• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Resource Reviews and Approval

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't approve maps that has custom imports but lacks credits to the authors of the imports. Unfortunately, maps like these do get approved here for an unknown reason.
Authors (most of them) of models/textures/icons/spells/etc demand credits when their stuffs are used, because they want fame.

I've found an old post from an old wc3sear.ch transferred thread that has a good point of credits and stuff.

olofmoleman said:
Yes there is a point
you should be glad all those modelers give away models FOR FREE
and as for me, the ONLY thing I ask in return is the credit I deserve for making them, that is not a big favor to ask.
Do you have ANY idea how feckin annoying it is when someone acts like they made something but infact you did, it's stealing, it's wrong, so give credit.

The point?
fame, if some one is really good at modeling, but all the resources get stolen and they dont get credit, the name of the author will stay fairly unkown.

Quote from
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24751

Level 34
Dan van Ohllus, the problem is, I cannot recognize every model, and I know 95% of the time it's not their model, but unless I know for a fact it was not made by them, then I approve figuring they must have made the model. Although I do know most of the good models here and at wc3c, and can spot them in maps.

Level 5
deathcom3s said:
I have been here for over two months... Anyway, look at darkwulfv, he's been here for about as long as me.
Yes, and I've been a member of Wc3c for almost 2 years, and a map reviewer for almost a year. Wc3c's standards are HIGH, so I know exactly what to look for in a map. I got approved to be a map mod because I had credentials. It doesn't matter how long you've been here (although I was a little short on posts to help prove my case), if you've got the skill and determination then you'll probably be accepted.

Pyritie said:
He's a map reviewer at wc3c so he knows what he's doing and damn he's good at it.
Thanks for the compliment ^^

Level 15
I wouldn't approve maps that has custom imports but lacks credits to the authors of the imports. Unfortunately, maps like these do get approved here for an unknown reason.
Authors (most of them) of models/textures/icons/spells/etc demand credits when their stuffs are used, because they want fame.

I've found an old post from an old wc3sear.ch transferred thread that has a good point of credits and stuff.

Quote from
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24751

Dan that being said if you find any maps like that pm me a link to them and i shall look at them

Level 17
Desklada, you cant do anything about it. Because its not against the rules to give credits, these maps have already been approved. You cannot start from now, untill the rules are changed. Which they should be.

Its a sad fact it is, modellers and resource developers are the most under-credited population of the modding community. Sad, but true.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
We will not ignore maps just because they are crappy or bug filled or not well made. You will be suprised how many people get fun from low quality custom maps.

I estimate 25%.

However, we will try filtering them, and so all the good maps are easy to reach.
This however will not mean the lower ratted maps will not be looked at as, like I said, there are many people who get the most fun from that kind of map.

Level 5
We will not ignore maps just because they are crappy or bug filled or not well made.
So then don't you just get Epicwar under a new name? If a map is crappy, bug filled, or very poorly made, why accept it and move on? Why not leave it but recommend changes? That's what I've done. There are maps that I really don't want to approve, but I do anyways because they ARE playable.

Level 34
Yes I also don't want to approve some maps, but I approved because I as you all must follow Map Approval rules. And noone of administrate team found some mistake in my work yet. Becasue I am trying to help them to improve their maps but following rules. If I reject map i also good descript what is wrong, and how they should improve this to gett approved.

Level 34
We will not ignore maps just because they are crappy or bug filled or not well made.
I would Ignore a bug filled map. It is not playable. For example I had one that had so many leaks that after five to ten minutes it was unplayable. That's is not fun for anyone.

XS-Archangel: Just PM a map Mod. Or contact me via MSN.

Level 5
Maps that don't deserve getting in seriously shouldn't. I played a map in there that, while playable, was terribly lacking. I did not approve it. Oh noes, I disobeyed the rules!! Yes, I did. The map was short, single-player, somewhat buggy, kinda leaky, and not well developed. It didn't deserve to be approved, so I didn't. I didn't ignore the map, it's still on queue. But I made a good review anyways.

Level 34
Why this map isn't approved?

Dday: Judgement 20.0c

Yeah man, noone gett this map yet, we have many many maps to moderate. And yeah you see us 4 map moderators, send PM to one and whait until moderator test. But never never aks in forums why map isn't approved. You must do this is another places. But okay you didn't know, now you know.
Your signature: Umirem zbog nje.
Zbog koga umires ? hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.