• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Life is shit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Guys did you ever ask yourself?..

Why do i go to school, finding a job, sacrifice everything, doing everything to earn money than to find happiness.. If one day you'll gonna die?..

Actually i still don't know the answer.. How about you?

Actually i am pretty serious about this one.. this for my Reflection project in our English..

Level 22
Actually i am pretty serious about this one.. this for my Reflection project in our English..
Serious indeed.

1337363942938.gif
So what if we're gonna die someday, thinking of death and purpose is boring. Just do what you want to do while your you're still alive, you might regret it when you're about to die.

Last edited:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
By the way since this is for your English project, write with some proper grammar :p

Seriously though, I am more concerned about the 'freedom' we have in our lives. You spend your youth studying and then working. And AFTER you have spent 70% of your life doing things that you literary are forced to do unless you want to live on the street. Then you are 'free' but with a limited amount of money and a crappy body that limits your options.

It's somewhat related, sorry for the off topic :p

edit:
Stop taking those... whatever ur taking

haha :D He deserves his money back?

Level 14
And AFTER you have spent 70% of your life doing things that you literary are forced to do unless you want to live on the street. Then you are 'free' but with a limited amount of money and a crappy body that limits your options.

You are not forced. Sure, thats what we like to hear, that we have no choice, but who keeps you from moving to alaska spending the whole time fishing and collecting firewood?
People want a certain lifestyle, and yet they complain that they are required to do somethings to get that lifestyle.

I dont like this show, but this pretty much nails it:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
You are not forced. Sure, thats what we like to hear, that we have no choice, but who keeps you from moving to alaska spending the whole time fishing and collecting firewood?
People want a certain lifestyle, and yet they complain that they are required to do somethings to get that lifestyle.

I dont like this show, but this pretty much nails it:

That would be all fine, if I didn't have to study before moving to alaska.

Level 34
As I get older I appreciate responsibility more and more. I actually enjoy (in a certain way) keeping my house clean, or repairing things, keeping up with commitments I've made (I run a sports group at my church and I'll be teaching a catechism class this fall), working hard to give people roofs over their head (I build roofs), etc.

Video games and other forms of entertainment don't have the same lasting satisfaction and joy that living a healthy balanced life do. I still spend way too much time on the computer, but I'm learning to spend more time in reality.

Also I LOVE the outdoors. I'm investing more and more into my hiking/camping gear. Working hard all week isn't as bad when you're saving up for more incredible adventures.

I also have to mention love. As a human, I live to be loved. Deep down that's what I desire above all else. I believe this is true for all of us. We are social creatures that desire to be loved by other people.

Level 14
I agree. Every day I have multiple moments of realization where I stare blankly at the wall and think "this is life" while being overwhelmed by boredom and tiredness.

My standards of living are excellent though, I don't really lack anything (other than immense amounts of money), but I'm crippled by my own laziness and apathy.

Level 8
Life is preparation for the afterlife, aka heaven... for those that believe in it.

You go in school to learn something about your life, history of people who fought and died for your sakes... and one day, you use your HEAD and people see that you're smart, wise start respecting you, then you feel something that's rare in the world--it's called happiness.

You work to live. Nowdays, life is all about working, but you do get free time and once you get use to it, you'll learn tor espect every moment of your after-work time. Marriage and having kids is something that very few people learn to respect... and love in marriage rare.

After that, you get old, your hair starts falling, you get grandchildrens, etc. and after that comes death and your way to eternity, eternity of hell, of eternity of heaven.

If you wanna leave a mark on the world about you, then you just have to do something no one can, if you want to have freedom and not pay for it, then you have to improvise, or live a religious life where you're doing something for humanity to help them.

Level 11
Guys did you ever ask yourself?..

Why do i go to school, finding a job, sacrifice everything, doing everything to earn money than to find happiness.. If one day you'll gonna die?..

Actually i still don't know the answer.. How about you?

What is a 'reflection project' exactly? Never had one myself in my time, I guess you have to write an essay, amirite? Honestly though, choose another topic which will be easier to write :) I would have shunned this project if that was the subject matter hahaha

If you are worried about life in general, I will say take things in a good stride.
'Shit' happens but that is all part and parcel of being alive. Living things struggle to stay alive, everyone of them, the birds in the sky and the worms beneath us. No struggle = death. That is the way it has been so far.

