• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Jungle Trolls Reborn

JUNGLE TROLLS REBORN
by A.Dominion and Gadina Prokleta

Latest Version

You must survive,
gather resources,
build your village and
protect your Totem from the other evil troll tribes in the Jungle.

Gameplay

Jungle Trolls Reborn is a survival / base building game in which you control
a fierce and crafty Jungle Troll in a tribe of up to four trolls.

You will explore the Jungle, build & craft, compete against the other tribes
and try to destroy their Totem.

Every single playthrough is unique thanks to randomly generated resources,
procedurally breeding animals and highly varied game features.

Contacts & Info

Website
Discord server

Contents

Jungle Trolls 6.6.0 (Map)

Reviews
15:59, 4th Dec 2008 Rui: The map is known to me. The previous version was approved, so I guess this one will pass too. Note, please use the Update button to submit a new version.
Level 2
I played the new version with a friend and discovered a huge bug^^
by using the inventors ability to turn a building into a kit infinite amounts of gold are availibil in fastmode.
becuase everytime the special shop is build it contains 100 gold and by turning it back into a kit and building it again u can gain all the money u want.

Level 1
Great!

Hey guys thats the best map ever just wanted to ask a few things
1 when will the new version be released and 2 how do i make my UI or whatever it is like the one from JJR pics with the bones and stuff..looks just like a troll mojo :xxd: oh and 1 more thing.. gadina караш ме да се гордея че съм Българин :wink:

Level 11
Thank you, Vasko :)

The version 3.5 is been worked on slow and easy - Dark_Angel is updating all tooltips and some graphic aspects, and I have bugs to fix.
I hope it will be ready in September.

As for that wonderful UI, Dark_Angel will soon provide the link to it.

A Forum of the game will also be there for the release of the new version.

Level 7
This is definitely one of my favorite maps for WC3, and you can tell that you guys have put a lot of thought and effort into it. I'm eagerly waiting for 3.5, but I was wondering if there was anyway to say... beta test the map? :p

Level 11
The theme for the "trollish" UI can be found at http://www.dotathemes.com/

Vardix:
No, there could be no beta. We are improving too much things at the same time. The map is a unstable mess until released so only me and Dark_Angel are able to understand which new shiny bug appeared due to our recent actions and which is old and well known...
Just be patient. I think it will be worth the waiting!

Level 7
Hi Gadina, and thanks for taking the time to reply to my previous message. I have a question for the link you gave for the Trollish UI. When I went to the website, it says that the DotA themes thing is for DotA. Does it only change the appearance for DotA, or for all of WC3?

One more thing: When you guys release 3.5, will this awesome looking new trollish UI come default with the map, or will we have to use that program to constantly change the appearance whenever we play JTR?

Level 11
No, as much as I know, it changes general UI and affects all maps. There are many themes and one of them is the "trollish" one. It is a matter of taste.
For some reasons you could imagine we wouldn't implement it into the map though.

By the way, Dark_Angel did a wonderful work for this version. Most of the pretty new things about the vision and the tool tips are made by him.

Level 5
Awesome map....
but found a bug....
i was hunter n had bear fur coat....
crafted it into bear tortoise armour....forgot hunter cant wear lvl4 armor...so when i disassembled it, he cant wear bear fur coat also....he cant wear any other armor....as in he doesnt pick dem up....
i've saved it n attached it....chech it out...
sorry if its already reported....

Suggestion:
-animals in nature hv 2 interact more....like, wolves shud hunt deer or boars n feed....deers shud eat berries or herbs....eatin shud increase their growth....
-while sleepin in huts or tents troll shud actually b inside it!

Attachments

• Troll - hunterz.rar
    6.8 MB · Views: 88
Level 1
i love this map ! and i wanted to say thanks for putting in so much effort to make it this awesome. i cant wait till 3.5 comes out. just a quick question, where does everyone play this map for multiplayer? i want to play with people but i dont know what everyone uses to go on for multiplayer for this map.

Level 11
Yes, this is a known bug.
We did some work for fixing it for version 3.5, but it can still persist.
Anyway even in 3.4 there are two ways to solve it:
1) Die and revive
OR
2) Just write the following command:
-debug

As for natural habitat and animal behavior - we can make it, but I doubt we will ever try. It would cost us player slots or would make the map much heavier.

We are preparing other interesting improvements like critical strike system for power attacks (spells, shots), lightnings while raining and others.

The map has its bugs, like every game in the world, but we are constantly working to fix them. Please feel free to report anything that seems strange.

Level 1
found a bug

when you dismount the special merchant kit the gold inside it drops and it generate a new 100 gold when you build it again:thumbs_up:

BTW very nice game

Last edited:
Level 7
I know I'm not supposed to ask this question, but it's very tempting: when is 3.5 coming out? I know it was supposed to be released this month, but September is nearly over...

Level 11
This Sunday, 3.10.2010.

We are willing to add new and new stuff, but it already became a major update instead of a simple bugfix.
Anyway I cannot fix all the bugs and exploits reported, but at least the major ones were removed.

Expect shiny new things in the Jungle - new system for power attack critical effects, breeding birds and snakes (with nests on the trees), new quest rewards, new icons and models, better balance of troll attributes and more!

Level 3
Hello, iam playing you map (thx is very good, iam playing with mi SUDAMERICAN PEOPLE) and we playing every week, well.. my questions is simple..

i can translatte your map in a SPANISH VERSION¿?

how y will help you with the trasslate (my little comunnity and me need the maps in spanish, that will help mape the map very popular in our Continent).

