• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Jungle Trolls Reborn

JUNGLE TROLLS REBORN
by A.Dominion and Gadina Prokleta

Latest Version

You must survive,
gather resources,
build your village and
protect your Totem from the other evil troll tribes in the Jungle.

Gameplay

Jungle Trolls Reborn is a survival / base building game in which you control
a fierce and crafty Jungle Troll in a tribe of up to four trolls.

You will explore the Jungle, build & craft, compete against the other tribes
and try to destroy their Totem.

Every single playthrough is unique thanks to randomly generated resources,
procedurally breeding animals and highly varied game features.

Contacts & Info

Website
Discord server

Contents

Jungle Trolls 6.6.0 (Map)

Reviews
15:59, 4th Dec 2008 Rui: The map is known to me. The previous version was approved, so I guess this one will pass too. Note, please use the Update button to submit a new version.
Level 1
I have some comments on your reply as well as some more stuff to add, I hope you don't mind.

I brought the net subject up since it stops the troll from moving and run away so all you need for an easy kill is just one net. Then you can gangbang anyone in the forest because you will be geared, your enemy won't. And even 8 secs is plenty of time to inflict 200 damage. As a comparison in Island Troll Tribes the nets last 8s on animals and 3.25s on trolls. So you can make it a similar way here 10s/8s on animals and 5s/4s on trolls.
And now as the blunt has been buffed a warrior with enchanted gloves can easily get to you with the help of the net (which will bind you down for whole 8s) and perma stun you (as you already stated).

I am not sure how it is possible for the maximum MS cap to be 2000 since in DotA and in ITT it's 522. All I meant was that +80% MS bonus and +100% Group MS bonus is way too much and seems very imbalanced. I cannot make proper suggestions at the moment since I do not know the actual trolls' movement speeds and MS gain per level.

It is true that the cauldron and forge should be made harder to built but I am not sure that they should require oil. Oil spawns only in 4 places and 1 per day. So all the 3 tribes should struggle to acquire early 2 oils to get their equipment (forge) and food/potions (cauldron) running. The alligators though can only be defeated with good gear, furthermore it is impossible to make invisibility potion and avoid them since you will not have cauldron. The only option will be to cross the quick sands but one oil per day for 3 tribes isn't sufficient at all, especially for Shamans and Explorers which DEPEND on oil.
So I suggest you think here for a seconds and either make oil purchasable from the tauren merchant, make it spawn like mana stones or change the requirements.
One more think to add on the subject is that the hunter/warrior need mana stones for their mithril gear, while for the shaman/inventor need mana crystals which means mana stone+ oil! So with the free 100 gold the first ones can gear up in no time, while the shaman/inventor have to wait for days to get the needed oil for their final gear. It's somehow not fair, in other words - imbalanced.

Now I will suggest some changes:

-In my opinion it would be fairer if fuel adds more than 5 rounds on the flamethrower (in comparison: the hunter's arrows add 15 charges even for the best - reflex bow).
-Encourage leveling by adding more bonuses per level gained like life/energy/movement speed/attack speed. Trolls gain no spells per level anyway so some more bonuses will be logical. I would suggest - one point to all + one extra point to primary attribute.
-Make the books say "shaman only" so that the other classes can know they cannot use them or pick them up.
-Since inventor cannot pick up the fireball/lightning book and armory cannot pick up items near it, he cannot make the Thunder Hammer/Fire Axe items without a shaman in the tribe. So either make books pickable but not usable by other classes OR make buildings be able to pick up items near them like the Cauldron and Forge which are the only ones who currently can.
-Make staffs/wands enchanted with books in them possible to be disassembled.
-Fix the warrior's tooltip at the class selection menu that says 50% bonus MS and AS (because as far as I know it is 40% now).
-Fix the shaman to be able to pick up armor. At the moment he cannot wear any level 1 chestpiece.

