• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Legacy] Modders Idea Factory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

HELLO ! I have a request......
Primary Attribute: Agility
Hero Skill element : Lightning / Thunder
Hero Theme : RPG, custom
No of skills : 6
Normal spells : 5
Ultimates : 1
Role ingame : Carry, damage dealer.
Restrictions : No heavy hp cost spells please, All spells charge a bit of mana and have short cooldowns. Some nice ideas
Help plzzz

Level 19
HELLO ! I have a request......
Hero Skill element : Lightning / Thunder
Hero Theme : RPG, custom
No of skills : 6
Normal spells : 5
Ultimates : 1
Role ingame : Carry, damage dealer.
Restrictions : No heavy hp cost spells please, All spells charge a bit of mana and have short cooldowns. Some nice ideas
Help plzzz

What do you mean? does spell supose to cost life? and what do you mean by charge mana? what kind of system does this hero use?

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Map Theme: RPG, custom
Map Kind: Campaign
Number of Spells: 6
Number of Normal Spells 5
Number of Ultimates: 1
Restrictions: The hero should have lightning has his base element for the spells. The in-game role is carry and killer. Must be melee

So.... Is it okay now ? I want one of the heroes abilities to be charged so that they gain one charge every time the heroe kills, casts spells or anything good you can think of.

THE BASE ELEMENT IS THUNDER.

Level 22
I have a new request:

Primary Attribute: Intelligence
Map Theme: CrossCraft (Warcraft II + Red Alert 1 crossover)
Map Kind: Campaign/Altered Melee
Number of Spells: 4
Number of Normal Spells Value: 3
Restrictions: Must be an orc, warlock or black magic spells, balanced with other Warcraft II (and Red Alert 1) stats

Little Info on Hero (Hero Name): Hmm... I am not good with names...
Little Lore: Faithful follower of Ner'zhul and Shadowmoon Clan, practicer of warlock and black magic
Restrictions: Must be an orc warlock and loyal to Ner'zhul.

Any idea will be appreciated. Thanks.

Level 12
Garomul

Primary Attribute: Strength
Map Theme: Warcraft
Map Kind: RPG
Number of Spells: 2
Number of Normal Spells 1
Restrictions: 1

Garomul - Strength
Abilities:

icons_11594_btn.jpg

Mundo - All kind of living units.
Description
Range: 900 #
Cooldown: 45 # seconds
Notes: Puts the enemies for sleep for 10 seconds, in meanwhile they are taking 10 initial damage over time Notes come here about the ability if required, else remove it!

icons_11594_btn.jpg

Poisioned Ground - All kind of ground living units.
Description
Range: 800 #
Cooldown: 18 # seconds
Notes: Garomul make an pit on the ground makes the enemies goe's a lot slower. Units on the ground will move 20-30-40% slower Notes come here about the ability if required, else remove it!

icons_11594_btn.jpg

Rain of Poision - All kind of ground living units.
Description
Range: 600 #
Cooldown: 20# seconds
Notes: He will Channel Rain of Poision wich will make units get poisioned and will take damage when they are being hitted. Notes come here about the ability if required, else remove it!

icons_11594_btn.jpg

Ultimate:
Daemonic Fury - On him self
Description
Range: NA #
Cooldown: 60 # seconds
Notes: Garomul will enrage him self with overpowered power, means he will hit all enemie units that stands besides him.Notes come here about the ability if required, else remove it!

Level 19
Map Theme: RPG, custom
Map Kind: Campaign
Number of Spells: 6
Number of Normal Spells 5
Restrictions: The hero should have lightning has his base element for the spells. The in-game role is carry and killer. Must be melee

I will be taking this.

Mamaragan, the thunder - AGI
Abilities:

Lighning smash - No Target
Hero smashes a cone in front of him with his lighning powers. This deals X damage to the enemy right in front of him and Y damage to the ones behind. It also Slows them down by Z% for some seconds.
Range: 200-300
Cooldown: 40 seconds
Notes: Range is cone size. X is bigger than Y. Scales damage and slow duration.

Tempest - Point Target
Summons a cloud that attacks with lightning near enemies. Deals X damage. Them more far away the enemies are from caster, them more damage they take. Cloud lasts Y seconds.
Range: 700
Cooldown: 100 seconds
Notes: A spell made to get those annoying ranged guys close to you. Scales damage and duration.

