• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Jungle Trolls Reborn

JUNGLE TROLLS REBORN
by A.Dominion and Gadina Prokleta

Latest Version

You must survive,
gather resources,
build your village and
protect your Totem from the other evil troll tribes in the Jungle.

Gameplay

Jungle Trolls Reborn is a survival / base building game in which you control
a fierce and crafty Jungle Troll in a tribe of up to four trolls.

You will explore the Jungle, build & craft, compete against the other tribes
and try to destroy their Totem.

Every single playthrough is unique thanks to randomly generated resources,
procedurally breeding animals and highly varied game features.

Contacts & Info

Website
Discord server

Contents

Jungle Trolls 6.6.0 (Map)

Reviews
15:59, 4th Dec 2008 Rui: The map is known to me. The previous version was approved, so I guess this one will pass too. Note, please use the Update button to submit a new version.
Level 2
Hi, to the 3.6 version:
when the trolls energy reaches 0 and i click Sleep he sometimes goes into Sleep & Comma at the same time...
Then "thanks" for removing that handy "Sleeping pauses cooldowns", it was a great way to heal :)
And yeah, the troll sometimes doesnt fall to ground when in coma (but i believe only hunter doesnt, shaman does).

Theres a tiny issue (with the stacking probably) too: when i click to pick an item from ground and with holding SHIFT click to get another, troll will take only the first one then stop.

BTW Could you please make a tiny singleplayer version of this map? Like with the bottom half of the map erased, so it doesnt get filled with rabbits and the like :) Maybe even tinier than that... Or just add a command to kill say all lvl 1 creeps? Or to instantly destroy all those newly rotting things(meat,skin,...).

And lastly something i dont understand: I found a petrified three which had the night elf huntress owl above it, what does it do? Does it mean there will be a birds nest soon?

EDIT: Forgot to say: great map, thanks for making it, cant wait to see what will the voodoo doll do!

Level 11
Guys, I understood about the harpoons. It's okay, will be fixed. If this could be the most important bug left, I would buy you all some wine or maybe sweets : )))

As I can notice, the coma animation can be override by giving an order to move in the very last moment and then it will not be played or the troll would stand up while in coma (not sure).

Sleep and coma at the same time - there are some more things that could be triggered at the same time. I could probably fix them some day, but I can't promise :(

I will try the shift-taking of items.

The petrified tree with an owl: this is very rare bug. I believe it happened because a tree already struck by a lightning was struck by another one! You are a lucky guy, make a wish :p

As for the proposal with a tiny version of the map - no, we need some more general solution to the problem you describe. I think I should finally listen to the fans about this and put a limit to breeding triggers. I think I have an idea how to make it, so animals would stop to have cubs if their species has reached a certain count.

The voodoo doll needs some improvements to the system of dying and revival, before it can be introduced in the game, and there are so much things I want to improve or add to it!

Level 2
Bug

Hi again, i found out that the Petrified Mask of Life has only one charge, after that it cant be activated (EDIT: It can, i decomposed it in forge and it now works without the charge, strange).
Also, when dissolving it in forge, it successfully gives all its components (except the egg of course) but STAYS there, so its passive abilities can be used by other troll...

And a bug which was present in 3.5 too i think: The boat needs a passenger only when just built, after the troll exits the boat will still move normally, which i think it didnt in some older versions.

And about that Shift stacking i wrote about before, it only bugs when the inventory is full, with free slots it works normally.

Level 1
As for the proposal with a tiny version of the map - no, we need some more general solution to the problem you describe. I think I should finally listen to the fans about this and put a limit to breeding triggers. I think I have an idea how to make it, so animals would stop to have cubs if their species has reached a certain count.

Most of fans (especially me) need that, bos. :D
bug:
- snow, rain, and any weather won't display on low video setting
- not enough memory to read, too bad that we still can't play this map to long

Suggestion:
adding a mode to disable some islands on this map, so it will more playable for less than 4 player.
Lesser the space mean higher chance to fight another troll, plus, rarer resources mean more challenging :)
then it will save more memory (means lesser lag), and more playable on Battle.net or my IndogamersPUB (usually we can only find 4-6 player :xxd:)

great map, nice update and bug fix :)

Level 11
Oh...
I'll see that new bugs.
Are you sure that the boat was able to move without a troll in it for more than 2 seconds after the troll left it?
The bugs with masks - there was something like that with the petrified demonic mask. I fixed it and I thought I checked the other masks... I thought wrong, as I see. Will be fixed.
Snow, rain etc. should not be seen on low display setting, this is part of Warcraft III video mechanics, I presume.
I am working on memory issues. For now I don't want to make the map smaller - part of the game is finding the enemy. I'll see though what can I do to make it run smoother even in late game.

Level 1
Oh...
Snow, rain etc. should not be seen on low display setting, this is part of Warcraft III video mechanics, I presume.
oh i see.. so then maybe a little notice about weather changing should be apply for low graphic video user, bos :D

I am working on memory issues. For now I don't want to make the map smaller - part of the game is finding the enemy. I'll see though what can I do to make it run smoother even in late game.
nice to hear that you working on that.. it's just noob-sugestion btw hehe..
good luck then :thumbs_up:

Level 1
Hunter

Well i m kinda new, i played with hunter and warrior several times, ok i understand that warrior can get axe armor(tort+bear+alligator whatever) etc but
which items can hunter get? , i got a composite arrow, tried doing tortoise armor w/bear fur didnt work then tried with wolf also didnt work, same goes for many items , which can hunter get less then lvl 2 items or what?
if u can help i will be very thankfull
thx

Level 1
bug

well i was reading the massages and i think what i wrote in first 2 massages is a bug, coz i can make bear fur+anthlp leather + rope and can wear it
but when i try to make tortoise from them (when i m hunter.warrior can wear)
i cant wear the tortoise armor, then i dissabmle it at forge and i cant even wear what i just made tortoise armor from (bearfur+anthl+rope) so its like shaman i think. btw v3.6

Level 11
See the tooltip of the respective armor - in the very name of the item it is written which level it is. It has nothing to do with experience level of the hero. Hunter can always wear an armor level 1, 2 or 3.
If there is a bug not allowing him to wear an armor of these levels, write in game chat: -debug
It happens rarely, but still does happen sometimes.

