• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Jungle Trolls Reborn

JUNGLE TROLLS REBORN
by A.Dominion and Gadina Prokleta

Latest Version

You must survive,
gather resources,
build your village and
protect your Totem from the other evil troll tribes in the Jungle.

Gameplay

Jungle Trolls Reborn is a survival / base building game in which you control
a fierce and crafty Jungle Troll in a tribe of up to four trolls.

You will explore the Jungle, build & craft, compete against the other tribes
and try to destroy their Totem.

Every single playthrough is unique thanks to randomly generated resources,
procedurally breeding animals and highly varied game features.

Contacts & Info

Website
Discord server

Contents

Jungle Trolls 6.6.0 (Map)

Reviews
15:59, 4th Dec 2008 Rui: The map is known to me. The previous version was approved, so I guess this one will pass too. Note, please use the Update button to submit a new version.
Level 4
I think you leaving the authenticity of the "troll world" why would a troll have engine or
chainsaw or etc, why not not make em make nuclear weapons too,
why not a space ship.

and classes needs spells make spell book and give some skills....
like for example a track skill for hunter that lets it track(deer) "since
they randomly pop up on map".
a taming skill for wolf (tame wolf) req. bone 90% of failure

and warrior disable weapon (% to drop enemy wepon)

and why NO troll game have troll skills like Hex, berserk, voodoo etc.

these could gain through lvl

and fishing pole (lets you fish in non shallow water). and why boat
cant be made with just wood and hide....why need turtle shell.

and trees should have higher hp and each time you attack %
to drop wood and when dies drops LOG(big wood)

add clay....it can be use for a lot

AND plant drop annoying you grow em have to pick the 3 up and replant and etc annoying.
can't you just make herb patch and they drop like berry.
and blow stick weapon...

rain killing fire.... can't you cover it..

and shaman should be remade
medicine man
herbal lore spell book,
spell: healing herb. create a healing herb from 2 herbs lets u make healing potion I,
and as lvl goes maby potion III
spell: cure . create cure herb from 2 herbs.

herbs should be like berry patch instead of random drop.

Level 2
rain killing fire.... can't you cover it..
What is wrong with it? try to cover a fire during the rain it wont work if u just hold some hides over it... there are ways to light a fire while it is raining (fuel) and if u need warmth well later on ull need a forge anyway wich is on all the time and provides heat while u should get a cauldron to cook (i think those 2 represent covered fireplaces anyway but they need more materials^^^)

remember the game is also about survival

Level 4
I found way to solve animal unlimited spawns late game

First remove all animals from starting spots. then let them spawn in an area around (Large area) the original spot (doesn't make sense for animal to be in same spot whole game). and increase their wandering distance.

example::remove alligator from spot its in and around that spot let an alligator have a % to spawn (make it spawn in deep water too) same for baby's let them have a % to spawn (instead of coming from mom). and if 1 is killed another comes to replace them. make all babies unable to attack. and only if alligator is killed should another re-spawn (in a random place around area) to take its place. and only hunter tamed pets can have ability to have babies.

and give hunter ability to "track" and find animals.

same for fish
remove all fish then make a running river in middle of map or where ever where fish flow down. and remove fish bone and just make fish fish.
to get other fishes you can make fish pole. and fish

remove ability for hunter to control pets full or mine with em . and set a cap of 1 to 3

talent
"experience is what we call our mistakes"
make a talent like werewolf where when you do certain amount of things you gain ability.
troll quest giver make rewards something really useful not food recipe,give
rare items and unique once. set cap for quest 2 like 4. or give every 2 days.
Hawk
can have ability to grab fish for xp..

and herbs are annoying to grow (you could make em spawn in certain area like animals) and make herb patch that has % to drop herb around it instead of making plants...then harvesting and regrowing...

give net a certain number of uses or %
and spears and throwing axe % to get destroyed. like 10%

give all trolls ability to use stone axe...to cut wood.

these usually ideas i get after game....:C

Level 4
I found way to solve animal unlimited spawns late game

First remove all animals from starting spots. then let them spawn in an area around (Large area) the original spot (doesn't make sense for animal to be in same spot whole game). and increase their wandering distance.

