1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The SharpCraft World Editor Extended (WEX) has been updated for the latest Warcraft 3 version: Download.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Join Music Contest #7 - Location! Craft a song that depicts any place.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Paired Modeling/Texturing Contest #3 - Leaders has begun! Artists group up and struggle! May the best team lead the run.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. 'The Icon Contest #15 has started and Melee units await for their new abilities!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Advanced Tech-tree contest #1 poll! Cast your vote now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. 'The gothic theme has yielded great textures! Come and check out the results for the 26th texturing contest.
    Dismiss Notice

Jungle Trolls Reborn 5.8.1

Submitted by gadina_prokleta
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Host map Arrange game
Gadina Prokleta Presents

JUNGLE TROLLS REBORN
by A.Dominion and Gadina Prokleta
Version 5.8.1

► Both major bugs of the game should be finally FIXED:​
• The game desynchronization at game start should not happen anymore!
• The bug with items lost upon death is now fixed!
• In order to reduce overpopulation, initial beast spawn is randomly decreased by app. 10%.​
► There is a dedicated network for Jungle Trolls Reborn in Tunngle (see here for details).​

Map Info:

You must survive,
gather resources,
build your village and
protect your Totem from the other evil troll tribes in the Jungle.

Loading Screen picture by Cindy Nyan

[​IMG]

Playable Classes:

You can choose among four troll heroes, each having different skills and item recipes:
The fierce and mighty WARRIOR,
The silent and insidious HUNTER,
The wise and creepy SHAMAN,
The ingenious and crafty INVENTOR.

The Troll classes

[​IMG]

Gameplay Variety:

You can craft various weapons, items and buildings and combine them
dependent on the class of the chosen troll and the necessities of the tribe.
The world is changing and going its own course through the game.
The game is rich of possibilities. There can't be two JTR games exactly the same.

A well armed Warrior in action

[​IMG]

Features:

- rich game world, full of hidden dangers and secrets;
- breeding animals, which can be hunted, tamed or even zombified;
- cute little cubs and mighty boss beasts, cunning enemies and evil allies;
- changing weather affecting the gameplay in many aspects;
- complete freedom of movement and choice of tactics.

A Hunter with his pet

[​IMG]

Creators:

The game is based on A.Dominion's Jungle Troll Tribes (5.5).
In the middle of year 2006 with the written permission of the author
the map was reworked and improved by gadina_prokleta.

Subsequently A.Dominion joined the development team
and did a great work to further improve and extend the game.

The game was developed with the help of many
contributors from all around the world:
Dark Angel (beta testing, tooltips),
ElloElloEllo (modelling),
GothicMage and Jimmehdean (hosting, beta testing),
BIOEngineer (Russian game community, beta testing)
and many others.

Official Site
Website

More Info
Wiki

For updates and contact:
Facebook page

Keywords:
troll, trolls, jungle trolls, jungle troll tribes, reborn, gadina, prokleta, survival
Contents

Jungle Trolls Reborn 5.8 (Map)

Reviews
15:59, 4th Dec 2008 Rui: The map is known to me. The previous version was approved, so I guess this one will pass too. Note, please use the Update button to submit a new version.
  1. Shadow_cake

Shadow_cake

Suggestions;
    -Look over the old Tooltips you may have rushed or maybe outdated.
    -More Events throughout the game to reduce the boredom through long games.
    -The Cure ability for the Shaman heals 30 HP and I've noticed can be used on planted Herbs. Maybe this spell should also heal slight mana?
    -Maybe bring back Dire Troll as a secret hero. Such as eat the Grizzly Bear's Heart and your hero is replaced with a remastered Dire Troll.

Really that's all that needs to be done. JTR is, in my opinion, complete besides the little the things, great game.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
  2. ChaosCloud

ChaosCloud

-quest ?
    what quest we can do?

3. mnib

mnib

this map is little hard but when u play it some time u get the idea. i played it a lot of times and i think its cool i know whats everywhere etc :D btw u should make some secret items etc ;d

4. co_oki

co_oki

ideas give your opinions
    some things first make the tent back to the old fashion (doesn't make sense having 1 tent made of 1 hide with 4 people sleeping on it.) you could leave the out door sleep option the same. and when you enter tent your heat reduction should slow down. and cant you make something to cover fire in the rain..

give the option by % after you kill berry for tinder, it has a % to grow back,
    make gathering items usable by all like stone axe and pick.

hunter stable should give option to upgrade things like wolf to dog (domesticate) and ability to bread animals not make em., reduce control of animals, hunter speed while stealth should be -80 at least. and invisibility spell should last 15 sec (people can steal items when stealth)

make things like catapult usable when some one is inside same as boat.
    fence or wall build.

some sub class idea

shaman- with doctor-spirit man- more mage or magic oriented class,can make better spells etc. magic items like summon skel warrior from bones and m stone..and can use totem better.
    - healer or priest or chemist - can make better potions and damaging potions like disease cloud, bandages etc. can plant and grow herbs faster. long lasting potion buffs..

