• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Jungle Trolls Reborn

JUNGLE TROLLS REBORN
by A.Dominion and Gadina Prokleta

Latest Version

You must survive,
gather resources,
build your village and
protect your Totem from the other evil troll tribes in the Jungle.

Gameplay

Jungle Trolls Reborn is a survival / base building game in which you control
a fierce and crafty Jungle Troll in a tribe of up to four trolls.

You will explore the Jungle, build & craft, compete against the other tribes
and try to destroy their Totem.

Every single playthrough is unique thanks to randomly generated resources,
procedurally breeding animals and highly varied game features.

Contacts & Info

Website
Discord server

Contents

Jungle Trolls 6.6.0 (Map)

Reviews
15:59, 4th Dec 2008 Rui: The map is known to me. The previous version was approved, so I guess this one will pass too. Note, please use the Update button to submit a new version.
Level 11
Just testing the weapon acquire system... And swearing. Something's wrong and I must work a bit more to discover what's it.
As for the soup - only herbivorous animals cannot. Yes, I know in real life they sometimes can. I know even about a cat that eats tomatoes...

Level 4
btw i got idea have you play werewolf Transylvania.... they way the farmer hunts using spear can you implement to game?

Level 2
I dont think that should be implemented ( in WW u have to buy a bundle of spears eg 50 and for each atack 1 is used up until u can not atack any more because du dont have any spears left ) what mb could be interesting is the fishing from ww ( u take a net / rod and use it standing in the water. after some seconds u pul out something random (nothing, a fisg or even an enemy) but with a large cooldown on the rod ) but this could also make the map heavier-.-

Level 1
Excellent game, me and a group of 5 or so friends have been playing it for a couple of weeks now on hard and we just wanted to say thanks for making it.
The only possible way we could think of making it better is making the death system more interesting. After a couple hours of play if someone dies they still want to remain a part of the game, and although we normally revive the ghosts in our team before they disappear, if we don't it's kind of a major let down for everyone. Games like Phase Killer and Werewolf Transylvania have some extremely interesting solutions to that problem such as the player who kills another being able to convert him into a powerful soul gem item which adds a floating ball around the killing player (the dead players soul) and changes the dead players text to only appear next to the floating ball, thus he becomes a sort of vengeful companion for the killer. In Werewolf any player who dies simply becomes a zombie hero that respawns in a different place on the map whenever he gets killed, he's not so strong as to pose a threat to any established player but he's still involved in the game and having fun. All of these are probably difficult to implement, but we figured we might as well put them out there. We also wanted to ask if a killed player could drop a trophy, a skull or something for the surviving player to carry around (it might even give a bonus, eh?)

Level 11
Thank you! I'm happy people like it :)

I'd share with you my conception of future development of the game.
After I release some bugfix versions and in a few months of work I plan to release a version that finally introduces the tedious humans into the jungle. They should be weaker, slower and much easier to play, with only one resource (gold) and with the only goal to colonize the jungle. I'm thinking about Fighter, Gunner, Missionary and Architect classes, playing in the place of Tribe 3. They should buy their equipment and use hero skills instead of crafting. They die and revive. Absolutely dead trolls should be reborn as humans (thanks to your idea). They serve purpose 1) to make a place in game for newbies and 2) to become a threat to troll tribes. No survival for them, only simple resource and skill management.
Again - this will be done after some time.

And yes, skulls are good idea and I will implement it soon.

Level 2
mh i dont know--- if humans dont use the materials like trolls and dont have the survival part of the game it would not fith with the map as we know it because its a completly difrent system. But the Idea of puting dead trolls into another team is quiet interesting... dead trolls could also be reborn as without a tribe so they have to live alone ( mb a litle to hard for new players but playing solo is not impossibile especialy on easy mode ) , or to keep ur idea the humans are easyer and weaker ( mb they have more mana and dont have to worry about heat ) and also have difrent equipment that still is build from the normal recources ( wood, stone, flint ... ).

And if humans revive and all the dead trolls become humans there is no chance for the trolls because humans get stronger with every dead troll and later on there are mb 8 humans against 2 solo trolls ore something. ( i know normaly there are not that many players left in late game but if its easyer as human mb they would stay -.- )

Level 11
The basics of the game will be the same, humans will also gather resources, but they will only sell them for gold and buy weapons and equipment. There will be no heat and food counted for them - presumably they have the human skill called "logistics" ;)

Leave balance to me, I will do it fine. The problem the only the technical work that needs to be done.

Level 2
mh i dont know the simple gathering of gold and wood would kinda take away the spirit of the game because one of the most troubeling things in game is not to gather many things but to get the item u need to build something so if humans just find tons of tinder and some stones they still would just sell it and get the item they need.

btw: do u know the map "Shamanism"? it is another map of this genre and could give u some ideas i think ( eg there is no feed or heat in the game but only spirit energy wich is gathered by sleeping and if it reaches 0 ur mana will also fall to 0 and there is no way to gain mana until u got new spirit energy. ). this would be way easyer because there are no hard consequences like damadge or slow but u still have to look at 1 of ur "recources". something like the dreamworld u enter in shamanism while sleeping would probably make the game to heavy ( more creeps and items^^ ).