Thx for all.

PD: How can use the vood revival iam put the items and make click but notting happens..

PD2: Iam put te stone to make te demonic stone (the totem spend mana but the demonic stone doent emergent.

THX FOR ALLL!!! AND KEEP MAKE MORE IMPROVENTS FOR THIS MAPS!

Level 1
hey I play your map last night,
When the game goes about more than 5 days (on game) It goes heavier and lagged just like there's some memory leak on game.. I think generating massive item and let it not picked or destroyed on WC map will do some memory leak (coz i found so many item on ground when it goes more than 5 days). Tested on my single core laptop, 2GB ram..

Thanks.

Last edited:
Level 11
Amauta, you couldn't manage to translate it. I really appreciate your concern, but the game is too big, it has hundreds of tooltips. And even if you can take the time to do the job, it wouldn't last long, because the game is still being updated, still worked on. Every new release would partly ruin your work.
As for the voodoo revival: it does work, but you need to have the resources dropped by the animal you want to zombify (skin, meats, bone etc.), in the needed quantity or more. In addition in slot 4 you put the voodoo scriptures - the more powerful beast, the more of them. You must put these resources in the given order and then press the ability button.
Everything is described in ability and item tooltips in game.
As for the Demonic stone: try again in version 3.5.

darkdeathknight, you're right it is maybe a bit difficult, but only for purpose of studying the game you could use Action mode, build most of the structures. Then you could still see and use them even as a dead Spirit.
We consider making some "how to play" video.
Anyway, I will think about some really easy/tutorial mode.

Hey I just remembered that there is a alligator model that you can use instead of the skink.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/crocs-green-blue-157759/?prev=search%3Dalligator%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20
It will look much better!
Ill play again to see some more stuff you could put in.
Okay I got a bug. My Troll Inventor could not pick up any meele weapons after putting my stone axe in a furnace and disassembling it. I tried -debug but it still did not work.
finally, how do you make black powder and fuel? I've been looking for it everywhere.

Last edited:
Level 11
Petrified wood is maybe a bit too hard to find.
Every time it rains, there is 3 times *33% chance that a lightning from the sky would eventually strike a random unit or tree on the whole map. If a unit is hit, it takes 50-150 damage. If a tree is hit, it becomes dry, loses 50% of its health and if you cut it, you get petrified wood :)

Level 1
Hi, when I try to click on this map to play it, Warcraft 3 crashes. Is there anyway around this? Thanks!

Level 1
how can I chop a tree?
some weapon said that it can chop a tree, i can't click it on tree.

War3.exe crash when I tried to complete some 'snake leathers' quest.
War3.exe also crash when we play game too long, it said 'have no longer memory to write'.. memory leak maybe?

too bad if we play your map too long..

Last edited:
Level 11
You chop tree by equipping any axe and attacking any tree - by the attack skill that every unit has or by pressing "A" on the keyboard.
The snake leathers quest is bugged... again. Will be fixed soon by a new version.
The game has memory leaks, yes. We do our best, but we are not programmers... :(

Level 1
Petrified wood is maybe a bit too hard to find.
Every time it rains, there is 3 times *33% chance that a lightning from the sky would eventually strike a random unit or tree on the whole map. If a unit is hit, it takes 50-150 damage. If a tree is hit, it becomes dry, loses 50% of its health and if you cut it, you get petrified wood :)

thank you

Level 3
Ehm well, this map is very nice edited. I (maybe) found a bug. Whenever i used crafting to create some buildings it doesnt create, the items are in the right order but the troll doesnt create, idk if its the reason but i play that in single player. or its a bug from v3.5?

Level 20
Last edited:
Level 20
Thank you! This system works really well!
It took a hard work though to adapt it for the game (item levels had another purpose and I needed to change two attributes for almost each one of all the hell of items in JTR), but now it really works better.

sry if you had to get in a lot of trouble to adapt the system in the game...
but the good thing is that now you got a better stacking system :thumbs_up:
can't wait for version 3.6 :wink:

Rym

Rym

Level 3
Best map ever in this kind of genre!! A very high quality map.
Keep it up!

Level 20
hey, it's been a while since you announced that v3.6 is coming but im still waiting for it lol
do you know when it's going to be finished?
also in the creeps section you should add murlocs...
i love murlocs :thumbs_up:

EDIT:

I think you will find the following "tutorial" helpful
as it will help a lot with cleaning the memory leaks
first create a variable called "Loc" and set Variabe Type to "Point"
now watch carefully the triggers below

• Set Loc = (Random point in (Playable map area))
  • Item - Create Snake Leather at Loc
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Loc)
what i just showed you was a way to remove locations when you create items at random points
all you have to do is to change the point where you want your items to be created and also change the item type
the third action doesn't need to be changed at all :grin:

here are the triggers if you are having troubles
:fp: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=wnpbw4
i hope this helped you :thumbs_up:
if you have some questions or need help just tell me :wink:

Last edited:

Rym

Rym

Level 3
Weee! new version released!! gonna spread this map in my garena comunity!! ^ ^
thanks for this active map since '06 keep it up!

Level 20
yeah the new version is finally out !!
can't wait to test it out :D

EDIT:
the new version is pretty good !! :thumbs_up:
but i noticed that when your energy/mana goes to 0 the death animation is not played (as use to do in v3.6)
that's all i noticed untill now...if i find anything else i will tell you ;p