For more info visit game site below :)

Level 20

TKF

TKF

Level 19
If you would make the map less spiky and don't run inefficient extremely long loops which makes the game jump later, i would be happy to play this map.

The annoying lagg spikes made by the triggers is REALLY annoying and doesn't make me want to play it, although its a great map, the lagg ruins the gameplay.

Level 11
You are right, TKF, it has come the time those things to be fixed.
I am taking measures in that direction and I would thank again to xorkatoss about his fine advice.

Having this in mind, for version 3.7:
- I have put limits to breeding (while those limits are exceeded, animals will get old without the chance of having children);
- I am cleaning memory leaks trigger by trigger (and believe me, those triggers are REALLY long);
- I will try to finally implement the Fishing in game, thus removing 39 fish units from map (except piranhas ;) and giving an option to fish in every water place on the map, with the possibility to catch very interesting random things.

ABM

ABM

Level 7
good work man :)

hi,
it's A.Dominion
i am happy that you continued Jungle Troll for so long...
do you still use WEU editor to update it? is it protected?
i ask that because i am curious to look at your trigger...
I don't use Weu anymore, i heard it could cause some bugs and each time a patch arise it might make the map stop working :p
sorry to have left you the map with such core problem ;) i stoped updating the map because i was frustrated with the lag issue and disconnect problem.
I played a little your map, but i need to go through a more complete test before i can talk about it.
I like a lot your Breeding idea but you should definitly make some overall map count token to check the number of beast on map, or make a group per group variable deciding the max unit in each group allowed. the new hashtable trigger is amazing it gives you many possibility, i don't know if you tryed to use it but it is a very powerfull tool.

there is another thing wich i though about implenting in my map but wich i didn't because of too many bug and lag problem. it is the equipment system, all of them are in Jass but it is possible to make them in GUI as well. this allow each troll to have the armor and weapon equiped with the bonus and to have at same time all inventory free to gather items.
if you are interested you can email me, you know my address.
there is also a very easy trigger to get a full free inventory with just a click on hero ability to swap between inventory1 and 2.

right now i am under brainstorming for 3 kind of map, but i am not decided well, so i am progressing slowly, i don't know yet if i will complete one of them... it will depend on my motivation.

drop of items slow the map, i mean the map has a max items you can put in the map editor wich is quite low, so mass items could certainly slow the map.
trigger leak definitly slow the map, but i guess you are already working on it.

after playing a lot your map i will tell you if there is any bug or problem.
good luck, and thanks for your hardwork.... (i have spent so many hours working on Jungle troll that it was really crazy, i almost went crazy too :p )

Last edited:
Level 1
Was wondering about the Chainsaw creation.

Requires Iron ore?
Iron ore doesn't exist as an item, I believe.
Attempted to craft in the Workshop with Iron Bar for iron ore, did not create a chainsaw.

Siege Tower crashes when throwing Fiery Stone Axe, will try again to confirm.

If one doesn't wait the proper time for metal bar creation in Forge, bars spawn behind the Tauren Merchant.

Several times while playing, after killing a boss for the first time, the boss would spawn twice in the area.

Boat is still mobile sometimes after exiting.

Will report on other found bugs.

Level 20
ok dude i played your map for a while and i have some suggestions and questions
let's begin, shall we? xD

---Storage Box---
i had a storage box in my inventory and i placed it on the ground...
i noticed that i couldn't pack it to make it carryable...
is it supposed to be like that or you just forgot to add the pack ability?

---Recipe System---
Recipe System is the system that you combine your items.
I noticed that the items must be in slot 1,2,3 etc...
Here is a good Recipe System that enables you to combine items at any slot
Item Recipe System 1.00

---Mosquitoes---
Something i noticed about mosquitoes...
There dodge rate is extremely high and extremely ANNOYING!!
You should reduce that dodge rate at 60% or close to that...

---Camp Fire---
The camp fire works fine and it's very good..
But when you light a fire the only way to turn it off is to attack it untill it dies..
You could make a "Turn off Fire" ability that turns off the fire...

---Items Overspawn---
One of the things that cause lag on your map are the mass item spawns..
Maybe you can create an Integer Array Variable and name it ItemCounts...
and then use the following trigger...
  • Spawn Items
    • Events
      • Time - Every 60.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • Conditions - If
        • ItemCounts[1] Less than 100
      • Actions - Then
        • Set Point = (Random point in (Playable map area))
        • Item - Create Wood at Point
        • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point)
ok now i explain the trigger...
the reason we made the ItemCounts Array Integer Variable is to use it for all items..
for example let's say that for Wood is ItemCounts[1], for Snake Leather is ItemCounts[2], for Wolf Fur is ItemCounts[3] and it goes like this...
so if there are less than 100 items of that type there won't be created any more..
(100 items is just an example you might want to set it lower)
also i know that it will be a pain in the butt to add it but i will help a lot with lag issues..

---The End---
That was all for now...
I hope i helped you with my tips ;p
omg i got hungry of all that typing xD
sry if i spelled anything wrong or something ;p
ok good luck with your map ^.^
and remember!! "no pain no gain"
so you have to suffer for your map to make it perfect!! xD

Last edited:

ABM

ABM

Level 7
---Recipe System---
Recipe System is the system that you combine your items.
I noticed that the items must be in slot 1,2,3 etc...
Here is a good Recipe System that enables you to combine items at any slot
Item Recipe System 1.00

---Camp Fire---
The camp fire works fine and it's very good..
But when you light a fire the only way to turn it off is to attack it untill it dies..
You could make a "Turn off Fire" ability that turns off the fire...

xorkatoss the storage box isn't suppose to be packed, the purpose is to put item inside and if u pack it all the items will drop to the grown making the box loose it purpose...

about the recipe system, the link point out to a bad triggered system that has been rejected by the moderators...
i made the recipe system of the original game and gadina_prokleta probably improved it further, so i can tell you there is no system that i know wich can combine recipe with lot of charged items. system with no charge item is easy to make without considering slot, or with item with unlimited charge... but here you have item with 5 charges wich mean you can have more than one item of the same type in the inventory and each item can have different charge, so it is not easy to do, it is a very complicated trigger...