And yes i know that i began this post exacly like the last XD

Level 3
Hi, I write the clan request. It consists in that that in version 3.2 was new mode which would complicate extraction of all resources (mana in rocks, berries in bushes and arrival of resources on the earth). And the initial equipment let will be as in 2.4 versions.

Level 2
PLZ not!!!
This map is one of very few of its tipe and there are way more simple hero survivals than u need out there!

Level 11
Okay! I also think Shamanic Aura is too powerful, especially when I saw how you Russians are playing it :)
As for the animals - maybe in later versions.
The 3.2 version fixes a bunch of bugs and wrong tooltips and makes some necessary balance improvements. It will be released (hopefully) later today (22.02.2010).

Level 11
Finally!
Enjoy the new Hawk ability and the much stronger Hound. Many bugs, including those with mithril, were fixed. Expecting new bug reports :p

The last thing before I fall asleep:
I would like to announce a competition for Jungle Trolls screenshots.
The most beautiful ones will be uploaded at Jungle Trolls site as illustrations to the text. The nickname of the person who sent the picture will be written under the illustration.
Please send your pictures at [email protected]. The e-mail title should be "Jungle Trolls".

Level 10
I really enjoyed Ice Troll tribes, but the other tribe games ruined it for me with Hero Classes, can you make a mode that makes everyone the basic troll class if there isn't one already? I probably wont bother to test it unless there is one to be honest. It's not necessary of course but there's probably other people that would prefer it over the heroes...

Level 1
Meh, What can I say? I haven't ever expected anyone in bulgaria to be using the world editor, let alone be making something so awesome! The first time I saw this I was like " Hey I think this guy is from my country..." (bow) to you. You got skype?
Anyway I think I can help you correct and grammar errors in tooltips that you have made, since I'm seeing a lot.

Level 4
Inventory idea
have u played Winter nights, or gaias retaliation rpg can you add their inventory idea to game or create an inventory system and add more gear to game like helm. make bag (2or 1 leather and rope in tannery)(hard to pick items and have full gear)
--cancel stone+flint=iron ore its too easy to get, make iron ore a drop-able item from attacking rocks. and when iron ore drops you need flint+iron ore to make iron bar( because iron ore comes in small pieces in real life so u need forge to melt and put em together). make mana stone more expensive to get.
and make quest rewards iron ore and mana stone.
-- and instead of action mode, just drop 5 buildings totem,shaman hut, hunter tannery, warriors Amory and inventors... saves time.
--and idk why shaman cant create cauldron instead of making hut...might bring some balance issues but...lets test it out
--btw can animals die after their children lvl 2 so they don't mass 100 wolfs in 1 spot end game.
--subcane kinda useless...make posin stronger, or just make it have ability like knock out target.(sleep) will be useful against multi targets like cc
--MOST importantly some of items USELESS in-game since no 1 actually gets to face other players...bombs and etc. slow pvp problem needs to be solved.
cant just be surviving till end to kill boss every game. and other team just die out. removing cold movement slow effect and increasing movement speed would help. game goes too slow
--idk why u need leather to make a tannery...
--inventor needs to start with some sort of gathering item they just do nothing. until they have resources and all they do is make buildings.
--and remove shaman shield and add a spell that cures stuff
--and increase heal and cancel ability to cure
--i would say make a spell book and save space and add more ability...later on maybe sub class.
--and make hp degain by spirit more slower they die 2 days at least

this just idea to take into consideration.

Last edited:
Level 4
Inventory idea
have u played Winter nights, or gaias retaliation rpg can you add their inventory idea to game or create an inventory system and add more gear to game like helm. make bag (2or 1 leather and rope in tannery)(hard to pick items and have full gear)
--cancel stone+flint=iron ore its too easy to get, make iron ore a drop-able item from attacking rocks. and when iron ore drops you need flint+iron ore to make iron bar( because iron ore comes in small pieces in real life so u need forge to melt and put em together). make mana stone more expensive to get.
and make quest rewards iron ore and mana stone.
-- and instead of action mode, just drop 5 buildings totem,shaman hut, hunter tannery, warriors Amory and inventors... saves time.
--and idk why shaman cant create cauldron instead of making hut...might bring some balance issues but...lets test it out
--btw can animals die after their children lvl 2 so they don't mass 100 wolfs in 1 spot end game.
--subcane kinda useless...make posin stronger, or just make it have ability like knock out target.(sleep) will be useful against multi targets like cc
--MOST importantly some of items USELESS in-game since no 1 actually gets to face other players...bombs and etc. slow pvp problem needs to be solved.
cant just be surviving till end to kill boss every game. and other team just die out. removing cold movement slow effect and increasing movement speed would help. game goes too slow
--idk why u need leather to make a tannery...
--inventor needs to start with some sort of gathering item they just do nothing. until they have resources and all they do is make buildings.
--and remove shaman shield and add a spell that cures stuff
--and increase heal and cancel ability to cure
--i would say make a spell book and save space and add more ability...later on maybe sub class.
--and make hp degain by spirit more slower they die 2 days at least

this just idea to take into consideration.

