• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] The campfire system !!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
  • Unit- Replace CampFire with PigCampFire with new units max life and mana
There is some action comparable to what I just put...Have it happen when your unit uses a cook spell or something? I have no idea what Jungle Trolls is, so if you need more you'll need to be more specific.

Level 7
I want to help too, but first I need to know how exactly it works. So you have a "pig" item, using it on your campfire (campfire is an unit), and when the cooking is done, what effect will happen? The pig on campfire disappear and "cooked pig" item spawms on the ground?

Level 7
Okay I'll test an appropriate system for this. I'll reply after minutes...
One last question: There are only 1 campfire, right?

[edit] Okay Ive done a testing version of the effect you mentioned in attached file (did not clean leaks). Please tell me if this is the effect you wanted.

Attachments

• Cook.w3x
    17.6 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Level 7
oh sorry dude I forgot to explain... I've already added all abilities and wrote all triggers needed in that map. The pigs on the ground are actually the "raw meat" items. You use the hero to pick them up and use them with the campfire. After a few seconds, the raw meat will turn into cooked meat and the "cooked meat" item will spawn next to the campfire. I've also added the "meat roasting"effect to the campfire.

oh sorry dude I forgot to explain... I've already added all abilities and wrote all triggers needed in that map. The pigs on the ground are actually the "raw meat" items. You use the hero to pick them up and use them with the campfire. After a few seconds, the raw meat will turn into cooked meat and the "cooked meat" item will spawn next to the campfire. I've also added the "meat roasting"effect to the campfire.

It works . But I saw , The roast ability target is a building . So If I cast it on any building , I think it also creates a cooked meat .

Level 13
You just need to add a condition
  • Use on fire
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Roast
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Target unit of ability being cast)) Equal to Fire Pit
        • Then - Actions
          • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
          • Unit - Create 1 pig on the roast for (Triggering player) at TempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
        • Else - Actions
  • Ends
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to pig on the roast
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game
      • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Item - Create Cooked Meat at TempPoint
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)

Yes , I already fix that . I added condition . But the firepit with pig makes not good . Because If the terrain is not flat, the last created unit (firepit with pig) looks not good . Because the disposition of a unit . Try to look on the Jungle trolls and look the campfire system and If you now how to do make those script, Tell me . Thank you .

Yes , I already fix that . I added condition . But the firepit with pig makes not good . Because If the terrain is not flat, the last created unit (firepit with pig) looks not good . Because the disposition of a unit . Try to look on the Jungle trolls and look the campfire system and If you now how to do make those script, Tell me . Thank you .
The fire pit with pig makes not good? What?

@Falzelo use Triggering Player, not Casting Unit. And why is there a pig global when you don't use it?
You also leak a location, but since it's a testmap I think it would be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.