S1: wood 3 S2: flint 2 S3: wood 4 S4: stone 3 S5: empty S6: empty

recipe: 5 wood / 2 stone / 2 flint
the trigger will have to loop between all slot looking for wood, and add each found to [wood] adding charge, then remove all wood items, then loop for stone and add to [stone] , then remove all stone, same for flint...
then the trigger will need to check if condition are good: [wood] > 5 wood [stone] > 2 stone [flint] > 2 flint,
* if true remove the items " [wood]7 - 5 wood = 2 wood [stone]3 - 2 stone = 1 [flint]2 - 2 flint = 0 " create recipe item, give 2 x wood to hero, give 1 x stone to hero.
* if false display to player: "you don't have the ressource", then add [wood]x wood to hero, add [stone] x stone to hero, add [flint] x flint to hero.

this is pretty annoying to do, and might cause bug if the trigger has some flaws, when using loop it is need to be extra cautious. [stone] [wood] [flint] are all integer variable.
the item need to be added one by one to the hero because the charge might exceed 5.
unless you use:
* if [wood]> 0 do:(if/then/else)
* if wood [wood] > 5
* then create one wood with 5 charge and give to hero, set [wood] = [wood] -5, restart the trigger
* else create wood with [wood] charge and give to hero.

i will try to do it in the editor to see if it work, but like this it might be possible to do it.

About the campfire i agree with xorkatoss , it is a great idea to put an ability to disable it.

Another thing is that the aura of heat get the aggro of all the surrounding beast while normally fire repel the beast :p
so the jungle beast can either protect their jungle by attacking the firecamp wich can spread fire and is bad (logical explanation) or you can make the heat aura repel the beast wich can lead to abuse and bug (because it will have to be triggered and force beast to flee even if attacked or blocked) or you can give malus to beast when near fire (wich might disbalance or not the game)

The mosquitoes are indeed annoying, but it is a very good thing that you have a chance to heal disease by sleeping.

Tested so far:
The tooltip for the hunter dog is wrong, it show 10 health and 20 growth when eat meat, but it actually get 5 health and 10 growth.

The sleep in the troll hutt range is too short, many time i sleeped between 300-500 range and didn't get the hutt bonus, i think it should be around 600 at least, since you have the building you should be able to use it witout being attached to it.

The cauldron has many recipe but it doesn't give tooltips about cooking or troll head (special), maybe you could add a second screen of ability and divide the recipe between them, like in the armory, it would be more easy to know what can be cooked inside, and leave space to add more recipe.

The bird nest is a great ideas, as well as snake egg, i wonder what you did use to make the nest to be attackable on the tree . (maybe the ability that cast a ward on tree? )
The plant that are unit and grow is a good idea too, is it normal that they die alone? maybe it could be better that they don't die until a troll harvest them or a beast eat them, this way it would put less item on the map, if a beast kill the plant full mana no item dropped because the beast ate it. (maybe the beast can attack and eat the plant only when full mana) or you can make that plant can't get eaten and need to be harvested by a troll and won't die until killed by troll.

Also, I added in the version 6.5 of my old map when it was completly unstable "the jungle bee" and the honey item, the bee lived in a bee hive wich gained everyday a honey like the berry tree, the difference was that the bee hive would cast infestation when troll go near letting the little bee get loose and sting the intruder. (just giving you an idea)

Last edited:
Level 20
the storage box isn't suppose to be packed, the purpose is to put item inside and if u pack it all the items will drop to the grown making the box loose it purpose...

ok that was just a question ;p

about the recipe system, the link point out to a bad triggered system that has been rejected by the moderators...
i made the recipe system of the original game and gadina_prokleta probably improved it further, so i can tell you there is no system that i know wich can combine recipe with lot of charged items. system with no charge item is easy to make without considering slot, or with item with unlimited charge... but here you have item with 5 charges wich mean you can have more than one item of the same type in the inventory and each item can have different charge, so it is not easy to do, it is a very complicated trigger...

dude i wanted to show you that recipe system just to see that it's very easy
also it was not accepted because it was just too simple not because it had bad triggering...

about the campfire i agree with you , it is a great idea to put an ability to disable it.
another thing is that the aura of heat get the aggro of all the surrounding beast while normally fire repel the beast :p
so the jungle beast can either protect their jungle by attacking the firecamp wich can spread fire and is bad (logical explanation) or you can make the heat aura repel the beast wich can lead to abuse and bug (because it will have to be triggered and force beast to flee even if attacked or blocked) or you can give malus to beast when near fire (wich might disbalance or not the game)

Im glad that you liked my idea :thumbs_up:
Also your idea is pretty good ^.^

---New Suggestions---
In version 3.7 you should add new beasts...
Lion Male
Lion Female
Tiger
White Tiger

---Bear Fur---
I think that for a bear fur item you could use this model
Bear Fur Item

I know that size is everything but...
You need to make sacrifices for a map to improve :p
Also those 5 models were only suggestions...
But i highly recommend that you take atleast the bear rug...
It will be great for your map ;p

ABM

ABM

Level 7
Hey Xorkatoss sorry if i sounded like flamming :p

but the recipe system you say that is easy to do, was infact very hard to do, in fact i never did it while i did Jungle Troll Original because it was too complicated to do with the stacking and the items charge....
but right when i was answering you, getting ready to complain about how hard that kind of system is to do, i did realize how to do it, as i was explaining why it couldn't be done at the same time i was realising how to do it.... so thank you :p

So right now it is tested and it work fine, i just made a new stacking system that allow to create recipe with more than one of same type item and with different charge value.
I did it in 10 min so it need to be polished and to be addapted depending on how recipe are done in Jungle Troll Reborn now....

oups, i almost forgot maybe you should add a trigger to point out special area... at first i spent hours looking for oil wondering where it was hidden. maybe you can do:
-player chat event/when player x type: -oil as an exact value ---> ping on the map oil area. same could be done for boss area, quicksand area, Cave area, hotspring area.
not hard to do, and can help the noob a lot.