example::remove alligator from spot its in and around that spot let an alligator have a % to spawn (make it spawn in deep water too) same for baby's let them have a % to spawn (instead of coming from mom). and if 1 is killed another comes to replace them. make all babies unable to attack. and only if a certain amount (2-3)alligator is killed should another re-spawn (in a random place around area) to take its place. and only hunter tamed pets can have ability to have babies. you could set a cap on amount to spawn. like mosquito or fish...how they re spawn.

and give hunter ability to "track" and find animals. you could make bait that attracts near by animals...

new animal (deer) randomly spawns around map (sprint ability)(like alligator slow) (increase deer speed by 300%)(none passive) dodge 40 % to dodge attacks last 30 sec) to kill one you have to trap it.(agrro ability if its no bother, so when some 1 gets close auto runs)
same for fish
remove all fish then make a running river in middle of map or where ever where fish flow down. and remove fish bone and just make fish fish.
to get other fishes you can make fish pole. and fish

remove ability for hunter to control pets full or mine with em . and set a cap of 1 to 3

talent
"experience is what we call our mistakes"
make a talent like werewolf where when you do certain amount of things you gain ability.
troll quest giver make rewards something really useful not food recipe,give
rare items and unique once. set cap for quest 2 like 4. or give every 2 days.
Hawk
can have ability to grab fish for xp..

and herbs are annoying to grow (you could make em spawn in certain area like animals) and make herb patch that has % to drop herb around it instead of making plants...then harvesting and regrowing...

give net a certain number of uses or %
and spears and throwing axe % to get destroyed. like 10%
and stronger spears like iron less % to break.

give all trolls ability to use stone axe...to cut wood.

these usually ideas i get after game....

Just idea

Level 11
You know Jungle Trolls is not World of Warcraft, do you?

And I think you should know that I have no team of programmers under my command who are waiting to make whatever triggers I like. And that I am a normal working guy who happens to work some more at home, free of charge, so everyone could play a different game.

Last edited:
Level 4
its cool, you can ignore comment then. but i think herb patch should be made instead of planting

Level 2
Gadina thank you i luve the map but since last update its unable to host the old version 2.4 i had so thank you for making a new one i love the game much

Level 3
I ask to strengthen animals
If the animal comes back in an initial point that it will not attack an aggressor while the animal will not return into place
Thus with the help network it is possible to kill easily any animals

Level 3
i ask to strengthen animals
If the animal comes back in an initial point that it will not attack an aggressor while the animal will not return into place
Thus with the help network it is possible to kill easily any animals
Agree

Level 11
Tannas, my pleasure :) The fans inspire me to do it.

BIOEngineer, it is the Warcraft III AI that makes them to act this way - at least for the animals with ability "wander", that makes them go around and sometimes attack. Even animals without this ability tend to go back to their place, allowing you to attack them in the back.
I could:
- make a trigger, that cause them in every case to counterattack;
- remove "wander"and replace it with some random trigger for patrolling;
- only increase aggro range, allowing them to chase farther;
- simply increase all animal stats.
Ideas?
I will think. For now I have tasks, more interesting for you ;)

P.S.
Besides, I would like to remind you, that I'm collecting Jungle Trolls screenshots for the site. As long you send me screenshots, I will write the topics at the site and you will have more information for the game features.

Level 4
BTW this is your call, but if you need help you could post for help in hive or this forum, in making those codes or adding more stuff.

btw could you change terrain tiles kinda look the same....and some models would be nice.

Level 11
can we get info on what ur trying to add or improve to JTT

Okay, soon I will begin to update the List of changes also with things planned, although I do not know why could it be helpful. Still I would not mention what bugs and exploits were already fixed (for reasons you could understand).
I'm not planning to improve models, tiles and other vision of the game. It is a good game not because of its hopelessly antiquated graphics, but because of its gameplay possibilities and balance. Anyway, Dark_Angel wants to do some work for improving the map in that aspect - we'll see what can he do.
Plenty mode fixed for 3.3 (but still may cause lag on slower PCs - it creates much items on the whole map).