Etherize - No Target
Hero converts into a lightning, becoming untargetable, but can still take damage. While on this form, you can only cast Materialize. Lasts X seconds.
Range: -
Cooldown: 90 seconds
Notes: Spell to gain time and get cd's back. While on this form, you still apply any area damage effects your items may have. You still take damage from DoT.

Materialize - Point Target
Hero materializes at target point. May only be casted while you are under the effects of etherize.
Range: 2000
Cooldown: 150 seconds
Notes: This is quite an insane escape. Huge mana cost on this one.

Lighning shockwave - No Target Autocast
Hero creates a shockwave of lightning in a small area around him. Deals X damage and Y extra damage over Z seconds. Can be autocasted.
Range: 350
Cooldown: 20 seconds
Notes: While on etherize, this spell is casted if you had it set to autocast before etherizing, but you can't disable the autocast!. Scales DoT and mana cost.

Ultimate:
Vortex - No Target
Hero spins around creating a huge electric camp, eventually causing a vortex around him. This deals X damage over time to near enemies and pulls them towards the center of the vortex. Enemies at the center take Y extra damage per second. Casting etherize does not stop this spell. Lasts Z seconds.
Range: 400
Cooldown: 250 seconds
Notes: Rage is the maximum amount of distance an enemy will start to get pulled. Cannot pull bosses. May cast materialize to relocate without stopping this spell.

Well, he is insane. If you get to close he will eat you, if you get to far you will suffer quite a lot. Probably easy to take down with low mana, since he is an AGI and not an INT hero.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

@ Pallian , Thanks I really needed those types of spells. BTW, you wont mind if I change some stuff right ? Like names and icons and etc.... + rep

Okay now I am on my phone so its difficult to follow the code. But I actually need another lighting idea as a bonus spell.... So if i need to follow the code to get some ideas on a non ultimate damage dealing lightning spell Then Ill post the code this sunday....

Level 19
@ Pallian , Thanks I really needed those types of spells. BTW, you wont mind if I change some stuff right ? Like names and icons and etc.... + rep

Okay now I am on my phone so its difficult to follow the code. But I actually need another lighting idea as a bonus spell.... So if i need to follow the code to get some ideas on a non ultimate damage dealing lightning spell Then Ill post the code this sunday....

Yeah sure our ideas are ideas after all, you see what you use and what not.

Well, is it a instant cast, channeled, is it unit target, hero target, and so on?

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Name of Spell: Unknown
Type / Effect: Heal or Damage
Element: Fire
Map Theme: SPRPG, Strategy
Map Kind: RPG, Campaign
Restrictions: Non - ultimate spell only... and...nothing much

I will be pleased to get an idea on this spell... really...

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Hello, I would like to receive ideas for the following, as I struggle with it.

Map Kind: RPG
Number of Spells: 1

Explanation

To explain furthermore: My RPG uses skill trees. The player can spend skill points there to unlock the basic Q,W,E,R and S abilities.
Each ability uses two +two techs, modifying the ability in a particular way

Example: The Paladin class has the Q ability 'Shining Light' ( = Holy Light, as known from the default). Advancing in progress, the player can invest into techs unlocking specialities about the Q ability.

He can either choose to unlock an additional defence effect, applying 'Rejuvenation' on the ally he casted 'Shining Light' on.

Or, second tech, he can invest into a tech that lowers the armor of enemies he casted 'Shining Light' on.

He can only choose either defensive or offensive techs, not both.

Basically, every ability of the Paladin can have an additional defence effect or offensive effect.

Now, my request: The paladin class has a W ability that stuns an enemy in melee range ( casted on the target).

I cannot think of any techs related to this ability.
I need two defensive tech and two offensive tech. The player decides for one tech out of two and unlocks a second tech for the tech he decided to choose.
So, for example, the defensive tech 1 unlocks a second defensive tech 2 for the ability, too.

I would be glad if you could help me

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Do you need 1 spell or 4? Not clear to me.

Also, instead of making it a melee range stun, make it a "next attack stuns" spell. It's a lot more convenient.

Basically, the base ability is the 'stun on the next attack' ( thank you for the suggestion).

If you take a look on the object editor I would say I need 4 additional abilities.

One ability based on the base ability has a defensive character, the second one has an offensive character. They improve/change the base ability based on their character.

