • So here is my very first WiP. The screenshot shows the very first place on my map where the first cinematic will take place.
  • You are a Thug prisoned at the Castle, the other Prisoners which are the Bandits that are with you decided to help you gain your freedom by distracting the Guards outside the Cell and make a mess, now this gives you the chance to escape the Prison Cell and complete the first step of your great Escape. Now it is up to you on how you will make your great escape knowing that the Bandits have helped you complete the first step.

223963-albums6879-picture75812.jpg

Level 22
that's so cool, i believe you have 90% chance to won this contest =P

Edit:
By the way, here are my WIP
nevermind about my older post, i will try to post WIP when i'm free

Edit2:
sorry for the third screenshot, i was in a hurry so i didn't crop it properly

Edit3:
This will offer boss fight. You have to kill the Demon Lord and in the end you have to escape the citadel
to open the Demon Lord's throne room, you have to find and step on Circle of Power to open the door and to find the Circle of Power you have to fight bosses and there is an obstacle to make a way to the circle of power

Edit4:
too much edit =.='
i'm really messed up today

Attachments

• Citadel of Doom WIP.jpg
    Citadel of Doom WIP.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 109
  • Citadel of Doom WIP2.jpg
    Citadel of Doom WIP2.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 148
  • Citadel of Doom WIP3.jpg
    Citadel of Doom WIP3.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 137
  • Citadel of Doom WIP4.jpg
    Citadel of Doom WIP4.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
A video for my second WIP with most of what I've completed so far.

Looking pretty great so far.
You should make so that you can walk horizontally and vertically as well. I would find it annoying to move as only limited to moving on the X and Y directions.

I should really learn some time how to create models as well.

...By the way, here are my WIP...

I'm definitely licking the scenery that you shown.

Oh yeh and I haven't been able to really start my entry yet.
The pressure of school and friends doesn't give me enough time to get things organized.
I will be able to start properly in a thew weeks I believe.

Level 14
Have you forgot about me wretches?Bashanofanofala!
I am joining this contest. My entry will of corse touch the dark corners of the gaming and will utilize the dusty Xenomorphs models from Alien. Hopefully I will get a screenshot wips by the mid of this week.

Put it in the first post and nobody will ask again I hope.
Basically, I can get the main points are :
1. All Public Resources (the ones at THW Resources Section) May used for the contest.
2. Participants may not request models/skins/icons/spells/system specifically for his entry, as that's considered as cheating.

Level 21
My map seemed a little too slow-paced, so I've been messing around with combat mechanics and came up with this in my test map. I'll have to redo most of my entry to fit the combat system, but I figure this will be a pretty cool concept to work with :pcon:

Arrow keys allow vertical, horizontal and diagonal movement while bulldozing through hordes of enemies. Right mouse button fires ranged weapons or swings melee attacks in the direction of the click.

Level 25
Unique ideas (as long I have right to vote) will be much more rewarded.

In the previous contest, originality was 30% of the score. Will this one be different?

EDIT: Of course, I will be adding new ideas and such. Making an identical rehash is pointless after all.

EDIT2: If anyone wants to have some fun terraforming, attached is the mortar testing in action.
With the hero selected, right click on the ground to fire.

Attachments

• MortarRush001.w3x
    29.4 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Level 25
Instead of checking ground Z, check Z of dummy before you move it, then if needed
increase or decrease it's Z to create perfect parabola that will ignore terrain cliffs and
other obstacles.

Yeah, fixed it.

Problem was the dummy unit had flying instead of crow form.

I've made loads of these systems before, thanks for the feedback though :)

EDIT: Query regarding the no teamwork rule.
In the interest of originality, I might rather do a map about running away from spreading creep. Someone was kind enough to make a model that I needed for this ( http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/requests-341/simple-doodad-request-zerg-creep-244240/ ). Would this be allowed?

Last edited:
Yeah, fixed it.

Problem was the dummy unit had flying instead of crow form.

I've made loads of these systems before, thanks for the feedback though :)

EDIT: Query regarding the no teamwork rule.
In the interest of originality, I might rather do a map about running away from spreading creep. Someone was kind enough to make a model that I needed for this ( http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/requests-341/simple-doodad-request-zerg-creep-244240/ ). Would this be allowed?

I guess its best that the judges answer this.
However, in my opinion, if it was requested before the contest started, it can't be considered teamwork, therefore it should be allowed.

I am finishing my first riddle, so a quick check-in from me...
After seeing all of the current wip entries, I kinda feel a need to make my map stand out with something. And that is mainly going to be interactability with the environment.

EDIT: First puzzle mechanics are finished, it should pretty much work now...
But I encountered a problem :( I can't make a unit have negative flying height trough triggers. So, does anyone have a solution for this, so I don't have to make a falling animations for every character, please?

By the way, this is just the mechanics of the puzzle. A lot more is going to be included in it in future.

EDIT2: Do not download that map, wrong upload. Damn, that's embarrassing -_-'

Attachments

• MMC - Escape.w3x
    584.8 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Level 25
But I encountered a problem :( I can't make a unit have negative flying height trough triggers. So, does anyone have a solution for this, so I don't have to make a falling animations for every character, please?

Two things off the top of my head:
1. Use doodads for the ground.
2. Give the unit a default negative height, create a new unit to replace the old one when you want it to be lowered, and then instantly raise it to (previous height) - (change)

Status
Not open for further replies.