• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Defense / Survival] Forest Trolls . Coming soon . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forest Trolls.
From Jungle Trolls and Ice Trolls a big project was start to create ...
Progress

Terrain : 100 %
Triggers : 20 %
Units : 25 %
Items : 20 %
"Currently pause due to another project, Maybe I'll continue to finish this when someone help me on making crafting system like in jungle trolls"
Some Info : :
This game is inspired in other survival game like Ice troll, Jungle Troll . . . .
But the theme is about survival of the Forest Trolls in the forest . . . .
If you have any suggestion to my upcoming project , kindly leave a comment below . . . XD

This is some Terrain Screenshots :

226275-albums6728-picture73704.png

226275-albums6728-picture73703.png

Last edited:
What is the difference to Ice Troll and Jungle Troll besides the scenery/terrain is a forest here?

The game play mechanics is like my first survival map , like Clash in the Wild forest . But the difference from Ice Troll and Jungle Troll , There's no heat countdown , I used HQ models , different items, different winning condition, no revive, no more quest, different critters, and etc .

:ogre_haosis:

Oh no, sorry for the winning condition . . . I was wrong , the winning condition is simply, if you died, you lose . And if any one survive in the game, the survivor wins . . . . Sorry for my mistakes , there's no difference in winning condition . . . . I'm planning to add more features about the game, but i need some suggestion to make the game awesome . . . .

Level 26
My main issue with that type of map is that although it's a pvp map, you can get easily screwed by the pve. Since you say yourself there is no revival or it is hard to achieve and time-consuming (dead player gets frustrated and leaves meanwhile), it's very harsh, snowballing and kills the game flow. Unlike RTS games, you do not get to see your enemy until late game, therefore do not influence each other, only finally get confronted with accomplished results. On the other hand, if the teams face early on, it may very well end the game at this stage.

Furthermore, the setup of a base, collecting materials, creating tools, developing your character are often troublesome and quite random. The basic construction phase takes an eternity and when I played such maps, I did not get a clue what would be effective to do. Finally, the effort gets potentially destroyed in an instant. Winning is also quite unspectacular because you have no great objective to achieve, just be the last survivor however the game went.

State how you want to improve the experience and bridge pvp and pve.

Level 26
I do not know how I can possibly express it shortlier.

Those survival maps feature a bad combination of pve and pvp.

My main issue with that type of map is that although it's a pvp map, you can get easily screwed by the pve.

Like getting killed by wild animals luring behind corners you have no sight of or spawning close to your base and attacking it. You said there is no heat here but hunger is similar. It is not granted that the basic needs are fulfilled in an assessable way because the player has to search around for things. Pvping is not remotely fair because the players get faced with different trials and they lack information. Construction time may be long and vary and snowball down hard since it's a huge difference if you possess that item/building that you need or not.

On top of that, those maps have bad systems/controls and visualization. The player has to know all the recipes and the nature of things beforehand in order to act swiftly, otherwise gets thrown into a big disadvantage. In addition, you cannot play a map with your friends where single ones may prematurely die and then leave because they got nothing to do. That is already a problem in most tag maps, here it's ridiculous.

Yes , If you play this kind of game , You need to know all recipes . Because in reality , If you go to the wilderness , You dont know about those place , so you need to explore it and try to adapt , . And those kind of game has a thrill because , for example your teammates have no common sense , so you need to help each other to survive . . BTW this is your opinion and I accept that . . . And also your opinions really help me . :D

Status
Not open for further replies.