Level 1
I brought the net subject up since it stops the troll from moving and run away so all you need for an easy kill is just one net. Then you can gangbang anyone in the forest because you will be geared, your enemy won't. And even 8 secs is plenty of time to inflict 200 damage. As a comparison in Island Troll Tribes the nets last 8s on animals and 3.25s on trolls. So you can make it a similar way here 10s/8s on animals and 5s/4s on trolls.
And now as the blunt has been buffed a warrior with enchanted gloves can easily get to you with the help of the net (which will bind you down for whole 8s) and perma stun you (as you already stated).

I just hope Gadina_Prokleta does not change this game so it suits you.

I feel that the net is fine as it is and does not need to be changed, I feel you do not totally understand the idea this game is based on. It's all about survival and working as a team, if you are running about on your own and get netted and chain stunned by a warrior (a class based on high damage and brute strength) then it serves you right. It's about working as a team and sticking together in the face of danger.

The classes dont need rebalancing etc so they all have equal chance of beating each other as that's pointless. You may aswell just have one class in the game. Each class is unique and brings it own abilities to the TRIBE

Please remember this game is not Island troll tribes, it's much more diverse and complexed.

The problem with Jungle Trolls Reborn is that it's too good for battle.net and lack of role playing players around. If only this amazing game could be made as a standalone title.

Last edited:
Level 1
Gadina_Prokleta, I only came across this forum/topic today and just wanted to say what an amazing game this is. Me and my friends have had some really fun times playing this over LAN and across b.net over the past year and just wanted to say carry on the great work.

It's nice to see that even with DOTA domination over b.net, games like this are still being maintained and improved.

:piru:

Level 1
i disagree with u.U can make fiery axe and thunder hammer without shaman. Forge can pick up and drop items. just get spell books near forge with right cliking on them.Pick them up with forge then drop them into armory :D. (forge must be near armory) I love this map please keep it alive :) plase forgive me for stupid comment and bad english XD

Level 1
I think that dreaminvader should fuck off ... You cant expect to kill a warior with inventor or with shaman (1vs1) . Warior is a specialized fighting class and shaman is supporter so shut the fuck up and dont make stupid replys. Like i said in my prevous reply balanced game doesnt mean that all classes should be equal. It all depends on the player and his playing style .. ( and looks like that in your case you are a stupid noob that only cry)

Level 1
I can play this game only on lan game. SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME HOW CAN I PLAY JUNGLE TROLLS ONLINE !!! Is there any garena room.

Level 11
I think many of the suggestions of DreamInvader are good.
Not all of them, but I will gladly use some of them, which tip the balance in the right direction.
As for the net - Dark_Angel also didn't like the idea and persuaded me to set its range to 500, but to make it stackable x1.
Niik, thank you a lot! I am happy you people like it!
BIOengineer, it gives invulnerability only for 5 seconds. Of course this could be enough to set bombs in the enemy base... But you could also catch the terrorist before he comes too close. Or set net traps (as much as I remember, invulnerability does not protect against them).
I am working on a new skill for the Shaman and a new... crafting.
The skill is something like invulnerability. It will be called Ghost form and is based on Banish. It makes the target slower, invulnerable for melee attacks and more vulnerable for spells and shots. Depending on the situation the Shaman would use it on self, on friend or on enemy.
It would last 5 seconds, with cooldown 25 seconds.
What do you think about it?

Level 1
The developer is not making fixes/ improvements because "it suits" someone but because changes are a must for everything - from games to real life economy. Not updating something is called stalling and everything that falls into this category is destined for extinction. The game needs not only balance but new horizons for evolving.

All I have suggested - I did with a purpose because I have played long enough to know what's best for the game and what will make the gameplay better. I don't need some underaged kid pointing out how great the game is and that it needs to be the way it is. This either means that you are very stupid to not see the flaws and the possible abuses OR you haven't played long enough or thorough enough to see the things as they really are.

