• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Altered Melee] The Trolls of Azeroth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Well, Let me start by saying...Hi...

I've recently started creating a range of Custom Melee maps, where you get to play as a custom race.. A few of these have already been attempted such as, the Scarlet Crusade, Forest Trolls and alot more.

I've made my own Altered Melee Map " http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/darkspear-isles-251226/?prev=status=p " which offers the Darkspear Tribe of Jungle Trolls as a playable custom race.
I'm not complete with the map as it needs some updates, but do try it out.

What I really wanted to say here is that I'm thinking of creating its sequel map, the Forest Trolls (Presumably a better one than the one that is released by Lordul Dracula).

So, honestly, I'd like some thoughts on that and I'll discuss some matters related to this if this thread actually gets some notice :vw_sad:

Level 10
Finally getting some notice :p but yeah, I'm planning tonnes of stuff, one of which is a pack of the World of Warcraft Dungeons/Instances which are remade in Warcraft3...My first project being Stormwind Stockades, but that story is for another day (or another thread)

If you guys mean by "my own race" a playable race not done before such as the Tauren,Goblin,Orcs,Forsaken,etc , yeah I'm already working on that, so don't fret..
If that's not what you mean, please do elaborate a bit..:grin:

Level 10
You should browse the map section to see which races have been done to death. It's going to be a big plus for you to make an additional race which hasn't done yet.

Yeah, I checked that, the races that have been as you've said "done to death" are (in order of repetition) :-
1) Blood Elves
2) High Elves
3) Fel Orc
4) Dalaran
5) Scarlet Crusade
6) Draenei
7) Lost Ones
8) Gnoll
9) Worgen
10) Dwarf

So my plan is to make something more worthwhile (as in new) for the community..
Such as maybe the Drakkari Frost Trolls or the Forsaken..
One thing that Altered Maps haven't had is Humanic Kingdoms..
Similar to the Dalaran map, and as we all know there are multiple Humanic Kingdoms in the Warcraft lore. So why not make one of those? Maybe a Stormwind team or a Stromgarde team?

Also, Ujimasa, I think you should make a new Drakkari set buildings which are just frost-troll-hut skinned Orc buildings...Could work..

Last edited:
Level 6
I approve this project mon. :D

For the architecture of the buildings I encourage taking a look at Zul'gurub for the Jungle Mons and Zul'aman for Forest Mons. The Mons were quite the builders in their hey day, you can mix the hut-like style with the stone buildings in the great cities.

I hope your project goes well.

Cheers mon. :D

Level 10
I approve this project mon. :D

For the architecture of the buildings I encourage taking a look at Zul'gurub for the Jungle Mons and Zul'aman for Forest Mons. The Mons were quite the builders in their hey day, you can mix the hut-like style with the stone buildings in the great cities.

I hope your project goes well.

Cheers mon. :D
That is what I'm actually looking for, but one thing is that I'm not doing Jungle Trolls. This is due to a major project of a Custom Race- Jungle Troll map is already in work by a certain afluent member of THW community and we had a rough discussion as to the fact that we wouldn't make maps similar to each others. But yeah, I'm working on the Amani Trolls/Forest Trolls

If ur gonna make a forsaken race check out Tomoraider's forsaken race it's really good
If you mean the "Curse of the Forsaken" Map then I must say I will be using some elements from that map, such as the Val'Kyr maidens, and maybe some other things. Thing is that I'm working on so many projects at the same time, I can't keep track of them.. But it'll probably go good..That's what I'm hoping, that is..

Level 10
Well, I've decided to complete my Frostwolf Orc Team map first and release it as soon as possible for everyone to enjoy, so let's see what happens :ogre_haosis:
I'm going to replace the Orc Race (Obviously) with it, and let's hope it goes good :3

Last edited:
One thing that Altered Maps haven't had is Humanic Kingdoms..
Similar to the Dalaran map, and as we all know there are multiple Humanic Kingdoms in the Warcraft lore. So why not make one of those? Maybe a Stormwind team or a Stromgarde team?

Funny you mention that.

Level 10
Well, since I'm now back, In possibly the next few days I'll be releasing "Hour of The Forsaken" a.k.a my Altered Melee which features the Forsaken as a playable race.
Also a 2.0 to the Darkspear map is on the way

Here's some sneak-peeks of Forsaken for everyone..

Attachments

• darknights.PNG
    darknights.PNG
    973.7 KB · Views: 263
  • RoyalApoth.PNG
    RoyalApoth.PNG
    801.3 KB · Views: 245
  • ambush.PNG
    ambush.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 273
Level 10
Well, I've aborted the Forsaken map for now. I'll remaster it and release it later on.

For now, I'm working on a map featuring one of the prominent antagonist groups of Warcraft. The Twilight's Hammer Clan.

Screenshots coming soon..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.