Here is the uploaded map with triggers... Gadina :p you will have to add another thanks to me if you use it ;)
i can improve it and make it easier to implement depending on how you want to use it in Jungle Troll Reborn.
by the way the recipe for shield is: 4 gold egg/ 2 Fire egg / 6 steel egg in any order or stack number u want as long as in total items charge you have enough ressources.

Updated (now it is cleaner, easier to implement, added some color and tooltips/ added jungle bee hive)

Attachments

• map test trigger stack et recipe.w3x
    49.1 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Level 11
A.Dominion! I'm happy to see you!
If you still have the nerve for trolls, then welcome on board! I would really appreciate your help!
I have sent you my Skype by e-mail.

tonykuan, the Chainsaw can be crafted by an invention.
The Inventor troll has 25% chance to invent recipe for Engine and less chances - for other useful items like the Chainsaw. To be crafted it needs Engine.
Note: in version 3.6 there is a mistake in tooltip: it is written the Chainsaw requires an Iron Bar for crafting. Currently it requires Bronze Bar. Tooltip fixed for version 3.7 (Iron Bar).
Similar mistake in the tooltip of Harpoons: they should be crafted with Stag Horns, but in 3.6 they actually require Flint. Fixed for 3.7.

ClockOFroh, for the Chainsaw see up.
The Forge has been reworked and fixed for version 3.7.
The bosses can spawn twice if the first one has gone too far away from their spawn point.
The boat should be movable only for 2-3 seconds max, until the next trigger check. Was it longer?

Xorkatoss, the recipe system is something important, but for this version I am only trying to make the map run smoothly even in late game. I have put item limits, I am removing memory leaks and I have created the basics of the Fishing ability, which will make the game even more rich and interesting and on the other hand, will allow me to remove some more units.
Mosquitoes are annoying... They should be. But I agree they can be made somehow better and I will thing about it for later versions.
Camp Fire - okay, will do.
Items removal is not needed, because basic resources are being spawn only for the first 7 days, and the animal resources already decompose in the current version (if not used nor stored in a building, they disappear by trigger after a few days).
The cats are cute and I will some day replace wolves by them... It isn't priority now.
Sometimes I am tempted to just rename the map to Forest Troll Tribes and everything would fit perfectly :p

zelblade, I will make a new page to Jungle Trolls site - Playgrounds. There I will try to describe the places where it's likely you would find mates for a Troll game.

TKF, I'm on it. Version 3.7 will be much better technically.

A.Dominion, thank you! We should speak a bit more ;)

Level 20
but the recipe system you say that is easy to do, was infact very hard to do, in fact i never did it while i did Jungle Troll Original because it was too complicated to do with the stacking and the items charge....
but right when i was answering you, getting ready to complain about how hard that kind of system is to do, i did realize how to do it, as i was explaining why it couldn't be done at the same time i was realising how to do it.... so thank you :p

lol that's something you don't see everyday xD
im glad that i helped you realize how to do it ;p
im looking forward to v3.7 :thumbs_up:

Xorkatoss, the recipe system is something important, but for this version I am only trying to make the map run smoothly even in late game. I have put item limits, I am removing memory leaks and I have created the basics of the Fishing ability, which will make the game even more rich and interesting and on the other hand, will allow me to remove some more units.
Dude i have very good news!!
I just found out about this awesome system!!
Automatic Memory Leak Destroyer Believe it!!
But there is a little problem...it's in vJASS...
if you don't have JNGP (Jass New Generation Pack) get it HERE
man im really sry that i haven't seen that system before >_<
but look at the good site...NO MORE MEMORY LEAKS!! ;D
also when you get JNGP you can improve a lot of systems..
like this one Cook System You should really check this out it's a very advanced cook system ;p

EDIT:
I have been playing for a while and i noticed the following things..
They are all about the Tauren Merchant Shop...

---Things You Can't Sell---
I tried selling a Tent Kit (Pig) and i couldn't...(haven't tried out the other 2)
Also i tried selling a Rope and nothing...

---Not Balanced Prices---
When you sell a meat you get paid 1 gold...
When you sell a cooked meat you also get paid 1 gold...
I think you should increase the price of cooked meat to 2 gold...
Considering that you used materials to make camp fire...
And you used more materials to light the fire in order to cook it...

EDIT 2:
Yes i did it!!
I stayed up all night for no reason!! xD
and since i was bored i took a look at the recipe system of A.Dominion..
and i was like wtf? o_O all those triggers for 1 item recipe? there are wayyy to much..
so i tried to create a more simple version but still not as good as his...
i will explain some thing here about the 2 versions...
(yeah probably you don't care but im too bored and dunno what to do xD)
so let's begin, shall we? :p
The version that A.Dominion made is better because you can craft the shield in any compination...
for example...

Slot 1 - 1 gold egg with 3 charges
Slot 2 - 1 gold egg with 1 charge
Slot 3 - 1 fire egg with 1 charge
Slot 4 - 1 fire egg with 1 charge
Slot 5 - 1 steel egg with 4 charges
Slot 6 - 1 steel egg with 2 charges
Check the image below
Good%20System.jpg

But my system is not like that...
here is an example of the one i created for you...

Slot 1 - 1 gold egg with 4 charges
Slot 2 - 1 fire egg with 2 charges
Slot 3 - 1 steel egg with 5 charges
Slot 4 - 1 steel egg with 1 charge
Check the image below
Simple%20System.jpg

So just to remind you again...
My system will be easier to impelement because it has few lines but it's less accurate...
A.Dominion's system is better and a lot more accurate but it is like 5 times bigger :p
You choose man it's your map after all ;p
Btw A.Dominion im not trying to say your system is bad or something..

Get the recipe system that i made for you here!!

Last edited:
Level 2
so it's luck

so the chainsaw is pure luck of you get it or not right? cuz i got a engine recipe like all the time so i thought there is only engine. and after all the item are complete in the workshop how do we make it nothing to click

and forgot to say GREAT finding map like this for so so long This is my Number 2 map of all i play

if you can stop the lag it will be the best cuz the lag spoils the game

and another question
how do we see the growth rate?