The game should offer diversity for both - big tribes (of 3-4 people) and small ones (1-2 people). At the moment a hunter alone can take on a big tribe with ease - he has pets (the bloodhound can be fully grown on day 1), a free net, ability to become invisible, a very easily crafted ranged weapon (bow+arrows) that doesn't require any building, he also has traps (that he can put for catching troll-prey at the forest). For comparison - the shaman in order to get a second spellbook - he needs a mana crystal (mana stone + the rare oil) and feather (for which a net or a weapon to throw is required). Inventor is also very dependent on oil which spawns once per day on 4 dangerous places on the map (which for 3 tribes is at high deficit).

I own on this map because I know how to abuse the unbalances but by sharing my thoughts and my experience - I am showing enough dedication and the gamers can only win from my knowledge and suggestions.

Storm_Guard, пишлеменце, не ме псувай защото си нямаш и на идея какво пишеш. Много си отворен за акенце дето я е играло няколко пъти играта.

Level 3
I believe that the time interval to activate the amulet is too small and there is a bug (if you use it before bedtime or coma while the invulnerability will be more)

Level 1
Not updating something is called stalling and everything that falls into this category is destined for extinction. The game needs not only balance but new horizons for evolving.

Nobody here is against updating this game but some of your ideas are insane, due to the fact you think this game should be dumbed down so it's easy 1v1v1v1 and don't understand it's based around teamwork and teambuilding

All I have suggested - I did with a purpose because I have played long enough to know what's best for the game and what will make the gameplay better. I don't need some underaged kid pointing out how great the game is and that it needs to be the way it is.

By claiming that you know what is best for this game is ridiculous, just because you seem to have invested alot of play time does not mean you know what is right or wrong. The only person who knows what is best for this game is the creator of the map, you like everyone on this forum are here to provide feedback.

The game should offer diversity for both - big tribes (of 3-4 people) and small ones (1-2 people).

This game is based around teamwork, so therefore it will be easier with 4 people, if you have a tribe of less people it will make the game harder, fact but not impossible. You seem to want changes introduced that will allow a solo player to wipe out a tribe of 4 people. Maybe we should make a game called Jungle troll duels to satisfy your lust

I own on this map because I know how to abuse the unbalances but by sharing my thoughts and my experience - I am showing enough dedication and the gamers can only win from my knowledge and suggestions.

Lol you are so big headed it's crazy. I'm sure the real reason you "own" is because you play with new players every game. You dont exploit unbalances you are exploiting inexperience.

Level 11
Please, people, be kind to each other.
I accept any ideas, but I usually do changes after a serious concern. Even Dark_Angel - a good tester and a good friend - even he cannot make me to do something if I am not absolutely positive it is useful and good for the game. Still everyone could offer a glorious idea and be of great help.

Level 4
i say forget that inventor chain saw and gun weapon and just release it.

and was wondering if you could make weapons like taiga. and make like 1wood 1feather = 30 or 20 arrows.

Level 4
btw if you NOTICED that the characters in taigia don't auto attack, because they use "worker"(peasant) ability that lets them attack only when you tell em to.

and the weapon ability i think, this is what you should do for weapon ability, use it like druid ability, like you make item like axe and when you click it changes your char.(does not increase attack) instead weapon effect gives attack bonus....though not sure how it would work for exp and class.

anyways starcraft coming out July 27, people probably gonna stop play wc3 soon.
and sc2 editor is way better. so any plans for that?

Level 11
didnt play last ver but i played the 1nes before
map overall is very nice, i see u updates pretty much but i wonder if map is still "slow" cause thats the most anoying part of the game
it takes a lot time to make base items etc
if its still this way u can make for example trolls faster same as creeps ^^

Level 4
Well i was only playing solo but looks for me like better than Island Troll Tribes (which was the best kinda-survival map so far for me). Still i only played solo. After some time little lags came ( :O ) but they dissapeared very fast. Game is much more i would say advanced but also complicated than ITT and other simmilar maps but its much more fun! Seems only strange for me that every coat need deer skin which is little strange i think. Awesome map ^^

