• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

MadseN's Terrain Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I know it's so cliche nowadays, the word 'epic', but that's all that can describe these. Each and every one is probably better than the best of most people, and that underwater city... my god is that amazing! It's better designed than what you find even in games like bioshock. That city is easily the best, though that TFT one is pretty cool too.

I bet he has some kind of trick to making them. Like something that makes them look so awesome ;P

Same with all the other good terrainers too... I don't know how they do it!!!

Level 5
I'd say they are all beautiful! The floating city one is a pretty cool idea too! I'm thinking of making my own showcase... I haven't really had the time to commit myself to it proplerly yet though....
Nice stuff!
A few of them remind me of LotR. Were any of them inspired by it?

Level 28
He used the models from the Ultimate Terraining Map (wich is stcked at the top of the Terraing Board).

The models he used were, for the base of the tree, the Tree of Life (wich can be found by default on the World Editor) and the Fur Leaves model for the leaves (this model can only be found at the UTM).

_

Level 4
k the under water one is defently the best, kicks a** your a beast madsen, ima make something like that under water one, thanks for the idea ill credit you.

I dont think MadseN's terrains are the best anymore...Seeing Void's, Keiji's, Raid1000's terrains, MadseN's isn't the best around the hive. I mean look at the first six terrains, they were cool only when we all were beginners. But now, they ain't nothing, not just the first six, and some others.. I have to admit some terrains are pretty good, but it's just his style of making the terrain, i'm positive that Void can make a better terrain of all these terrains in the thread, not just void, many more users...

Last edited:
Level 36
He isn't legendary anymore!

You dont know the meaning of the word "legendary" do you? It means something that was ONCE great. A person cant be legendary for something he did today or anything. And its unfair to give him that crap when he doesnt even have the chance to terrain, ofc someone else might be able to make better terrains than his, but thats sort of the thing, we've been terraining all along, he havnt due to the military or wtf it was.

Oh, btw, who's Kiji? :p

Level 7
I dont think MadseN's terrains are the best anymore...

Actually MadSeN´s terrains were never the best.
Same to Void, Raid and all the others; seriously it´s a bit pathethic talking about "the best terrainer", because there is no.
Everyone has one or more favorite terrainers and nearly every terrainer could be 'legendary' if he just get enough fanboys.
We all know MadSeN was ( or still is ) a great terrainer, who made wonderful screenshots ( with or without "new techniques" ). Like many of other terrainers, too.
Where´s the big deal?

Level 34
Actually MadSeN´s terrains were never the best.
Same to Void, Raid and all the others; seriously it´s a bit pathethic talking about "the best terrainer", because there is no.
Everyone has one or more favorite terrainers and nearly every terrainer could be 'legendary' if he just get enough fanboys.
We all know MadSeN was ( or still is ) a great terrainer, who made wonderful screenshots ( with or without "new techniques" ). Like many of other terrainers, too.
Where´s the big deal?
Overall, I'd say he was arguably the best. His screens just don't like look wc3 anymore, and they were ahead of their time so to say.

2-P is definitely the most creative terrainer, but his screens just don't have the insane polish that MadseN has.

Status
Not open for further replies.