Last edited:
Level 1
When crafting Old Troll's Cake, it states that it is created in the Cauldron, however it is created in the Inventor's Workshop.

ABM

ABM

Level 7
hey

:grin:
ok i just finished cleaning my recipe system so now it is very easy to use and implement, i can even make more change, but right now it look not too bad... it only have to be tested to be sure it is MPI. (i replaced the old map recipe with the newer version)
i also added the jungle bee, bee hive and honey.... so you can see how it work....use it or not as you like.

PS: Gadina, i agree that the utmost priority is to make the map stable and remove all memory leak and loss possible. i also wonder if you use the creep (does decay/ does raise) when lot of unit die this leak a lot, normally it is better to put (don't decay/ don't raise) but either way you need to remove dying unit from game to remove the unit data leak.

Gadina i would be very please to give any help needed, JTR is like my baby too, so i would be please if the map is develloping well. Many new thing you added are very nice, i think you improved as much "Jungle Troll Original", as i improved "Ice Troll" made by Xelnaga. I will check my mail.
The request about a room in Europe>europe at Garena should be send at this address.....http://fairplay.garena.com/forumdisplay.php?2-Room-Applications
That's what the moderator of Garena said in your first thread, but when i went there i didn't saw any thread, did you sent your request at this link? if not you should try?

:eekani: Xorkatoss if u need to have the exact value for the item and in the exact slot, that's even worse than the current system in Jungle Troll Reborn wich allow any value for any item as long as item are in the correct slot. And if your system allow any slot but the correct value that's still bad because player will need to drop item and stack item specially so they match the recipe, it will be much more of a harrass than what it is right now in JTR . but thanks for trying, giving lot of ideas and being so interested in JTR.... keep up the good work man.

i checked to cook system: :thumbs_down:
[TriggerHappy187: Decent system, horribly coded.
Make all your globals private, use some indenting too -_-
I'm not going to approve a vJass system with TSA's... I mean c'mon.
Reject until updated. ]
(moderator said) This spell is rejected and can cause errors.

Cook system :the progress bar is not hard to make: it is done with floating text, if well done it doesn't leak, but it still take some memory from the map.
he added other things, wich use lot of units and variables wich would consume memory for not much gain...
but the progress bar could be interesting for the cooking or the forge smithing... can be done after optimization of the map is over ^^

Update: :razz:
Ok i just checked your triggered reccipe Xorkatoss, it is quite good, simple and work for any inventory slot...
BUT/ it bug if there is more than one item of same type in inventory of type item(1) or item(2), and even more annoying you tailored your trigger for only one recipe wich mean you will have to make a completly new trigger for other recipe : the item(1) and item(2) are different from item(3) so it will work only if the item (3) need more than 5 and item(1)(2) don't need more than 5 .
The shape of your system should work for any kind of recipe and not for only one. :sad:

The trigger recipe i made can be copy pasted to all recipe and works fine, you only need to change item type and number, but with the new update i made, you can change the needed thing right at the beggining of the trigger and don't need to touch anything else.

Last edited:
Level 11
Thank you, A.Dominion, you are a pure wonder! *hug*
I still have no energy left to open it, to think over it and to begin implementing it. Today was a troll's day - the Fishing triggers are almost done, already work fine and very fun, but require some more work.
I need to finish leak cleaning, to rework the flamethrower and shotgun (for now they cause game crash when used on a Molotov explosion), to fix some other things...

Garena: I have sent an application there before a week or so. Still no message nor answer.

Xorkatoss, the leak destroyer looks a wonderful tool. Thank you a lot!
I think I should use it, but first I will clean the most important leaks manually. Just in case...
As for the things unsellable - yes, I decided that I shouldn't include buildings and crafted items in Sell trigger, because they are so many and because they can be dismounted/disassembled and then sold.
The prices you mention are just okay. Only because the meat has been cooked shouldn't increase it's price, or it would be too easy. Or if there should be such an increase, it should be by a little bit only, not x2.

tonykuan, the chainsaw is luck, more or less. But most of the other Inventor recipes are also very useful.
The growth of the animals is their mana. When mana is full, they grow up or grow old and eventually have cubs. When they are old and their mana becomes 0, they disappear and leave no corpse.

ClockOFroh, thank you, I have fixed tooltips.

As for the feeding of animals - most of them get the health and growth bonus in two instances - half of it in 5 seconds and the other half in 10 seconds after feeding, that's why you thought the tooltip is wrong.

Level 2
Thank you, A.Dominion, you are a pure wonder! *hug*
I still have no energy left to open it, to think over it and to begin implementing it. Today was a troll's day - the Fishing triggers are almost done, already work fine and very fun, but require some more work.
I need to finish leak cleaning, to rework the flamethrower and shotgun (for now they cause game crash when used on a Molotov explosion), to fix some other things...

Garena: I have sent an application there before a week or so. Still no message nor answer.

I think I should use it, but first I will clean the most important leaks manually. Just in case...
As for the things unsellable - yes, I decided that I shouldn't include buildings and crafted items in Sell trigger, because they are so many and because they can be dismounted/disassembled and then sold.
The prices you mention are just okay. Only because the meat has been cooked shouldn't increase it's price, or it would be too easy. Or if there should be such an increase, it should be by a little bit only, not x2.

tonykuan, the chainsaw is luck, more or less. But most of the other Inventor recipes are also very useful.
The growth of the animals is their mana. When mana is full, they grow up or grow old and eventually have cubs. When they are old and their mana becomes 0, they disappear and leave no corpse.

ClockOFroh, thank you, I have fixed tooltips.

As for the feeding of animals - most of them get the health and growth bonus in two instances - half of it in 5 seconds and the other half in 10 seconds after feeding, that's why you thought the tooltip is wrong.
so how do we craft them after we get all the items drop it in the workshop and it automatically craft? or what

Level 4
Game still boring game ply wise, i suggest you make animals faster(non aggressive animals) and make them run when they see a troll, or unable to attack..so tribes will have to trap them in a conner to kill(like island trolls). and make hunters net an aoe net, to make getting food challenging.