Ultimately we all are going to die...because simply nothing is forever. Death cannot be overcome, it is a universal law but that should not deter us from striving to get what we want from our lives, and what changes we can make in the lives of those who matter to us. So strive while you live and do what you can and then when your time comes take your place among the stars and let the new generation do their bidding :)

Level 14
Life is preparation for the afterlife, aka heaven... for those that believe in it.

You go in school to learn something about your life, history of people who fought and died for your sakes... and one day, you use your HEAD and people see that you're smart, wise start respecting you, then you feel something that's rare in the world--it's called happiness.

You work to live. Nowdays, life is all about working, but you do get free time and once you get use to it, you'll learn tor espect every moment of your after-work time. Marriage and having kids is something that very few people learn to respect... and love in marriage rare.

After that, you get old, your hair starts falling, you get grandchildrens, etc. and after that comes death and your way to eternity, eternity of hell, of eternity of heaven.

If you wanna leave a mark on the world about you, then you just have to do something no one can, if you want to have freedom and not pay for it, then you have to improvise, or live a religious life where you're doing something for humanity to help them.

Those who think that life is preparation for afterlife are wasting it. The sad truth is that there isn't any big paradise shit waiting after this. This is all we have, so spend it wisely instead of believing old tales.

Level 8
Those who think that life is preparation for afterlife are wasting it. The sad truth is that there isn't any big paradise shit waiting after this. This is all we have, so spend it wisely instead of believing old tales.

Beliving in the creator of world and universe itself isn't an old tale--it is present yet in the world and you, as most likely, alot of people hear about it every day. Those people who stay to their religion are smart enough to believe in something, or anything. If you don't have any faith at all, then you're wasting your time on earth. Posting comment like this anyways was useless anyways.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
(...) So what if we're gonna die someday,
I can scarcely believe people would view such a question as trivial.

thinking of death and purpose is boring (...)
I find it depressing, not boring.

As I get older I appreciate responsibility more and more. (...)
Well I've finally found a good lot of things we don't have in common then =P

I enjoy keeping my house clean — my bedroom, at least. Not clean, per se, but moreso somewhere between dirty, clean and chaotic at just about the right level, so I hate it when my parents come in here and tidy it up =P

Anyway, I'm the exact opposite. I hate all the responsibilities that adults start dumping on you. Then you've got to get a degree (this one wasn't so hard because I like studying and learning), get a driver's license... I can't precise it, but my life quality was much better as a child than as an adult. Sure, I had less autonomy, that's what everyone always complains about, but so what? I like it that someone cares about me.

Video games and other forms of entertainment don't have the same lasting satisfaction and joy that living a healthy balanced life do. I still spend way too much time on the computer, but I'm learning to spend more time in reality.
Just recently, I felt an impulse to reread Harry Potter: Order of the Phoenix (just picked a random one from the series). I woke up at 7 a.m. and got so absorbed by it that I ended up reading the whole day, at least 300 pages until it was midnight.
I know, I know... you'll qualify me as childish, but reading through those books always reminds me how monotonous life and its routines are. I'm certain the op got the same feeling through some other mean. When, since early childhood, you've been shown universes where virtue and character make heroes and friendship bounds are true, it is inevitable that, at some point while growing up, you'll compare it to the world you live on, where good character and morality is a stone in the shoe more than anything else. Moreover, those traits strengthen the hero because they're "good" traits, whilst, in our world, good, wrong... everything is “relative”, there are no ways to battle tyranny or corruption and there are no good causes to fight for.

I also have to mention love. As a human, I live to be loved. Deep down that's what I desire above all else. I believe this is true for all of us. We are social creatures that desire to be loved by other people.
Depends on what sort of love we're talking about ;<

Level 36
I like to look at it from a reverse "only death is certain" kind of way.
As in:

"The only certainty is life." - Or as René Descartes puts it: "I think; therefore I am."
You know that you live, and you're told that you'll die, and unless you're religious then
death is finality. This scares very many, and it should, we should be afraid of dying,
but fearing death is what gives life quality. The knowing that some day I will stop
existing makes me want to make my limited existence out to be everything I want.
So yes, life is shit, often and consequently, and no matter how happy you are in life,
you'll never escape depression. But just like "nothing is forever" there's also this thing
about "every action has a counter-action" - We're depressed, or experience depression,
to be reminded of what not being happy feels like, the trick is limiting it as much as
possible and not giving in to it.

The short version: The beautiful notion of life and everything that is life is what makes
me keep on living.