The third and fourth ability base on the first modification ability, the third overtakes the defensive character of the first ability and the fourth overtakes the offensive character of the second ability.

All abilities add an additional effect/ change the base ability i a particular way. The hero himself has always only one ability and the player can only choose between one character. Choosing one disables the other one.

I hope it is more clear now and you could help me, please.

Level 19
Basically, the base ability is the 'stun on the next attack' ( thank you for the suggestion).

If you take a look on the object editor I would say I need 4 additional abilities.

One ability based on the base ability has a defensive character, the second one has an offensive character. They improve/change the base ability based on their character.

The third and fourth ability base on the first modification ability, the third overtakes the defensive character of the first ability and the fourth overtakes the offensive character of the second ability.

All abilities add an additional effect/ change the base ability i a particular way. The hero himself has always only one ability and the player can only choose between one character. Choosing one disables the other one.

I wish these people could say all this stuff in their actual request and not add extra text and posts...
BTW DJ, I am back in my college stuff, so don't expect much help...

Level 19

Thanks for the clarification. Here it is:

Paladin - STR
Abilities:

icons_11594_btn.jpg

Hand of Justice - No Target
The next attack of the Paladin stuns the attacked enemy unit for a second and deals a portion of his Strength stat as bonus damage.
Range: 0
Cooldown: Short-Medium
Notes: First offensive spell. Added a bonus damage in order to influence the increase of the STR stat.

icons_11594_btn.jpg

Golden Shield - Point Target
Summons a shield which falls from the sky and deals minimal damage based on the Intelligence stat and soaks a portion of all nearby damage for a short duration based on the Intelligence stat. Strength duration is based on the Strength stat.
Range: 600
Cooldown: Medium
Notes: First defensive spell. Percent is based on a formula which you decide based on the INT stat.

icons_11594_btn.jpg

Lightspeed - No Target
The next attack of the Paladin deals multiple attacks of the Paladin plus a portion of his Strength stat and stuns the enemy for 1.5 seconds.
Range: 0
Cooldown: Medium
Notes: Second offensive spell which is an upgrade for Hand of Justice. The number of attacks is based on the AGI stat.

icons_11594_btn.jpg

Reflective Shield - Point Target
Summons a larger shield from the sky which deflects a portion of the attack damage dealt to nearby allied units back to the attacker. Knocks back and deals minor damage upon summoning the shield. Shield duration is based on the Strength stat.
Range: 600
Cooldown: Medium-Long
Notes: Damage returned is based on the INT stat.

When I think Paladin, I think of a tanky-support character and this is what I made.

Major stat is STR but he is also reliant on both the AGI and INT stats to support his spells. The only strategy here is to call a shield first and use the offensive spells on high priority targets which deal a lot of damage.

Will add icons later.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Thank you very much! Great ideas!

You don't necessarily have to add icons, it was more important to me to receive ideas for the techs.

Level 10
Number of Heroes: 3
Number of Heroes with Intelligence Primary Attribute
: 1
Number of Heroes with Strength Primary Attribute
Number of Heroes with Agility Primary Attribute: 1
Map Theme
: Warcraft
Map Kind
: RPG,AoS
Number of Spells Per Hero: 5
Number of Normal Spells Per Hero 4
Number of Ultimates Per Hero: 1

thank you!

Level 19
Number of Heroes with Intelligence Primary Attribute
Number of Heroes with Strength Primary Attribute
Map Theme
: Warcraft
Map Kind
: RPG,AoS
Number of Spells Per Hero: 5
Number of Normal Spells Per Hero 4

thank you!

Can you give me a background of your map? Like some basic mechanics/lore and stuff.

Level 19
i mean they based from melee map, and they uses custom spell

Do you want them to be based on Warcraft 3 spells, or do you want the marksman characters to melee ranged? Please do clarify.

However, if you do want them to be based on Warcraft 3 spells ONLY, then get a coder or learn to code and request again. Having only Warcraft 3 spells for your map is boring as fuck and shows a lack of originality.

Also, use the restrictions field to its full effect.

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

so, i need a random heroes ideas for my AoS map.
+1 rep and credits will be given.

here we go :

Number of Heroes with Intelligence Primary Attribute: 1
Number of Heroes with Strength Primary Attribute: 1
Map Kind: Value : AoS
Number of Spells Per Hero: 4
Number of Normal Spells Per Hero Value 3
Restrictions: i don't know what to put in this.