Also make aggressive animals have high attack and lower hit points so, it will be an advantage to attack from range(to make hunter more food getting class) (you could also give him track ability(pings nearby animals)

it will be nice also if you create a 2 bag system (so 1st inventory can be for equipment and second for items)

Last edited:
Level 4
another plan is make plenty mode the main mode, to make it realistic(doesn't make sense that stones and other things appear from no where). just make a mass amount of items drop at start, and after the drops,
make only sticks( item used only to heat up fire) and herbs drop and don't make a spawn rate for oil(oil doesn't grow) just a limited amount spawn around certain area at start)

also (this might be bad idea) but after an animal dies it leaves a corpse (like berry plant) where you pick item from it (e.g bones etc) and use skin ability of some kind on corpse to get leather or skin

when ppl run out of resources they go into other people territory to get em (war)

ABM

ABM

Level 7
Co_oki
Making herbivore run away when you get near and carnivore attack you is easy to do... I made a system that is a noise aura, when non skilled hunter go near animal they run away because they hear them approching, and wild aggressive animal hear them and run after them even if they don't see them (only the hunter didn't make noise).

it is very easy to implement the aura or not by choosing a mode, the system require not trigger, but all animal who have attack will come from everywhere when noisy troll come around, and all who have no attack will flee, and you will really have to run to try to catch after them. the wander ability may trouble a little the run away or attack.

But the same result could be done by greatly improving their speed and let them the wander ability with no attack (like in island troll).
A good thing can also be to enable the attack of a passive creep when he get cornered (less than 50% hp) .

i usually play alone and i think the game isn't booring, a pig that fight back is difficult to deal... just to get a little food i end up with 100 life point.

the track ability is very easy to make... about predator damage i don't know, game balance is a hard thing to manage... you will have to get gadina for that.
Making plenty mode is a good thing and will probably be done sooner or later, but right now it is hard to keep the map stable. too many lag and problems.

Mass items drop can make mass lag, i mean the more items on the map floor the more lag.
and why would just the stick continue to drop just because you need to light fire, you can cut tree for stick.

But it could be done a search ability that enable the troll to detect a rock, flint, tinder, stick out of nowhere after he successfully chanced the search (with cooldown) this would remove all unecessary items from the map.
ex: Search Ability:
Randomly detect items (create item near troll) with chance for items based on terrain type the troll stand on/ grassy floor (tinder) rocky floor (stone) etc...
Search have a casting time wich will make the troll unable to move for 5 sec and a cooldown 30 sec/
(optional) The troll cannot search twice the same area of 600 range until 100 sec passed. so he will have to move somewhere else to search again/
(optional 2) the search ability will be channeling so the more time you search the more chance you find something/

And about Stick maybe tree should drop a little more than 1 wood, maybe a tree trunk that could be choped into 2-4 wood.
It is true that oil doesn't grow but like a spring of water, Oil come from a hole connected to a big mass of liquid wich emerge at the floor surface more and more as the time pass.

The Corpse for animal is not a bad idea, and might be done, the corpse can decay and disapear after some time. It will held Meat and could be skinned.
But that would add more units and more lag to the game. It would also need a dead version of all beast and also a skinned version of all beast...
Since it is a tribe vs tribe war and not only an survival orpg it is hard to go to such realism.

Level 11
And if we do that, why not then do mass natural habitat - wolves hunting rabbits etc.
This can also be done and I like the idea very much, but... We don't have the resources for it. It would make the game much more laggy, cause it would require a higher spawn rate of animals and a lot of trigger checks to make them follow a "natural" behavior.

Anyway, this is a game and more or less, it is abstract. It can never be fully realistic and some limit to realism just must be set, otherwise it will become hardily playable.

We'll see for future versions. For this version we have less ambitious priorities - but the game will take another good step forward.

Level 20
The trigger recipe i made can be copy pasted to all recipe and works fine, you only need to change item type and number, but with the new update i made, you can change the needed thing right at the beggining of the trigger and don't need to touch anything else.

good job man!! :thumbs_up: now i get the point of the actions that remove and add the item again and again and again
(i don't know if you get what i mean :p)

Cook system :the progress bar is not hard to make: it is done with floating text, if well done it doesn't leak, but it still take some memory from the map.
he added other things, wich use lot of units and variables wich would consume memory for not much gain...
but the progress bar could be interesting for the cooking or the forge smithing... can be done after optimization of the map is over ^^

lol dude i only showed you this system to show you the idea of the progress bar
also it's a very good system and it makes the game more realistic ;p
(it makes it more realistic by being able to cook different types of meat)

Im glad that you liked it!! ;D

Level 3
1. JTR by far the best ones of ITT and Ice TT it's much more realistic item stacking helps a lot the animals don't run really far away when you first hit them (As seen in ITT). This also needs a lot of teamwork if you want to kill a bear. One problem (for me not the map) Is that you need to sleep often if you are a shaman. 4\5 (If you want 5\5 I would like it if you had more classes like in the JTT it had a gatherer and the way it was a gatherer is that it had a backpack like thing.

2. Another problem is (For me again) the Piranha is really really deadly 1-10 damage very fast and there is 10 of them can you make it that they get one hitted or something?