Level 34
Anyway, I'm the exact opposite. I hate all the responsibilities that adults start dumping on you. Then you've got to get a degree (this one wasn't so hard because I like studying and learning), get a driver's license... I can't precise it, but my life quality was much better as a child than as an adult. Sure, I had less autonomy, that's what everyone always complains about, but so what? I like it that someone cares about me.
The difference is that you're living at home. I live on my own, and that's when things started changing for me. This doesn't mean other people will have the same experience as me, but I definitely didn't feel this way living at home.

Depends on what sort of love we're talking about ;<
Are you hitting on me Rui?!

Love: To desire the good of another as other.

Level 22
I can scarcely believe people would view such a question as trivial.
Trivial or not, it's still pointless. Thinking of what to do while living outweighs thinking about death, in my opinion.

I find it depressing, not boring.
Thinking about my death doesn't put me in depression, I am actually looking forward to it. I'll be free from my awareness, eternal slumber. When someone close to you dies, that's depressing, at least from my experience.

Level 14
Beliving in the creator of world and universe itself isn't an old tale--it is present yet in the world and you, as most likely, alot of people hear about it every day. Those people who stay to their religion are smart enough to believe in something, or anything. If you don't have any faith at all, then you're wasting your time on earth. Posting comment like this anyways was useless anyways.

Are you serious? Believing in something is hardly a mental challenge that makes one smart in any way. Even the stupidest among us are capable of believing in things.

And I'm the one wasting my time here because I'm not dedicating it to an imaginary creature?

What's so good about life is how you can control the things that you want to with the power that you gain yourself with what you are provided with.

In other words challenging yourself to get what you really desire with yourself as you are.

Surely things can get depressing when things don't go your way as planned, but realizing that something has brought you down is something that makes you realize to get yourself back up.

Also yeh not a good idea to argue or as some think critisize others for their beliefs and religions here.
Keeping in harmony and keeping everything clean is the way to go.

Level 37
For me, there must always be a purpose to keep going. A meaning to keep on living. A goal to go. My thing is to finish book I've been writing over a year now. Also I have my Wacraft 3 campaign project. If there's no such a thing I would feel like I am a robot without meaning. I always need a project which I like to do. If there would not be such a thing I would feel empty and that means only one thing: Suicide.

There always a purpose for ones life.

Life is option, you can choose to die shamelessly and forgotten in matter of days or weeks.
Or you can choose to become part of the world history, a person that warps the world toward a better way (or vice versa) and have a significance role in that part.
Persona 3 - Nyx Avatar said:
"let us end this, this is the path of your choosing."

Basically, what you do will reflect your future options, I try to make an observation of my past once (memory observation I'd say), If I don't do A, I'm sure B won't or at least delayed from happening and so on.

Life is harsh for some (me and my schoolmates states "life is brutal"), but that's maybe because of our options.

Chobibo also points an important thing of living.

Roland

R

Roland

Umm, As an Physically Disabled person [Handicapped], I find my Life Fucking miserable.
I think I deserve to Kill myself instead of living in worst life here in the Cruel earth.

But, Some people thinks that I'm a Gifted person :/

For some or Most people here on earth, they found out that their life sucks.
For most people here on earth *For positive Thinkers* They found out that Life is amusing and there's a lot of enjoying stuff will be happened there :/

Sowwy for Wrongie grammar.

Level 13
I didn't read all comments on this, but here's my take on it. (Be warned, it's pretty negative.)

I feel like my job is slowly killing me. I work 8 hours a day, five days a week, and although that is probably better working hours than most people, I still hate it.
I would really like not needing money, and just be able to do fun things.
I've generally always hated working (and school), but I don't know what the alternative is. It's not that I'm bad at it either, as I score top grades most of the time. It all just seems so meaningless.
I saw another post about liking responsibility, and I can relate to that somewhat. I actually enjoy cleaning and stuff at home, it makes me feel satisfied afterwards, but having to work for 8 hours a day for the rest of my life just doesn't look bright for me at all.
It would be awesome to just have a shit load of cash, and do whatever the fuck you wanted for the rest of your life :(

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

^At the beginning of your life, you take.
At the middle of your life, you give.
At the latter times of your life, you take.

Level 12
I didn't read all comments on this, but here's my take on it. (Be warned, it's pretty negative.)