Last edited:
Level 3
Errors:
the ability to pick and a hammer is used to living beings
after exiting the game does not go away troll
After the defeat of the team write in many times the same text
Suggestions:
Animals:
-Increase the initial count of life of the bosses
-Increase the reproduction of animals
-Add-deer children
-Let the piranhas attack all animals
-Divide the animals to herbivores and carnivores
-Let the predators themselves eat meat. for example piranha
-Let the herbivores in the form of grass to eat it
-Diversify types of attacks in animals
-strengthen bears
Food:
-Establish a shelf life of food
-Diversify food
Terrain:
-Complicate the oil-extraction of the second team
-Let the quicksand effect on all creatures
Weapons, items:
-The variety of weapons
-Add Mithril spear
-Add-swords
-Diversify types of arrows (arrowheads)
-Remove the ability to do inventory recipes. instead, make it possible to do these things in building but complicate their assembly
-Strengthen chainsaw
-Increase the number of feathers from the birds feathers and the requirement for assembly items
-New subject required for prescriptions and books: ink
-To diversify and strengthen the daggers to use tactics: Assissin
-Make a boomerang
-Make it possible to throw ingots
-Prohibit the use of onions in a small distance
-Make new amulets: adding auras
-A new subject: the blood of the troll, which is made from meat troll for cooking potion and increasing mana totem
-Bloody amulet from the blood of the troll, which adds immunity to physical Damage
-Amulet aura shaman from previous versions
-Ability to carry only one amulet
-Amulet aura shaman from previous versions, and the amulet of blood can only be a shaman
-Make a mechanical armor for inventory, but this reservation will prohibit use of many weapons
Buildings:
-Make two-level boat (the first tier level: a raft. Second level: transport vessel or military)
-Make accessories for boats
-Let the tower attack with a troll inside, but not automatically
-Add incendiary mix for catapult
-Remove the ability to pick and hammer. Instead, take these weapons let a troll, the type of attack on the siege
-Remove extra items from the warrior in the beginning of the game (shield, armor)
-Increase the number of levels of the towers
Abilities:
-Strengthen the attack with assault invisible
-Give a bonus to attack (critical hit) for assault from behind
-With higher levels of the hero will automatically raise the level of skills

Level 3
suggestion:
-suggest all caves can be entered, inside the cave there are some mineable rocks, those rocks can drop variety of stone (e.g iron, or mybe precious stones) -> some precious stone can be used for upgrading shaman book e.g ruby-> fire->lightning.

-shaman: some spell need casting time (lightning, fire, nuke spell).
give more visual effect for spell.

-inventor: invent tool that can mining automaticaly or invent tool that can mining faster than mining pick.

- add fishing rod -> fishing in the sea w boat / in fishing pond ( may be u can make fish pond inside the cave). fins from huge fish can be used for new armor.

- boss: wolf devour : make it last around 1-2 min.

- make additional weapon upgrades.

- seperate equipment with item by adding backpack (make bag from tannery using deer skin or etc)

Level 11
Oh, a whole lot of suggestions!
First of all, thank you.
I will sort them in three groups:
- things already done in some form (for example - there is not needed an item "ink", because Shaman uses as ink some potion or elixir);
- things I could do in some time (for example the fishing - since a long time I want it, but there are some problems);
- things I wouldn't do, because it is too hard or inappropriate for the game (for example I want natural habitat, animals who eat each other etc., but it would cost a lot of game resources and won't work well, because the map itself should be much bigger for a real natural balance).
Thank you again! Please report bugs. For now I plan a small update for fixing bugs, adding inventor recipes and some easy improvements.

