• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Deathcom3s Terrain Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
These are just some Terrains i have made so far. Belgarath wanted me to post a showcase so he could compare my terrains. I hope to add more soon.

Added some more screens!

Attachments

• Island_Jungle1a.jpg
    Island_Jungle1a.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 252
  • Island_jungle2a.jpg
    Island_jungle2a.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 276
  • Island_jungle4a.jpg
    Island_jungle4a.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 224
  • My_showcase_pic6.jpg
    My_showcase_pic6.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 184
  • Elf_village2.jpg
    Elf_village2.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 188
  • Odai_plains10.jpg
    Odai_plains10.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 131
  • sunrise2.jpg
    sunrise2.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Level 15
the first 3 seem to be peoples favorite. I would have used better tree variation but my PC is a piece of crap and can't open the UTM so I have to use models i find on various web sites.

I'm still working on the last one, making it look more natural and I changed the cobble to village dirt with some rough dirt thrown in to add variatin to it. I'm also making it so that the grass closest to the path is small and gradually gets taller the further away from the path you get. I need a better grass model.

Level 24
I liked the 1.st and the 4.th screenies.

Negative:
The dark grass on the 1.st (In my opinion it looks unrealistic)
On the 4.th the contrast between grass and path is a bit to high.
Dont use shrub as grass, use only shrub nearby objects such as walls, rocks, trees and such.

Positive:
You made the 1.st very fruitfull and nice, by mixing the trees and the sky!
The 4.th
Nice sky and fog effects on all pictures.
On the 3 first pictures you managed to make the terrain quite nice with few custom models and mostly wc3 models.

Level 34
About the same level as your other ones. That last one is pretty poor though. So plain! I also do not care for the mixture of tiles used.

Level 6
The rocks for walls in the city ones is a good idea, but it just doesn't click. The city pictures have much to be desired and just need some work, street lights, mail boxes, people and other stuff that clutters cities in those days (hay carts with vendors selling stuff, alchemist shop, blacksmith working, etc.) but I do like all the evergreen forest ones, look very cinematic, but I would say make the fog match the trees more or less and more pronounced in the pictures. + REP

Status
Not open for further replies.