Last edited:
Level 3
Please Correct the error with a stone trap
If the trap is charged with a subsequent stones will forever be lost when charging the traps

Level 11
I am not sure if I understand you right, but Fireball and Lightning (and also Thunder weapons and Siege engine) are meant to make items drop. I mean there should be a chance they cause you to drop some item from your inventory.

If you are near the boat and there is no other troll around and you select the boat, it should become yours and you will be able to enter it. But if there are more trolls, it could have become property of the other troll.

Level 4
how about you need stones in inventory to fire siege weapon. and you can use engineer to make fire stones (oil + stone) and the siege weapon fires fire stones.

Level 3
Stone trap is too strong
If you put next to her stack of stones that can kill any creature
There is a proposal to make a new mod:-ffa =)

Level 3
Very nice map. An -ffa mode would be neat as BIOengineer said, with diplomacy to make your own tribe or a way to design teams ingame after choosing game mode.
I guess there are alot of things that could be improved, lag being one of them, but one from the top of my mind that wouldn't require any work would be to always let warriors start with an axe instead of randoming. It's much more useful and I'm not a fan of RNG luck that defines the start of a game so much.
Also, I couldn't pick up items I made in the tannery ~ if there is a level or class requirement it should say so in the item description.

Anyway, good to see that you're still updating. :)

Level 4
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/taiga-survival-146839/?prev=search=taiga&d=list&r=20

Taiga Survival, play this game and check out some of its "triggers" and abilities
its more realistic than this game without any special effect or triggers, everything it uses is warcraft 3 normal map. brilliance aura to regain "heat" mana

gold for skin, lumber for wood....takes wood to repair fire etc...

its nicely planed.

and animals attracted by food...etc

with little effects, takes like 1 sec to dl game too.

and has a nice model with nice weapon effects.

And its a free editors map...

Level 11
Svyatoslav, thank you for your suggestions. I will make the warrior start with an axe, you're completely right about randoming. Then what do you think about shield/armor random?
Although the Shaman should start with random book - they are so many :)

About the other thing - I also want to do them, but they require a bit more work and testing.

Level 11
Yes.
I hope the game will be ready for the middle of May.

The Bosses are now much stronger.

The WOLF boss
starting health 1000, +1 health per sec up to 3000, can devour trolls, can smell invisibles, damage=old wolf, critical strike 15% x2

The BEAR boss
starting health 3000, +1 health per sec up to 5000, damage=old bear, has a heavy bash (33% for +10 dmg and 3 sec stun)

The COMODO boss
starting health 2000, +1 health per sec up to 4000, damage=overgrown alligator with faster attack, lazy movement, critical strike 30% x2, infects with Malaria every 25 sec

The VULTURE boss
starting health 2000, +1 health per sec up to 4000, can see invisibles, dps=Comodo, critical strike 15% x2, can avoid spells, shots and thrown nets every 5 sec

Boss hearts can be eaten only once per heart per troll.
Wolf heart gives as an additional bonus the ability to eat raw food without the risk of choking, puking etc.

Level 1
Vupros

kude moga da namerq pulen spisuk na magiite , sgradi , eventi i t.n vuob6te vsi4ko tui kato ne mi se habi vreme da probvam vsi4ko v igrata

Level 1
Hey what are other means to win in this game other than killing the opposing tribes? I enjoy playing this map a lot, but gameplay doesn't last as much I would like it to be. What I'm trying to say is that I'd totally play this with friends just on the same tribe if there is a goal to work towards. When exactly does this game end? Is there a final boss?