Level 3
Errors:
see enemy buildings near the mountains
Mining Pick hits the shaman in ghost form
A new warrior ability inflict damage to the shaman in ghost form
Arcanum sometimes does not Work
Critical damage works on trees
Suggestions:
return Dire troll but as aboriginal that will live on this jungle

Level 11
Mining Pick hits the shaman in ghost form
A new warrior ability inflict damage to the shaman in ghost form
- these are not bugs. All active abilities affect ghosts with increased damage. Only melee attacks do not affect them. This ability makes the Shaman able to protect fellows against beasts (+increased heal!) and to be some kind of "target painter" against enemy trolls - casts Ghost Form on an enemy and all teammates attack him for increased spell/shooting damage.
- Arcanums have an old bug I cannot fix - if you change the place of Arcanum in hero inventory, it shows no spells and you must drop the book and take it back if you want spells to be shown again.
- critical damage to trees - it is meant to. Some hits are just better :)

Last edited:
Level 3
I have a suggestion for solving the problem connected with tips trolls after their death.
I propose that after the final death of the player he became an animal. Species of this animal will depend on the level of the deceased troll. so the player will play for those to whom it was hunting for life. as it will allow longer enjoy the game.

pld

pld

Level 1
Hi gadina_prokleta,

thanks for the map. I like it very much and host it almost daily.
So, i felt like it was time to give you some feedback;
I am missing PVP in your map. While the PVE part is really sophisticated and satisfying PVP absolutely isn't. It's partly because people are overwhelmed by the PVE but it's also because there is too much damage inflicted in a PVP situation without the option to make up for the damage. I'd recommend:
* implement instant HP replenishment on meat (~30 hp instant instead of overtime)
* decrease damage against trolls (ever tried flamethrower + grenades on a troll? Same with mithril axes. And this is only in a troll vs troll situation. Try 2vs1.)
* maybe reduce the heal cooldown of shaman
Of course there are Cure Wound potions, but it takes much effort to get a stack of them let alone supply the whole team.

Besides PVP, there were some serious pve changes in 3.3 and personally, I'd like to see them reverted:
* weaken tarantula venom, it's just too strong
* give the shaman his shield back. it was the one thing that made him compatible as a solo character. just weaken it a little more (from 2 over 3 to 4 mana per damage).
* remove the added dependencies of oil and mana stone for some things. In my eyes, it just protracts the game and, for a solo playing hero, makes it very hard to get some decent equip.
(I realise this is a teamplayer map but I believe it's essential that solo playing is balanced, too. 3.2 was very good in that regard (except maybe flamethrower + grenade or the "shaman aura", which were a little too strong.)

Also, some minor things that I would prefer over the current state:
* spells shouldn't attack buildings
* buildings shouldn't be built immediately, but rather take 10 - 12 seconds to build so one can abort and place it elsewhere
* if you hit 0 heat and get the frozen debuff, remove the debuff as soon as the character hits 50 heat (similar to starve and 50 food)
- alternatively gradually weaken the debuff (e.g. at 25, 50, 75, 100).
* allow destroying of items by attacking them
* reduce the time the character sleeps
* allow queuing actions while sleeping (via holding shift and clicking somewhere)
* remove the cooldown when planting seeds so i can queue it via shift
* remove the map of the jungle, it's too strong an item - instead consider pinging troll location for the same amount of gold
* remove the feature that clicking an item drops it. When using Numlock i sometimes accidentally "misclick" and drop an item
* add a feature to berry plants, oil sources and others to unload all items to a char and create a hotkey for it (e.g. "d" for Unload all)
* increase the range in which buildings can pick up or trade items between each other. escpecially the forge has a very low range
* autofocus the hero when using the teleport stone

I'm not asking for anything but maybe you could introduce HCL support. This way a bot hosting your map can set the modes (for instance easy, medium, difficult, if you modify the way modes are set to -easy or -medium etc). In combination with that, an -all random mode would be nice, too. Just as a gimmick.

Thanks for your time!
Demian

Last edited:
Level 11
Thank you for your suggestions!
For some of the things we are sharing the same or almost the same thought.