and this sub class idea

Medicine Man--healing class, good at using herbs to heal
upgrade class
Witch doctor--mage/necromancer type class
uses alchemy and magic
can make items like Skeleton spirit(req bones+herbs)
summons skeleton to fight.
shaman--Buffer/support/healing
Spiritul leader
can make items like spirit wand (faster rez)
can use totems to control weather

Inventor--item creation class
Engineer--better at build and repairing buildings
can repair buildings without extra resources
Chemist--can make better bombs and chemicals
chemic bomb (req posin+oil) make bombs that e.g are just idea of item

Warrior tank/resource gather
Berserker--dps and more on way...thinking

hunter--food gatherer/tracker
Beast mater can domesticate animals
use em as inventory, mounts, better units( can upgrade animals so they can be use for travel, inventory carriers..etc
Stalker--(rogue type class)
hunts down enemys
better traps, better range dps, can track and find animals and enemy's easy.

not fully thought through but gives an idea.

things to think about

BTW U PLANING TO MOD THIS TO SC2??????

Last edited:
Level 11
Teldrassil, don't worry, I won't add any hero classes. It does not fit the map. The basic idea of Humans is completely different and there it is much time until I make it true.

BIOengineer, I'm worried. Please explain more about the fatal error. What do you think triggers that error?
As for the Boss animals - point taken, will make them stronger.

googleson78, благодаря ти : )

co_oki, I will take into account the things you are suggesting. But please notice that many of them are matter of personal liking, and others are already done (for example the Shaman already has a curing ability - the Shamanic Healing removes poisons and diseases).
I will not modify Jungle Trolls for Star Craft 2. It is more likely that I create another game, if I like SC2's functionality for that purpose.

Level 3
Help

Am i the only one who can't get this to work? :huh:
As in: the map doesn't show up ingame? When you have to select a map i can't find the name.

Level 3
Some suggestion regarding arcanum hotkey.
Better u change the arcanum hotkey to [q w e r]
because using lague P hotkey is hard pressed compared to R hotkey.

Also, some suggestion about the ending of the game. (after one of the tribes win)
Show the score (kill/death), also mention the tribe which is the winner.

Level 2
One thing i realy like about the Game is that it does not have to end if there is only one trobe left

Level 3
JTR is still as awesome as last time i played it (if not even more :grin:)
But... i liked it better when it was just about survival and not being the errand boy of the old troll. :hohum:

Level 4
BTW NOTE:you can NEVER make a fully realistic game you can come close, but unless you make some sort of visual machine you cant make it fully real.
And if you make it real and its not fun, who will play it.

i just saying focus more on game play, than making game real.

and for shaman i meant get rid of shield spell completely... and make spell book for classes and give em more than 2 skills.

increase movement speed of heroes...they still too slow or make the speed spell cost less mama and make it auto.

and game only 2mb so u can afford to add some models and etc, i would think that would be most fun of moding.

no offense :cute:

btw u played island troll tribes before??

Level 3
i got one bug about the arcanum.
i had 2 arcanums (darkness and light), when i pressed the arcanum of light, arcanum of darkness spell appeared. Furthermore, I dropped the arcanum of darkness and pick it up again, i got both spell from arcanum of darkness+light here the SS:
33392631.png

some suggestion:
-engine should be used more widely.(cr8 another machine instead of "catapult")
- press stop/hold rapidly for mining isn't allowed .

Last edited:
Level 11
I will take into account the bugs you reported. Especially the net, it seems it causes many problems. Arcanums are bugged in everything, it is the WarCraft functionality, which is obviously unsuitable for all the things we are using it for. I don't know if I can do something for them.
I plan to make more heavy weapons for Inventor, which will use engine. That will be the Chainsaw and the Machine Gun. Additional animals (for example Stags) and flora (mushrooms) are also things I might add.
Please consider that every single improvement or bugfix may cost me hours of hard work, so please be patient. Some things will be added and fixed for the next version and some - not. But you should know, that I write down every bug report and every suggestion I am able to complete, so everything shall be done in some time... one by one.
I have played Island Troll Tribes and I do not like it. It has though some good ideas.

Level 4
what about clay??
can be used for tents and cauldron.....etc
btw if u have time can you add models and terrain if you want, game looking old

Level 4
what about clay??
can be used for tents and cauldron.....etc
btw if u have time can you add models and terrain if you want, game looking old

and hunter getting full control of pets...

and inventor needs some sort of gathering item at start

Level 3
Earlier trolls were healed quickly (took with him a lot of soup instead of elixirs), and now he was replaced by regeneration, but all animals are healed just as quickly
Dog last level with 10 pieces of meat - IMBA

Level 3
Gadina, im glad to see an improved version of JTR =D i used to play with my friends, but had no opponents that wanted to stay, just a few.

i can cook, i can do totems, i can do most of the things, i always use inventor and without -action i can get cauldron and forge in first day =) of course with help from my friends.

wanna play together ? but im currently in singapore, so maybe i cant connect so well =x