• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

is Hive dying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 32
Soon, there will be large activity here when its summer. It's mostly that students such as me don't find time on going here because we are troubled not only in Social but also in School life.

But I don't blame school for this.

By summer, you are describing which months in your area? Me, June-Aug I would review maps everyday :p

if only school was Hive, I'd do my HW

Last edited:

Roland

R

Roland

You know, Hive is not Dying, It's just a bit busy due to personal stuff or the activities of the users here and There is NO WAY That this website will die.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
We've lowered to 6,300 active users right now from over 7,000 two months ago. It's a usual trend, but it seems to get worse year after year.

Google Trends seems to confirm an «is dying» theory. Although, the curve's average does stabilize in the last 2 years.
http://www.google.com/trends/explore?q="hive+workshop"#q="hive workshop"&cmpt=q

For me, I think Hive 2 has the potential to bring SOME activity back, at least if the site makes use of its potentialities, but the one I'm thinking of in particular gets farther from being a solution the more time passes.

We've lowered to 6,300 active users right now from over 7,000 two months ago. It's a usual trend, but it seems to get worse year after year.

Google Trends seems to confirm an «is dying» theory.
http://www.google.com/trends/explore?q="hive+workshop"#q="hive workshop"&cmpt=q

For me, I think Hive 2 has the potential to bring SOME activity back, at least if the site makes use of its potentialities, but the one I'm thinking of in particular gets farther from being a solution the more time passes.

Glad to see it peaked when I was around ;)

Level 22
Or if they decide to make a new expansion to wc3, with engine updates and additional content, yeah that would be great. But that's not gonna happen.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Or if they decide to make WC4... they have to, or else the saga I grew up with meant nothing... else than WoW, aka total bs.

Level 22
It's easier to milk cows with WoW's game design, unlike WCIII's. Moo.
@jondrean: I bet that's going to be an MMORPG too...

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

So... Hive is not dying, it'll die if it keeps focusing on wc3. Why are you guys discussing on "will hive die?"

Edit: Oh my god, Rheiko, why you gave me reputation points for such a worthless post like this :DD

Edit2: Wait, it's kind of cool, me too...

Edit3: Feeling such a sl*t now. I like it ^^

Level 16
I'm here for a long time, at least till i start the real programming, like when i know it well
But for the question:
As said before, more users are coming even that some users are also going away...
So not yet, it i not dying atm
and Ralle
Is there are numbers for Hive 2? like when will it be finished or the % of completion?

Level 8
Would be awesome to see the Hive focusing more on SC2 since lately I've been trying to learn the intricacies of the Galaxy Editor mainly through reading tutorials in SC2Mapster since there are not many (big enough) SC2 modding sites around.

Level 22
Unless someone writes an open source engine for warcraft III (I don't think someone would), or Blizzard releases the source (which will never happen).

Level 22
Yeah, we know, but he also said it's okay if it's something important, and TriggerHappy's post is important. It might breathe new life to modding if the guy (MindworX) decides to share what he's doing making.

Status
Not open for further replies.