* implement instant HP replenishment on meat - it was instant before. Now it is more realistic.
* decrease damage against trolls - I will rework armors instead.
* maybe reduce the heal cooldown of shaman - I will increase the healing bonus of Ghost Form instead.
* weaken tarantula venom, it's just too strong - nothing is too strong. Make antidots or respect the Shaman ;)
* give the shaman his shield back. it was the one thing that made him compatible as a solo character. just weaken it a little more (from 2 over 3 to 4 mana per damage) - never ;)
* remove the added dependencies of oil and mana stone for some things. In my eyes, it just protracts the game and, for a solo playing hero, makes it very hard to get some decent equip - if players do not like the survival aspect of the game, they could just activate the Action Mode and buy the initial resources for any building.
* spells shouldn't attack buildings - they do 10% dmg to them.
* buildings shouldn't be built immediately - yes. Later I'll think how to make it right.
* if you hit 0 heat and get the frozen debuff - wouldn't it be too easy?
* allow destroying of items by attacking them - item life is used for stacking and I want to be a chance for the enemy to not be able to steal or destroy the item, so you could find it back when revived.
* reduce the time the character sleeps - no, it is only about 10 sec.
* allow queuing actions while sleeping (via holding shift and clicking somewhere) - maybe, if I rework sleeping.
* remove the cooldown when planting seeds so i can queue it via shift - will try.
* remove the map of the jungle, it's too strong an item - instead consider pinging troll location for the same amount of gold - you're right, it is a good idea. Will think how to make it more... interesting.
* remove the feature that clicking an item drops it - are you sure?! It is used for unstacking.
* increase the range in which buildings... - already did for 3.3.
* add a feature to berry plants, oil sources and others to unload all items - not needed.
* autofocus the hero when using the teleport stone - I'll see it.

pld

pld

Level 1
Thanks for the reply, gadina_prokleta!

I'd like to reply to some of your comments and add a few more suggestions:

* spells shouldn't attack buildings - they do 10% dmg to them.
What i meant was that it should be impossible to target buildings with spells. It's just annoying if you accidentally target a building instead of a troll in the heat of the battle and such waste the precious spell.
I also believe that there should be a practical way to destroy buildings with any class. Warriors have much melee damage and warhammers, Inventors have bombs, but shamans and hunters don't have that. Well, technically, hunters can wear warhammers, but who equips his hunter like a warrior? I propose, since fires obviously do damage to nearby trolls, why not make it burn buildings, too? The hitpoints of fires would need to be decreased by a lot and the burning process would be stoppable with rain (i.e. from the totem) but it would allow any class to target buildings.

* if you hit 0 heat and get the frozen debuff - wouldn't it be too easy?
Easy is a relative term. The "starve" debuff can be cured by eating two meat. But getting from 0 heat to 100 takes a long time, especially if it's raining or snowing. 50 would still take considerable time to achieve but wouldn't make the game any less challenging.
Alternatively, you could increase the amount of heat sleeping at the troll hut gives to ~35 or make it cure the debuff altogether. Or maybe you could give either troll hut or gods totem the ability to remove the debuff for ~50 energy. Or add an ability to the totem called "boiling blood" which substracts hitpoints over time but significantly increases heat recovery. Like 50 hitpoints for 50 heat over 10 seconds.

* allow destroying of items by attacking them - item life is used for stacking and I want to be a chance for the enemy to not be able to steal or destroy the item, so you could find it back when revived.
But don't you think it would be more realistic if items could be destroyed? It would certainly add more spice to pvp as people would have to fear about their items. There would be the need to properly store items in buildings/stocking boxes and don't go into enemy territory without health potions or some kind of instant hp replenishment (meat? :p).

* remove the feature that clicking an item drops it - are you sure?! It is used for unstacking.
Right, I didn't think of that because frankly i never use unstacking. How would i unstack consumables with that system?

* increase the range in which buildings... - already did for 3.3.
I feel like the range is still too little. Ideal, imho, would be a range of two tents size in each direction.