I feel like my job is slowly killing me. I work 8 hours a day, five days a week, and although that is probably better working hours than most people, I still hate it.
I would really like not needing money, and just be able to do fun things.
I've generally always hated working (and school), but I don't know what the alternative is. It's not that I'm bad at it either, as I score top grades most of the time. It all just seems so meaningless.
I saw another post about liking responsibility, and I can relate to that somewhat. I actually enjoy cleaning and stuff at home, it makes me feel satisfied afterwards, but having to work for 8 hours a day for the rest of my life just doesn't look bright for me at all.
It would be awesome to just have a shit load of cash, and do whatever the fuck you wanted for the rest of your life :(

Have you seen the movie Into the Wild? Maybe you should consider changing your life radically for some time?

movie spoiler
except dying of course

Level 13
I've seen it, but that is not what I want. Actually I'm not much of a nature guy. I just really hate working, and as stupid as it sounds, I think I just want to be rich.
I know that money doesn't buy happiness, but just having unlimited amounts of cash would surely help you do what you really want to do.

Level 25
Purpouse of life is to enjoy it: How you do it is up to you, but I'd say that you should go out and meet people, having people around you will make you feel better, humans are social creatures after all.

Saphiree, 8 hours work on a boring job doesn't seem so awesome, can you switch to another job or make your current job more enjoyable?
You say you want to be unlimited rich, well.. What would you do if you were unlimited rich? :)

Level 13
Hang out with my friends, and drive around racetracks in cars probably. I'd probably also learn about how to fine tune cars for events and stuff :)

Also, of cause I don't have to be unlimited rich, but just being rich enough to do what I wrote above would be awesome :)

Level 12
Its pretty easy to say this to someone else and actually hard doing it but I'm still going to say it.

Have you considered switching your job or doing some after hour activity to become rich/wealthier? Like writing apps/a book/whatever youre good in..

Also winning a mountain of money, like in a lottery, often has bad consequences. Don't think that every aspect of your life would improve just because of the money. I have to admit though that I would love someone giving me 500k or so and then donate everything to charity he gives me above that sum. Except he gives me 100mil, then I plan to keep about 5mil for myself and give the rest away. Though I can not say for sure what would really happen when getting so much money...

You see, I'm prepared, now I only need someone giving me such an amount of money!

Level 13
I have considered quitting my job multiple times, and it is a possibility, but I have no idea what I would want to do instead.
I work as a System Developer now, but as I said above, I'm really into cars. I just don't know if I could see myself working as a mechanic or something along those lines.

Level 19
I'm a medic in a hospital and encounter at least one or two deaths in a month.
Each family is having a hard time losing someone. It can't be described and nothing can be done about it. Not to be talking about death only, people also suffer at times.

Because of this, I look at life in different way.
Enjoy your life while you still can. One day it can be over and you never may have lived your life like you wanted.

Life is what you make out of it. Nothing more and nothing less.
If you decide to fall into a pit and die, then so be it. But remember, there is always a bright side no matter what you have been through.

I could tell more, but that's all I wanted to say. For now.

- XaR

Level 24
If this is about life, then I should tell Life thingies

Life, to me, my positive me, is a challenge, a voyage and a journey, to where you will end up, or to where your life ends. To sail across great waves of trials and perils, to sail until you reach your goal.
From the Earth, you are given a life, (Your mothers stomach, just optional)
to the Living, to work as a being
and to Die, to take rest from the tiring journey and have eternal peace

(Positive Me): So enjoy life, because it is short, when someone you love dies, then so are you. Because we all die, all of us has its limits, and nothings permanent except the Lord (if your Christian).
Well, I guess thats all of it in my mind,
Y peace :)

Level 22
In my opinion, we do all those things. Going to school for example, is to prepare our future. to make it easier to live our life in the future. We're trying our best to survive, to not die faster than we have to, even though we can't escape death and we'll die eventually. Honestly, you can find happiness easily especially in little things and you usually don't realize it.

Level 6
Being useful/helpful and making things work are the things that drive me. I couldn't stand playing games and watching TV all day, that is no life to live at all (for me). I want to write code (make things work) and I want to be a helpful neighbour/colleague.

Thanks chief! for the answer..

Thanks to all who give answer too!..

My teacher decided that some of us will discuss our reflection in life.. thanks to all answers given I am one of the student who will discuss..

So if you want to say something more please say it... it will help a lot for my upcoming discussion,,

Status
Not open for further replies.