Sorry if the question sounds weird. I really enjoy these kinds of map, but not fight against other factions aspect due to the trust in others commitment to stay in game longer. Is there a similar map out there that I can play personally just with one team? (scavenging, building, surviving, etc)

Level 11
New animal: Deer (fawn>deer>stag).
New items: Deer Leather, which will be required in armor recipes instead of linen cloth, and Stag Antlers, which replaces tauren horn in respective recipes and iron ore in the iron dagger (now horn dagger). So the basic recipes in the Tannery can be crafted without building Armory or Shaman Hut.
All animals will be able to feed by keyboard shortcut (F). This will be the only option of the so called "beasts of burden"- deers, tortoises, hawk (unit inventory).
Crafting of Forge and Cauldron now requires oil in addition to other resources.
New ability of Warrior - the stunning Combat Leap, will make him more mobile and improve his battle tactics.
New ability of Shaman - the Voodoo Revive, will allow him to revive dead animals, using their respective skin, bones and troll meat instead of animal meat. So he will be able to provide pets (for example deers for transport), but at the cost of the rare troll meat.

Last edited:
Level 11
drkfirwnds,
Your question has its point. But for now the survival aspect of the game offers no other goal than surviving.
I have in mind some improvements of the single player gameplay, but for now (upcoming version 3.3) my attention is focused on the multiplayer aspects.

Storm_Guard,
The site of the game (see below) will be further developed to include some how-to-play directions.

Level 3
I suggest you to make a game mode that will ban attaking other player after game start. To give the players time to develop.
And to the bosses (same type) do not spawned on two or more.

Level 1
ei shefe ima edin problem s questa za "voodoo monstera" pravq si questa
dava qiceto i si puskam gadinkata
no posle v miga deto zema meso s neq za da q nahranq w3 na si4ki v irgata krashna i tva se slu4va dva puti qvno e ot monstera ima nqkuv bug pls opravi go

Level 1
Please release a middle version between 3.2 and 3.3. My computer is way too slow to handle all the game's current weight and this change which is already completed "map improved by dynamically removing unneeded dummy units" will allow me and many others to play normally.

As at the moment with each following day the loss of FPS gets horrible. I have to play on 800x600x16bit, with all details on LOW, sound and effects DISABLED so that I can actually keep moving till day 6-7 or so.

I have recently been hosting the map on battle.net with a hostbot and making it popular by gathering players. Jungle Trolls Reborn 3.2 Times Hosted 182 (and it was 0 before I started). Please make this little effort so that you can improve people's game experience. Then I will start hosting again, this time with great pleasure.

Между другото вземи тури един форум на тоя сайт. Постоянно ти генерирам аудитория и хората се интересуват от играта, рецепти и прочее. Те повече сега играят Island Troll Tribes ама глупаците не са я ъпдейтвали вече 5 месеца и тя дотъпя. Сума ти работи им предложих да променят ама не щат и затова играта им ще си остане посредствена. Пробвах твойта наскоро и бива. Има какво да се желае и мога да ти предложа някои промени, най-вече откъм баланс, но това навярно за по нататък.

Level 11
DreamInvader, I would gladly release such a version... But most of the changes are bound together. Game balance is like laws - the change of a single tiny thing requires many other changes after it.
I hope the game will run a bit faster, but do not expect miracles. It is still a heavy map and cannot be else. I will try my best, still having some more ideas.
Thank you for hosting!
You are right, a forum will be helpful. I will make one in some time.

Страхотен си! Благодаря ти.
Трудничко намирам време за работа по играта, ала се старая.
Иначе отдавна планирам да напиша подробен тематичен гайд за нея и да го кача на сайта, но засега приемам, че е по-добре да хвърля всичкото си време, определено за троли, за правене на самата игра. Като завърша версия 3.3, ще трябва и сайтът да се оформи по-сериозно :)

Level 1
I will care to share some thoughts on possible improvements of the game.

First of all the net should be rebalanced to last less on trolls as it has enormous range and it is easy to just gangbang someone by ensnaring him. With which you can either shoot him down from a distance while the net lasts or if you are melee built - all you need to get him is a snare and you get all the time in the world to mutilate him. Or make it possible for trolls to cut their way out of the nets.

Another issue are axes/javelins. They can be used independently with other weapons so a warrior can have 3 weapons (2 melee + axe/javelin) as well as a hunter (bow + melee + axe/javelin). And because they are level 3 - they can only be carried by hunters and warriors so a shaman/inventor who suffers a hit cannot throw them back or even pick them up (so that the enemy cannot use them again) which is definitely not right. And they even have so small cooldown that a hunter with a bow can inflict enormous ranged damage in no time as the reflex bow has a CD of 2sec and axes/javelins have a similar one, not counting a spear or axe he can also throw away. They also come in a quantity of 4 for the little resource they cost.
In my opinion either remove them, make them somehow not stack with other weapons or make them available for all but increase the cooldown. Also the quantity is too big for only wood+stone+rope, as even the best spear does less damage and can be thrown only once.