hunter- beast master- can domesticate-bread animals for food and etc
    head hunter - better traps, can track (find animals or people) and kill animals faster. better stealth

inventor - engineer - better production building (like building that can mine etc) and items like siege tower, cart....better gathering items
    - chemist - better bombs..and acids etc siege engine that fires flame

warrior- fighter - good at hand to hand combat (killing other trolls and fighting other trolls)
    - defender- good at tanking

will come up with more later
    :cute::mwahaha::mwahaha::mwahaha::mwahaha:

5. co_oki

co_oki

you can place mini(small tent) you can place tents from old sleep system near cave or hot spring so when some 1 sleeps there they get the effect.

new hunter item ; grass coat lets you hide near trees.
    make hunter stealth speed reduction -80 but extra damage on hit (% to auto kill weak animals).

hatchery that lets you hatch eggs

and all level 1 or baby's speed should increase and make them unable to attack. so hunter has a challenging way to capture em. pigs should have an increase speed or charge ability.

inventor also needs to be improved, he is useless without materials, because all he does is build.

i meant berry bush

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  6. Mr.Death

Mr.Death

Hi, what is "Tinder bush"? I play jungle trolls a long time but i didnt hear anything about it. Can you tell me what is it and where can i find it? thx.

7. LordForcystus

LordForcystus

Okay Gadina, I commented on this map several versions ago and I must say I'm impressed for two big reasons.

The first: after many versions you continue to add more content and rebalance things.

The second (and biggest): After creating this map a long time ago, you are not only still working on the map, you're also listening to fans of the map (within reason). rep

I'll continue to look forward to the next versions (unless this is the last).

8. Doomsday347

Doomsday347

Can't play this map anymore after the latest patch. It doesn't even show the player join boxes or whatever. Seems any map that has custom/colored names above teams and such don't work. Anyone else getting this problem?

9. LordForcystus

LordForcystus

Ugh, don't tell me 1.24 killed this map too!

10. gadina_prokleta

gadina_prokleta

I'm gonna fix it one day, when I find a whole day free for that. Just hate normal WE bugs and having to fix made by Blizzard official ones really pisses me off :[

As for the updates, I have already done some work on version 3.0, but there is much more to be desired. In addition, still looking for someone to draw a good picture for the loading screen - the four trolls gathered around a firecamp... Or something like that.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2009
  11. Lord_Kenneth

Lord_Kenneth

I think this would be cool, like in wolf pack. When a troll dies, make it an option to take control of one of the troll kids, but still have the option of making pacts, etc.

12. Lord Alpos Brontes

Lord Alpos Brontes

I tried somethings ^^
    (I spend a lot of time but i think It was very nice...)

[​IMG]

13. gadina_prokleta

gadina_prokleta

I... I am fascinated. It is wonderful! Thank you a lot - the trolls really did need that!
    Desktop background - set!
    I will use it gladly - if you allow me, with one plea - you must sign it in the corner!
    As for the text field, it should be empty, for I would need to edit it a bit. But I will keep your name there, of course.
    Thank you again!
    This Sunday I should have the time to resume the work on version 3.0 - and to fix by the way the problem with WC3 1.24.

14. Zartyzzo

Zartyzzo

But could i have an unprotected version then pretty pwease? :cute: I won't upload it if you don't want me to i swear.

15. dogbog

dogbog

When is it coming??

This Sunday I should have the time to resume the work on version 3.0 - and to fix by the way the problem with WC3 1.24.[/QUOTE]

16. co_oki

co_oki

so did any one like my idea at all in page 7:hohum:
    more idea's your way
    Ideas::::::::don't make changes if it will add more lag. want your opinions
    items like tower and boat and seige should be only usable if some one is inside like orc borrow.
    you can make traps to protect home, fire and forge should be able to detect invincible things and increase sight range. baby animals should not be able to attack and have better speed.

and was wondering if wepons like gun and bow could have a casting time rather than cool down, since takes time to load a gun and bow.(or when you equip a weapon it becomes your attack option...

make boar the most common animal, and give him an ability to increase his speed or (charge, gore)

a trading boat that moves around and stops at specific posts (instead of tauren place) increase price of hides.

Noob mode since people die a lot and GIVE UP playing forever (mostly why game is not popular), basic stuff just easy mode but u start with fire and tent and food and coat. or just make heat and food less of a necessity.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
  17. ChaosCloud

ChaosCloud

gadina, when will 3.0 release?
    want to play JTR but cannot in 1.24.

18. Zartyzzo

Zartyzzo

I can't start a new game in singleplayer or multiplayer! Halp!

19. Zartyzzo

Zartyzzo

Yeah me too. I hope there will be an update or fix or something for the map soon. It's my favorite! :<

20. gadina_prokleta

gadina_prokleta

Yes, there will be an update thanks to Meur who fixed the game code for me, so I can deal with the damned 1.24 patch and continue working on JTR 3.0.

co_oki, some of the things you require are actually done - bows and guns do have a small casting time, Boar is already the most common animal (more than 30 initially on the map, as I remember).
    Don't worry. I collect every idea I like and am able to fulfil and write it down in a txt file - and while editing, I make things accordingly how urgent they are.