• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map approval status disappeared

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
That was me. I removed it due to the untrustworthy review that was made. The status of your map have been set to Reviewed for the time being.
I will consider having a minimod play it and evaluate it, and since it has a good number of ratings and downloads, there's a good chance it'll get approved again.

Level 37
Rui said:
I removed it due to the untrustworthy review that was made.
An "untrustworthy review", ehh? What are you saying? Read the review again that was:
panther-anthro said:
This map is quite well designed with cool features such as using houses to increase your income, which is used to repersent population, harvesting wood with your workers, and upgrading buildings to advance your culture. You have to use research in order to advance your armaments and what you can use depends on what you have researched. The sea battles seem to be a little lopsided in favor of juggernaughts when I played.

I give "The New World" a 8 out of 10.
By saying this is untrustworthy review you also mean that this is not good review enough. Panther-anthro is well-know old member of the hive and I think he's reviews are enough. Also, it have almost 20k download and good rating in hive.

Doesn't hive already have problems of "too many maps"? I think it's waste of time to review again maps like this one. It's just a lot more work, because reviewing this map for example should take at least 1 hour to test everything.

Rui said:
The status of your map have been set to Reviewed for the time being.
Very well then, I hope this will be done then soon.

Rui said:
I will consider having a minimod play it and evaluate it, and since it has a good number of ratings and downloads, there's a good chance it'll get approved again.
Of course it will be approved. There isn't any "chance", it will be approved.

After all, I know that you are one of the most hardworking mods here and I respect that. But I think unapproving this map was a wrong move. I hope we come come to terms by approving this map soon.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Aeroblyctos said:
An "untrustworthy review", ehh? What are you saying? Read the review again that was:

panther_anthro said:
This map is quite well designed with cool features such as using houses to increase your income, which is used to repersent population, harvesting wood with your workers, and upgrading buildings to advance your culture. You have to use research in order to advance your armaments and what you can use depends on what you have researched. The sea battles seem to be a little lopsided in favor of juggernaughts when I played.

I give "The New World" a 8 out of 10.

By saying this is untrustworthy review you also mean that this is not good review enough. Panther-anthro is well-know old member of the hive and I think he's reviews are enough. Also, it have almost 20k download and good rating in hive.
It's not even a review, you know. It's a description of the map, and a rating. That is fine as long as it gets your map approved.

panther-anthro is well-known for other reasons. Plus, he's not "old". He comes and goes as he damn well pleases, and that doesn't happen only in the Hive. Either way, it's irrelevant.

Aeroblyctos said:
(...)
Of course it will be approved. There isn't any "chance", it will be approved.
(...)
Very confident of that you seem to be. I don't advice demanding anything, you are in no position to do so.

Aeroblyctos said:
(...) But I think unapproving this map was a wrong move. (...)
Your map was not unapproved.

Level 17
If I we're you Aero, I'd be happy...

Because it "hopefully" gives an opportunity for a more in-depth and attractive review. The review made by that guy wasn't really one... Nor is it even making me want to download it... Just relax or ask someone you'd like to review it to.

Oh, and how is that Fireball thingy I helped you going?

You trashed it didn't you ^_^...

Sigh... Goodnight

Level 37
Vicboy said:
Because it "hopefully" gives an opportunity for a more in-depth and attractive review. The review made by that guy wasn't really one... Nor is it even making me want to download it... Just relax or ask someone you'd like to review it to.
Yeah, you have a good point. I'm waiting curiously how someone is going to review this map again. Actually, Kitabatake is coming tomorrow to my home and we are going to update the campaign and put some more stuff into it.

Vicboy said:
Oh, and how is that Fireball thingy I helped you going?
Fire ball? Off-topic?

Vicboy said:
You trashed it didn't you ^_^...
Whoooooat?

Vicboy said:
Sigh... Goodnight
Well, goodnight to you too.

Level 40
Here's a review of your map in two words: Massively imbalanced.

I played it once before, and the balance was horrible. It wasn't the first-time-noob sort of stuff, it was blatantly obvious. Admittedly I haven't played it in a month or so, but I doubt it's fixed that if it was left there for so long.

Level 6
Here's a review of your map in two words: Massively imbalanced.

I played it once before, and the balance was horrible. It wasn't the first-time-noob sort of stuff, it was blatantly obvious. Admittedly I haven't played it in a month or so, but I doubt it's fixed that if it was left there for so long.

Could you be a little more specific? That way its not complaining and its feedback.

Level 6
I should think it would be relatively obvious, but the highest-tier knights were unstoppable by anything other than the highest-tier knights.

Ive never played the game before. I was just reading this through and wanted to help the creator out. Thanks for explaining. Hopefully he/she can improve on their map now.

Status
Not open for further replies.