Another issue is the movement speed. In my opinion you should balance it out - improving the starting value and nerfing the sprint bonuses. +80% is way too much for a little cost (20 energy, 5 food) and it even gives 15 heat enough to keep you worm in cold nights. Furthermore this makes boots quite useless as a sprinting hunter is close enough to the maximum movement speed anyway. It would also be nice if there can be some MS scaling (but not only armor scaling) for the different kinds of boots - giving raw MS + % MS bonuses as lvl 1 will give less and lvl 4 the most. Shamans have an MS spell anyway and for the inventor there can be some special type of boots that only he can craft and wear (rocket boots for example). I can come up with more precise suggestions if you are interested but according to me the movement speed's disbalance is a serious issue right now.
Also it would be nice to add a command -ms like in dota or even ITT now which shows the current movement speed of the troll.

Blunt weapons now are almost useless as a stun doesn't matter that much since a troll cannot effectively be healed during battle (unless a shaman or with a lot of potions). They also cannot be envenomed. There is a special hammer by the inventor but this is also something that needs to be fixed because the Fire Axe and the Thunder Hammer (if I remember the names correctly) are impossible to be made without a shaman in the tribe who can pick up the required books.

That's all that comes to my mind at first thought.

And 2 more things: 1) the hound is too overpowered and 3) I am pretty sure that the gloves (or even enchanted to +30% AS gloves) are quite useless (unless for some bonus defense) since the shaman rarely uses melee attacks, the inventor and the hunter prefer their guns/bows + grenades/throwing axes and the warrior has his +40% AS skill anyway so the +15% from gloves won't make much difference.

Level 11
DreamInvader, I thank you for this post.
All of the issues you pointed really require some attention.

The net: by itself it does no damage... And doesn't hinder the Troll to fight back. It is very useful though, but its usefulness depends on team and character tactics. But generally you are right. Duration of 10 sec is too much. I thought I decreased it to 8 sec, but I wasn't. Now I'm doing it.

Thrown weapons (axes, javelins) are meant to be used by Warrior and Hunter, providing them with some more variety, more equipment options - inventor has guns and his explosives, shaman has sarbacane and his books, fighter classes should have an additional option for short ranged attack. Thrown weapons give no melee bonuses.
But you are right, they need some rebalance:
- damage decreased (from 35/45 to 30/40);
- cooldown increased (from 2.5 sec to 5 sec);
- crafted x10 pieces, but usable only once (as you throw them, they disappear and cannot be picked from the ground).

The movement speed should be okay. The maximum movement speed cap is increased to 2000 or so. You cannot reach it.
As for the speed of running... It is part of game action. The enemy is fast, you also are fast, sometimes you need to make rapid decisions and to choose between getting caught by the enemy or trying to run through piranhas lake.
At the night your energy shouldn't be enough by running to keep you from getting cold, even if there is no raining or snowing. I have died from it (along with other factors, of course).

Blunt weapons are great in the hands of a warrior having gloves. He could keep you stunned almost all the time. Blunts will be even more useful in version 3.3.

The hound is already rebalanced for version 3.3.

About the gloves: you are right. I have taken your point and I plan to make them give additional bonuses when actively using a weapon (damage bonus for throwing and the new blunt weapons power blow, crit bonus for shooting). It is a lot of work though and I wouldnt promise I can do it for version 3.3.

Last edited:
Level 1
Hey DreamInvader,
i dont think you are quite right . Every hero has its own abilities , playing style , posible strategies and e.t.c. so you shouldn't compare them all .. balance don't mean that every class is equal to the others . it all depends on the player and its way of playing. only because u can't kill a warior with throwing axes for example dont mean that the map is unbalanced . you just haven't found the way to do it yet