Level 19
so, i need a random heroes ideas for my AoS map.
+1 rep and credits will be given.

here we go :

Number of Heroes with Intelligence Primary Attribute: 1
Number of Heroes with Strength Primary Attribute: 1
Map Kind: Value : AoS
Number of Spells Per Hero: 4
Number of Normal Spells Per Hero Value 3
Restrictions: i don't know what to put in this.

People need to start learning to use the restrictions...
What are the heros supposed to be able to do?

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

here it is :

for the int, it supposed to be nuker caster with elementall abillity for it.
for the str, it supposed to be pure tanker hero.
for the agi, it supposed to be cunning and tricky hero.

Level 19
Hey guys, I just wanted to announce that I am retiring from this factory. I've been extremely busy for the past months and will be busier and barely have anytime to do this. I might be dropping by to get a request or two but that would be in extremely rare occasions. It's been a great time supplying you guys with ideas and stuff. If any member wants to take over, just get the BB Code for the main post and start your own thread so you can easily monitor it (if so ask mods to lock this thread) or just use this thread. Anyways, thanks again guys and hope I've had a good time here.

Level 19
vader.jpg

Good night, sweet prince, and may a herd of kuribos sing to your sleep.

It has been an Honor, Jarl Jackal

We will met again in Savengard, brother.

When I first joined this, I was a complete noob, had red reputation, and was kind of a douche, also a very unmature kid, but you guys, and here I specially thank Kanadaj, who sadly isn't here either, gave me a chance to correct myself and do something where I found myself confortable.
It has been a long road, a ton of requests, a ton of ideas, a ton of hours spend, it has been fun and sad sometimes, there has been huge and almost non activity times, but the factory survived.
All good things must come to and end though. To be honest with you guys, I am pretty busy myself with a lot of stuff, that's why I rarely ever answer request anymore. I wish to change this though, I will now be more active than before, but never as active as I was.
The boat is getting empty and silent. Another member has left it to enter other realms.
As the only active member left, (kinda) I feel it's my duty to take care of the role Jackal had the spirit to take care of all this years. I shall continue this duty, until the time has come for me to say goodbye to.
For now, I will be looking for some fresh recruits that could help me in the continuation of this factory, so for now, I will be ending the all the pending requests, and after that, I will be CLOSING this thread to open the new one. Legacy thread should be still around here though. Therefore, I ask all you guys kindly, that you don't request for a while, in order to get things set.
I wish you the best on all things you plan Jackal, and you guys too if you read this, our roads are now different, but we might encounter again.
Peace to all of you, Paillan.
By the way, I will make a double post containing all requests.

Level 19

Lana, the elemental witch - INT
Abilities:

Wheel of fate - Unit/Hero Target
Creates a wheel of elements that rotates around target. While wheel is rotating, if hero casts another spell over target, that enemy will receive extra damage and wheel will dissapear. If she does not, after X seconds, the wheel explodes or implodes, dealing X damage on area in explotion and Y in implotion. Can be casted upon yourself or allies (they don't take damage).
Range: 900
Cooldown: 55 seconds
Notes: the difference between explotion and implotion is the area effect. Explotion is towards the outside, meaning the original target won't get any damage, but enemies around will, implotion is the opposite. Scales damage in implotion and spin time.

Elemental blow - Point Target
Blows target point with a small elemental blow, dealing X damage. If there's a unit under the effect of wheel of fate in an Y range, it creates a huge blow that deals Y damage instead.
Range: 1000
Cooldown: 30 seconds
Notes: Scales range of wheel of fate effect and both damages.

Inner fury - Self/Ally Target
Imbues target, making it take X% less physical damage for Y seconds. If target had a wheel of fate around itself, the wheel will explode.
Cooldown: 50 seconds
Notes: Scales duration and reduction.

Ultimate:
Rage of the elements - Area Target
Upon casting, hero has X seconds to cast any spell without cooldown. After that, a huge meteor of elements falls over target area, dealing Y damage and activating wheel of fate effect, but Z% stronger.
Cooldown: 300 seconds
Notes: Scales main damage

Menas, The Defender - STR
Abilities:

Spear attack - No Target
Hero extends his spear towards his facing. Any enemy hit takes X damage and gets slowed by Y% which lasts Z seconds.
Range: 250
Notes: Scales damage and slow duration.