* add a feature to berry plants, oil sources and others to unload all items - not needed
Actually, i play a lot of Island Troll Tribes and whenever i switch to JTR i really miss the "Unload all" option on bushes. It adds to the gameflow and it wouldn't hurt anybody.

* decrease damage against trolls - I will rework armors instead.
But what about things like arcanum of darkness? Do Fireball + Lightning, Freeze, Fireball + Lightning again and the target is almost dead. Use Polymorph in combination with that and you can kill anybody as shaman. Flamethrower needs a decent nerf, too.
You would need to weaken all weapons and spells a little. At least when it comes to damage versus trolls.

* implement instant HP replenishment on meat - it was instant before. Now it is more realistic.
True, it's more realistic. But it singlehandedly kills one big aspect of the game which is PVP. Maybe you can make cure wound potions more affordable for instance by subtracting aria from the recipe and increase the spawn rate for bardane. Also, you could introduce herb bushes since potions are used way too little in my opinion. There are just not enough herbs on the map and growing them takes quite some time. Though i do appreciate very much the change in 3.3 that one doesn't have to cut the plants at 20/20 energy anymore.
How about make only stew that has been cooked together with bardane replenish health instantly?

The reason I'm a little hung up on PVP is because i play a lot of "Island Troll Tribes" which basically is a PVP map.
I think it's great that your map is focusing on survival. I don't want a second ITT. But seeing as in your game, too, the ultimate goal is to eliminate other tribes, i think it should be harder to kill other trolls. Right now, it can be very easy, as described above (Arcanum of Darkness; Flamethrower; Long Bow + Hawk; Mithril Axes + Net, ...).

I got a few more suggestions:
* I noticed that shaman's heal doesn't cure malaria anymore. I propose that you add that feature back OR increase herb spawn rate and implement herb bushes. There needs to be more herb action because it's really a nice aspect of the game. Given easier access to many herbs could make cure wound potions affordable again so that there'd be no need to implement instant hp replenishment on meat
* add a spell to the totem that cures all debuffs for ~100 energy
* add two spells that help trolls defend their base:
1. rage, gives 50% attack speed
2. last resort, temporarily increases the hitpoints of all friendly buildings in 1000 range by 100%.
* make the teleportation stone used by inventors indestructable. it's an ancient, magical portal and shouldn't be destructable imho
* I'd prefer if the fire wouldn't do damage to trolls. Tiptoeing around the fire is a drag
* stocking boxes are very useful for everyone and very easy to do. I propose that you add it to the list of default buildings craftable by anyone inside the trolls inventory

I hope you (re-)consider some of my suggestions.

Oh and I've found one bug:
* A person caught by a net can't be a victim of items like flamethrower or grenade, at least not if you target the troll directly.

Regards,
demian

Level 11
Thank you! I read everything carefully. Some things I disagree, some things are not right (raining does extinguish fire; Shaman's cure does cure diseases, but at 33% chance) but you are generally right. The truth is it would be a bit hard to rebalance each and every weapon in the game. But... I will think on this issue. As for the other things - I will take them into account as much as I can. I really do.

pld

pld

Level 1
That's all i was hoping for ;). But after all the criticism i'd like to emphasize that it's a great map. Thanks for developing it.

Oh, there's one thing that's really bugging me, but i'm not sure if it can be fixed:
* when i sleep with malaria, it apparently gets renewed. so i have to sleep all the time and overall malaria lasts a long time then. i'll use a stopwatch to time the duration later. it's supposed to be 5 minutes, right?

Also, i think the cost for crafting bombs is too high now with 2 oil. Maybe make it a rope instead of 2 oil or just one oil.

// Just played 3.4. I really like the terrain changes. Seems a lot has changed.

I think it'd be better if the inventor's workshop got it's old model back. The new model would instead perfectly fit the shaman's hut.
The models of bears, old wolves etc have changed, too. They look less realistic now, in my eyes. Kinda smooth and weirdly colored. I'd prefer the old models here, too.

