• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Here is one from one of my next maps:

BF06.jpg

-VGsatomi

Level 6
Some Stuff i've made (Forest of Tears?)

Well, these are some screenshots i've made time ago, its from a project i never finished, because i need LOTS of doodads to make a huge map with terrain like this,

hope you like it, this is ("Forest of Tears"?) =)

Forest2.jpg

Forest4.jpg

Forest5.jpg

Forest7.jpg

Bai bai

Level 3
These are some great terrains. . .Ramza and VG, you guys are great. . .I wonder how you guys play around with the doodads. I remember seeing one that was made by Ramza. It looked like a cathedral and it looked very nice!

Level 4
Here, lets give you sumthing to eat.
This is from my FPS Ninja Combat II (campaign version of IggiZ' Ninja Combat map)
I know it still needs some raffinemant.

7.jpg

6.jpg

It includes a new combo-system:

4.jpg

5.jpg

11.jpg

It's not a joke and it works!
Well, if have better terrain I'll show you.
Oh, here, another three:

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

Level 4
Yeah I know about the trees, I already lowered them at a lot of places.
Those are are the only spots left.
BTW, do you like the lil rocks in the river? I'm not sure if it's really good. I should lower them too or just change their Z value.

PS: Leuk om nog een NL-er op deze site te zien :D .

Level 22
yes i like the rocks very much, so much that ill steal ur idea xD :p but yes u should lower em, changing the Z value wont help, cuz that doesnt lower doodads, just makes em shorter. right? maybe im wrong dunno :p

You can see a bit of felwood sky on the left. I don't know why it showed so black.

then u must hold ctrl and scroll back

en ja, idd leuk om nog een NLer te zien ^^

Level 4
Ramza said:
...but yes u should lower em, changing the Z value wont help...
I know, i meant to make them flatter with the Z-value. To lower you must CTRL-PageDown.

Ramza said:
then u must hold ctrl and scroll back
No, when you are in gameview settings the sky IS the black mask but with sky texture. So with CTRL-SCROLL you move the sky itself.

Ramza said:
...so much that ill steal ur idea...
Don't steal, just use my idea (but could you give credits for it? :p ).
But I must warn you, don't use too many of them oatherwise the game will slow down and perhaps bug for some slower PCs.

PS: Stealing is very very very very bad. Don't. :D

Level 22
To lower you must CTRL-PageDown.

*cough*duh*cough* 8)

No, when you are in gameview settings the sky IS the black mask but with sky texture. So with CTRL-SCROLL you move the sky itself

ah, ye. i know why then. every sky has another 'cube' in the editor, some r really small. kind of weird, the lordearon skies r the biggest i thought

Don't steal, just use my idea (but could you give credits for it? icon_razz.gif ).
But I must warn you, don't use too many of them oatherwise the game will slow down and perhaps bug for some slower PCs.

PS: Stealing is very very very very bad. Don't. icon_biggrin.gif

k ^^ i will give credits so it isnt stolen :)

Level 4
You're a great terrainer, dude! But what trees are those; I like them.

ye looks nice. that burning rock is rolling down or it just stands there?

It's not a rock, but a log in fire, you know, een boomstam. But its a great idea for in the cave submap, rocks that roll down and you need to avoid.

Don't say anything about the sky not being there ,please. (CUZ THERE IS A SKY, FELWOOD IF YA WANNA KNOW)
This is from the forest part of my map:

16.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

18.jpg

22.jpg

21.jpg

Level 22
I think I'm jealous..

cool xD

Ramzas. I haven't seen yours

ah, the model is called 'elveswood1' i thought, just look for it on this site in doodads section

i like ur screenies, expecially the third one. the first screenshot isnt good i think, a little boring (or a bad cam angle)
in the second last screenie there r some fall trees in it btw, why is that?(they r twice as small as the green trees to)

Level 4
in the second last screenie there r some fall trees in it btw, why is that?
Cuz there's a village right next to it and there are fall trees.

(they r twice as small as the green trees to)
:eek: No way! What makes u say that? They are the same size. Perhaps the cam angle does it, or the FoV.
(I changed FoV in that screenie to 100 or sumthing)

Level 3
Hmmm. . .Good man ramza, i'm creating a new map, something like a war map and i kinda like created a whole lot of dumb ass abilities to be used. the only problem . .i cant find a proper terrain!!! So i'm seeking your advice. Something like two castles or something. one at the north, one at the south and then players just battle to take control of the opponent's base. Any help? Anyone?

Level 4
Frozenfire3D said:
Hmmm. . .Good man ramza, i'm creating a new map, something like a war map and i kinda like created a whole lot of dumb ass abilities to be used. the only problem . .i cant find a proper terrain!!! So i'm seeking your advice. Something like two castles or something. one at the north, one at the south and then players just battle to take control of the opponent's base. Any help? Anyone?

I could only say:
- Download WEU (World Editor Unlimited) to be able to use 16 different textures in one map and make nicer cliffs.
- Use a huge variation of doodads
- Variate your ground textures (you can 16 of them in WEU)
- Resize your models to make them look realistic
- place lil environement doodads like mushrooms
- Make cutom things using several doodads without pathing

Level 3
nah. . .i dont trust weu. And i DONT ask people to wipe my ass after i've taken a dump. . .just asking for ideas or any tips and hints. . .but i aint too sure about creating buildings with doodads. never tried it before. . .haha. Maybe i'll try making something like ramza's king's throne. If i have the time. My school teachers are drilling us with tests

Level 3
Just a few WIP's from my RPG project of my Nightelven and Forest area, Nothing on most of the stuff posted here but its playable.

First shot is of the small Night Elf camp:
NE1.jpg

This one is of part of the forest surounding it:
NE2.jpg

My aim is to not use cliffs at all, i think they look ugly and take away from the terrain around it.

Level 1
I am a terrainer as well and i will post some pics later tommorrow, i could use advices.

And ihave one question, how do you set sky in the map, i mena i set it in the campagin options, but it does not appear, help plz, thx in advance!

Level 10
@ Silvermoon: To have Sky ingame, use the trigger action "environment - set sky to..."

@ ragingspeedhorn: That looks really good! I especially like the house at the right of the first pic of the town... could you post a pic showing it completely? Also the insides of the houses are well done, I wonder how you will do it ingame. :)

Some more pictures of the town will come soon when we have finnished more of it. The secret behind some of the buildings is that we have sometimes taken several buildings and putted them together so it looks like 1. That gives alot of possibilitys to mix stuff to make it look cool :)

The inside of the house is easily done, when people "enter" a house they just get moved instantly with some special effects showing. Your view is not gonna be normal wc3 view but some custom cameras so it looks good ingame also :D

Level 3
Some more pics:

Starting town center

Startertown1.jpg

Tier 1 Class Training Center

Basictrainingcenter.jpg

The skin on the hunters hall is just a copy and paste from the farm and some recoloring on the door.

Level 3
Ok ive added some more variation:

Wholestartertown.jpg

Or:

Wholestartertown1.jpg

Any opinions on which looks better? Oh and bear inmind im still to add alot of doodads and some more merchants and shops.

Status
Not open for further replies.