3. Malaria is very deadly at the start. If you get hit with it then you'll lose energy quickly when you are trying to make a fire to start and sleeping in the wilds would help, yes but you'll lose heat quickly because of night time. If you want (I'd like it) you could make the mosquitoes come out later

4. If you'd like to play a match with me 1v1 or what ever you want it to be whisper to me IcySpawn I'm at east

Edit: I've been wondering why does the axe not give you damage? It's not like you use the axe sometimes and sometimes you don't I'm not saying it should give you a lot of damage like 10 but like 2xlevel or if you remove critical 3xlevel because with the axe doing critical to me means that he is using the axe when he does critical strike

Oh yea and it would be really cool if you can make the bears and wolves walk around (If they do weaken them) for like if they are hunting but I don't think WC will allow that

Edit 2: I have another idea of making the tribes becoming allies that way if there is two tribes they can work with each other if you want to hunt big game like the Grizzly bear or the Big bad wolf. A problem with this though it might end up to be like 8v4 though I highly don't think this would happen because of the lack of players in JTR

Edit 3: You should make it that we could cook more things at once one game I made 3 cauldrons because everyone was hunter (But me I was warrior)

Edit 3: The hunter's class is pretty powerful because of the amount of animals it could have if it can get 4 bears then a tribe would be really dead\injured so much they wouldn't want to rebuild their tribe so I recomend that they can have 2 different types of animals only and each they can have up to 5 (Herb) 4 (Omni) 3 (Carn)

Edit 4: (Lol I keep comming back with ideas) If a hunter tames an animal and if it gets Malaria or Plauge it will lose growth. I'm not sure if you wanted that to happen or not (I really don't think you do) but I'm not sure how you can fix that

Edit 5: I'm not sure how to start this but... Shamans already have a nice special thing for them (Herbs) While warriors, hunters, and inventers do not. (WEll I think hunter does for the puking... not sure) But how about this idea. When crafting and forging items there is like a 10%? chance of breaking warriors has 100% Chance of forging items and hunters do more damage to big game animals like wolves croc bears etc and Inventers get to have 100% of making buildings like campfires and huts. (If you don't understand this don't bother answering to it

Edit 6: Is there any clans for JTR? where there can be games made from that clan? If not I think Gadina should make one

Edit 7: (GADINA THIS IS AFTER YOU ANSWERED MY QUESTIONS) I'm not sure if this is a glitch but my inventer could up go yo 125 heat I've never used him but I'm not sure if this is a bug

Last edited:
Level 11
I don't think the game needs more classes. There are so many playing styles and possibilities with every single class, it depends on the player himself in what gameplay he'll invest his time. For example a hunter can be a beastmaster or a sniper, or even an assassin with traps and tarantula-poisoned Horn spear. He does not need special hero skills for that - only his skill of a player.

Piranhas cannot move on the ground so they can be easily killed from distance. Or even in melee, by warriors combat jump ability.

Malaria is dangerous. Avoid mosquitoes, they are slow.
And yes, diseases slow animal growth - it is intended. Heal your animals, if you care about that ;)

The weapons system is a bit strange, but it is kind of realistic. In a real fight no one fights only with the blade of a weapon and not always a hit with a weapon makes more damage than a hand-to-hand attack. I would even make it more realistic and most of the hits would be unsuccessful, but it would require too much rebalance for the same result. For now everything it is balanced in game and serves a purpose of allowing stronger characters (hunter, warrior) to deal more damage with melee weapons.

I want to make such an option, to allow tribes to ally, it is very important. But it is harder as it seems and will be done for some later version.

More recipes - one day will do. The upcoming version does not add too much new things, it focuses on better functioning of the old ones.

The hunter is really powerful if you know how to play with him. Me personally is dying shamefully every time I try to play a hunter-beastmaster.

Every class has his special things, small or bigger :)

As for the clans - there is a Russian clan.
I would not make a clan, I play rarely and in different locations.
See here about where you can find mates for playing JTR.

ABM

ABM

Level 7
Edit 7: (GADINA THIS IS AFTER YOU ANSWERED MY QUESTIONS) I'm not sure if this is a glitch but my inventer could up go yo 125 heat I've never used him but I'm not sure if this is a bug

Hi IcySpawn, Well it is not a bug every hero has special feature:

the hunter has a higher food limit wich mean he can stock more food and last longer without food. (food limit = 250)
the inventor because of his clever invention can keep his body warm for longer period and stock better body heat. (heat limit = 125)
the Shaman have more energy (mana) than other troll because of his magic voodoo and can stay awake for longer period (don't remember the bonus, maybe max mana=250)
the warrior because of his intense body training has bonus in health and regeneration, (don't remember either, :p )

but that's about it " the reason why different class have different stats "

Level 1
First of all i want to thank u gadina for your efforts about editing this map since 2006 i think u will continue to do (i wish). Its the best game ever i have seen after DoTa.

I don't think the game needs more classes. There are so many playing styles and possibilities with every single class, it depends on the player himself in what gameplay he'll invest his time. For example a hunter can be a beastmaster or a sniper, or even an assassin with traps and tarantula-poisoned Horn spear. He does not need special hero skills for that - only his skill of a player.

I aggree with gadina cause i am playing this game for 3-4 years but still i have some items that i have never made or seen its about ur style u can make shaman to help to atack to support etc...

and i think i am not lucky that i have never seen a bug is this a bug about my computer :D because i see some newbie players that they find bugs but i cant :D but i dunno is this a good thing i read all the 30 pages and still asked my self ooo was there a bug like that oo i have never seen...

And at the end i need smo can help me about Bnet. i am using eurobattle.net but i tried to use bnet and it sad CD key Invalid What is the problem what i must do to play at normal Bnet at Nortrend... (i am from Turkey)

And gadina i wanna ask u if u posted a room suggestion at garena forums so give us the link that we can click support to support the opening of Jungle Trolls Reborn Room... or if u didnt U MUST... because there are so many players but they cant play becasue they cant find each other...

Level 11
I did post a Garena room suggestion here and also at the place the guy advised me. The thread disappeared (obviously it becomes hidden so admins could discuss the matter only between themselves). It is the way they do, okay, but I still got no answer nor message nor nothing from them...

BomBaSTiQ, your problem is maybe that your Warcraft III CD-key just isn't valid. Pirated versions of the game cannot be played at Battle.net. Otherwise, if you bought the game, then maybe your CD-keys have been stolen somehow...

Different classes with all their stats can be seen at JTR site:
Warrior
Hunter
Inventor
Shaman

Level 20
Dude i got awesome news!! Check the link bellow!!
It's a Troll Avatar Icon!!
I think you could use that as a new ability for hunter!!