Some other things that caught my attention (not related to 3.4 only):
* dismounting sometimes gives kits and other times materials. while that makes sense for the different building types i'd prefer it, if the inventor could dismount kits, too. The order would be "dismount on building" = kit, "dismount on kit" = materials.
* you can't disassemble spell books in the forge. this isn't new but i wonder if that could be changed since the shamans starting book isn't always what you want.
* the heal range of the shaman is very low. could you increase it?

Greets,
demain

//edit:
A few more things:
* Please add back the team stats tab. Why was it taken out?
* Display the "tribe extinct" message only once when a tribe is fully extinct. Right now it gets shown whenever someone leaves, no matter if he's from an extinct tribe or not.
* Move the bear in the top right corner of the map back to its old place. I preferred it when all bears where positioned in dead ends so you coulnd't run into them that easyly. After all, they probably don't want to camp out in the open anyway. It also makes it hard to access the berry bush located there.
* Please add back the rocks and hard rocks that were taken out all over the map.
* Above the piranhas in the middle of the right part of the map is a plateau. There was a passage connected it to get north to the oil field and ancient rune. It's now blocked by trees so that you're forced to go through water with piranhas (or take a rather big detour to the west passing a snake and a spider). Personally, i liked it better before that change. If you didn't watch for the pathing you still went through piranhas but you could access that north part of the map from below without making a rather big detour. IMO it's now disproportionally hard to access that north part from below.

Last edited:
Level 2
YOUR MOTHER IS A WHORE, ap0calypse, AND READ THIS YOU FAG! YOUR MOTHER HAS HIV!
I SHIT ON YOU AND YOUR MOTHER!!
P.S. I AM NEO100!

Level 11
Version 3.4 has many changes. As for terrain and models - I'm sharing your thoughts, but I'm leaving Dark_Angel to do whatever he finds necessary.

Bombs should be expensive. Other people say they have too big damage ;)

Dismounting should only give kits so you could easily change a building's location. Kits can be disassembled at the Forge. For staves, wands and spell books disassemble - I know, but it is a lo-o-o-ong work. I should have some time and less important tasks at hand.

The Shaman heal range is actually the melee range. It is done so for more realism - Shaman comes to you and treats your wounds.

Level 2
Hi everybody! I've been reading the forum with great interest but since I had some registration issues this is my first post.

I think it'd be better if the inventor's workshop got it's old model back. The new model would instead perfectly fit the shaman's hut.

I had the same doubts but finally came to the conclusion that the smoke looks better for the inventor's workshop. The old inventor's workshop has just nothing in common with the troll feel to the buildings we are trying to achieve. Many more improvements are planned for the next version and I might change it again then.

The models of bears, old wolves etc have changed, too. They look less realistic now, in my eyes. Kinda smooth and weirdly colored. I'd prefer the old models here, too.

The new models do look a little strange although I gave it my best that they look as close to the original as possible and still be recognizable as different. The goal is to make lv3 adult animals - the most dangerous ones, a little different visually so you can quickly avoid them. I will probably rework them in the next version.

Last edited:
Level 1
hi -
i think that this map is a very good work - but i have found a bug
if your chose the version with the aditional merchant shop including 100 gold the inventor is able to pack it up with the ability "Dismount Building". But if you take out the 100 gold there are 100 new gold in the shop when you rebuild the merchant shop and you have now 200 gold.

I think it would be very nice when it will fixed :D

dio

dio

Level 1
i'm having a little problem. i could play jungle troll tribes or jungle trolls reborn without a problem, but it now i cant host or even play alone the map. when i select it on custom map, the name is there, the map shows up, but the number of players and teams doesnt. when i try to host it on garena, i just goes back to server list screen. maybe its because of the last patch, i dunno.
also we should make some kind of community to play this, since it isnt that popular. its hard to find players, and most of the time they quit or they are too noob lol
try to make a room on garena or something :p

oh, and i've downloaded both maps on epicwar