Shield bash - No Target
Hero moves forward a small distant, and bashes the first enemy in his way, dealing X damage and stunning for Y seconds. If there was no enemy, he gains Z% movement speed boost which he looses over X seconds.
Range: 200
Notes: Scales range, stun duration and speed boost.

Seasoned warrior - No Target
Passive. Gains 1 extra health for each 2 lost health, which he looses Z seconds after gaining full health. Gains 0.25 permanent extra armor each time he does this.
Cooldown: - seconds
Notes: The extra armor isn't gained if hero is attacked in full health but still has the passive active. Z is a big number. Scales gained armor or health.

Ultimate:
Defender's rage - No Target
Hero enters rage, regaining X% of his max health, and he gets Y% any damage reduction for Z seconds.
Cooldown: 220 seconds
Notes: Scales regained health.

Slav, the Agent - INT
Abilities:

Secret message - Unit/Hero Target
Gives a letter with some secret instructions to the target. If target doesn't follow instruction after X seconds, 3 assasins will apear and deal X damage to target. If target completes instructions, it gives to it Z gold.
Range: 100
Notes: Very difficult spell, instructions are just 1 order, which can be: cast any spell, move towards a point, attack, don't attack, and so on. Reduces time to do instructions and scales assasin's damage.

Backstab - Unit/Hero Target
Can only be casted to units not facing Hero. Deals X damage and slows movements speed by Z% for Y seconds.
Range: 100
Notes: Deals a lot of damage. Scales damage and slow.

Poison spear - Unit/Hero Target
Throws a poison spear towards target. Deals X damage, and disables spells and attacks for Z seconds.
Notes: Scales disabled status duration.

Ultimate:
Blind attack - No Target
Blinds enemy units around caster in Y range, this units won't take any orders for Z seconds. Deals Z damage divided equaly by the amount of units in the area.
Cooldown: 330 seconds
Notes: The no orders effect is small. Scales damage.

Now, for the guide:
First hero can blow anything up, just gotta use wheel of fate and any other spell. You should probably remember the support spells, as they can make up for a nice last resource.
Second hero just focuses on taking damage, not taking damage, building up armor, and slow down escaping enemies. He can make a nice warrior if built with enought damage, although he only has one spell that scales.
Third hero is VERY difficuly to use. The fact that you can give gold to enemies makes it quite troll, use with caution, you might remove that. You still can disable him good to avoid him doing anything though. Just spam spells like crazy.

Level 19
vader.jpg

Good night, sweet prince, and may a herd of kuribos sing to your sleep.

It has been an Honor, Jarl Jackal

We will met again in Savengard, brother.

When I first joined this, I was a complete noob, had red reputation, and was kind of a douche, also a very unmature kid, but you guys, and here I specially thank Kanadaj, who sadly isn't here either, gave me a chance to correct myself and do something where I found myself confortable.
It has been a long road, a ton of requests, a ton of ideas, a ton of hours spend, it has been fun and sad sometimes, there has been huge and almost non activity times, but the factory survived.
All good things must come to and end though. To be honest with you guys, I am pretty busy myself with a lot of stuff, that's why I rarely ever answer request anymore. I wish to change this though, I will now be more active than before, but never as active as I was.
The boat is getting empty and silent. Another member has left it to enter other realms.
As the only active member left, (kinda) I feel it's my duty to take care of the role Jackal had the spirit to take care of all this years. I shall continue this duty, until the time has come for me to say goodbye to.
For now, I will be looking for some fresh recruits that could help me in the continuation of this factory, so for now, I will be ending the all the pending requests, and after that, I will be CLOSING this thread to open the new one. Legacy thread should be still around here though. Therefore, I ask all you guys kindly, that you don't request for a while, in order to get things set.
I wish you the best on all things you plan Jackal, and you guys too if you read this, our roads are now different, but we might encounter again.
Peace to all of you, Paillan.
By the way, I will make a double post containing all requests.

Damn Paillan you making me teary-eyed and shit. Had a great time taking requests with you and I wish you the best in your pursuits in life. Glad to have to take up the factory after me. I really want to answer more requests but school's a bitch.

Also, MODS PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD.

And Paillan, get the BB Code by clicking the quote button for the first three posts. If you're having trouble I can give it to you via the pastebin.

Status
Not open for further replies.