In your JTR site i noticed a little miss spelling...
You named the new version 3.6 instead of 3.7
Jungle%20Trolls%20Reborn.bmp

Another idea i got that you can be done quickly...
You can add more abilities to the trolls...
A way to do that is to put all of their abilities into a spellbook...
And more general you could put more abilities in a spell book...
for example a spellbook for: 1)class abilities 2)normal abilities : panic,sleep,fishing
I have made a map to show you my idea!!
Abilities in Spellbooks
This is only used as an example!! I was too bored to add more abilities sry >_<

Last edited:
Level 4
1 thing i liked about island trolls, is hunting system.
i usually play as a priest and use fire to trap elk (it was challenging) not just stand and attack
and idea for mass drop is so u use items drop to make items to gather other stuff,
stick drop idea is for people who have hard time using lvl2+ things( so class like shaman don't die)
also some of the items Ur adding especially for inventor is kinda useless since people will never make em, or it does same thing as a weapon of any kind
also increase troll speed a little or make sprint last longer, slowly walking is annoying (no offense)

Use bag system from so main bag is for equipment only, and other bag for stuff. make main bag be able to hold equipments
.http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...441/?prev=search=neather%20nights&d=list&r=20 (srry for posting map but this is free map for modders)

also make weapons change character attack, like when druid...forms
when u click bow your main attack becomes range, and each time u attack arrows are used.
click on bow again your return to melee
click axe your attack turns to melee etc....

torch idea (incrase site at night)

COME TO EUROPE RPG ROOM 8 For games
just make it temporary site since no 1 uses all 8 rooms and hard to get to rpg room 1-3

Level 3
Co_oki if you don't like this don't play it because, yes ITT hunting idea was hard but it wasn't smart animals fight back they don't always run in coward

If you want to walk faster it's call "Crafting a boot"

Yes I agree with this one

If you want it like that then he will have to make four charaters for every single weapon there is

ABM

ABM

Level 7
Dude i got awesome news!! Check the link bellow!!
It's a Troll Avatar Icon!!

Thanks Xorkatoss i will try to look at it when i have time, and thanks for your active support.

Another idea i got that you can be done quickly...
You can add more abilities to the trolls...
A way to do that is to put all of their abilities into a spellbook...
And more general you could put more abilities in a spell book...
for example a spellbook for: 1)class abilities 2)normal abilities : panic,sleep,fishing
I have made a map to show you my idea!!
Abilities in Spellbooks
This is only used as an example!! I was too bored to add more abilities sry >_<

Well i already knew from long time ago spellbook ability storer, spellbook are also often used as a bonus storer when disabled from unit. We will see with gadina about that when we have time, if needed of course we will use it, but right now we focus on recip system, fishing system, and maybe soon so more surprise ;).

1 thing i liked about island trolls, is hunting system.
i usually play as a priest and use fire to trap elk (it was challenging) not just stand and attack
I played a few time ITT and i know what you mean, and indeed it is challenging, in JTT is it right now more like to resist the animal blow than run after them for hours...
Well, maybe some day we will change things a little for some of the passive creep, but i am not sure we will do it like ITT, but i will think about that... thanks for you suggestion and for your support of JTR.

and idea for mass drop is so u use items drop to make items to gather other stuff, stick drop idea is for people who have hard time using lvl2+ things( so class like shaman don't die)
also increase troll speed a little or make sprint last longer, slowly walking is annoying (no offense)
Well i see what you mean but too many items on map floor would cause 2 problems:
1) mass lag and disconnection of weaker computer... (in editor item are limited on map to 256, maybe the map can support more, but item is definitly something that add lag to map)
2) most of the building and things will be built easily with the mass items avaiable and ruin all the gameplay. Even in ITT and in IceTT the item drop regularly based on time and number of items in an area.
About the speed, well it is intended to be like that... the more speed the more you can travel through the map painlessly, making the survival less survival and more like a melee tribes vs tribes. if you want speed you can either run (cause mana loss) or/and use boot.

Use bag system from so main bag is for equipment only, and other bag for stuff. make main bag be able to hold equipments.
also make weapons change character attack, like when druid...forms
when u click bow your main attack becomes range, and each time u attack arrows are used.
Well one of the surprise i was talking about is the equipment system wich would bring more room in your inventory for item gathering, and with this system off course i intend to make a bow equiped unit become ranged with ammo system for arrow. I checked many system and all are in Jass, i intend to do my own system in Gui and to adapt it to the specific need of JTR (i will look at your link but i already seen many many equipment system and they are all great)
This will take great ammount of time, and all my energy are focused on recipe and fishing.
Of course this system will be implented only if it doesn't increase lag and don't ruin the gameplay.

Co_oki if you don't like this don't play it because, yes ITT hunting idea was hard but it wasn't smart animals fight back they don't always run in coward
If you want to walk faster it's call "Crafting a boot"
Yes I agree with this one
If you want it like that then he will have to make four charaters for every single weapon there is
Well IcySpawn thanks for your fervent support, and indeed the equipment system will require a crazy ammount of work, i alread spent 10 hour on the recipe system sunday and it is half completed only (the map is really huge) but if it can be done i will try to do it.
About "if you don't like it this don't play it", I would rather have as many people as possible play and enjoy the map, Gad and me spent so many hundreds of hours working on it, and so many effort, that our best thanks is people playing and enjoying their time while playing JTR.
Of course we are always open to constructive criticism and suggestion from the player community.
And we will try our best to make the game more and more lag free, more and more accessible to newbie, more and more challenging to Pro, and more and more enjoyable for everyone.

I want also to thanks Gad who allowed me to join his team, and thanks him for updating my old map for more than 4 years and keeping it alive, and improving all he did by adding his great ideas.

Level 4
this is a free editors map and has some ideas like
animals attracted by meat and they eat it to heal up
herbivore/carnivore system (carnivore attacking herbivores)
weapon system
taming by feeding animals etc
you could get some ideas from it

this just an idea dont expect u to do anything

btw thank you for nice thoughtful reply

i usually come up with random ideas which seem stupid after a while of thought

ABM

ABM

Level 7
Thanks Co_oki,
i just downloaded the map you linked, i won't have time right now to try it.
but from the info and preview it look really amazing, i really look forward playing it.