• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive's New Hosted Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 40
Aeroblyctos said:
Elitism is a group of powerful people that are great with things they do. Am I right?
Elitism in this case (the sense of the word used in this sort of context, that is, a community of people based around one or more activities) is the complete favoritism of people because they're better at something. Basically, an elitist site would be a site which only accepted what they considered the best of the best (Wc3c's maps section, for example, is elitist).

Seeing as the quality of your map was not brought up by me a single time, I am by no means being elitist.

Level 37
Mechanical Man said:
Seems that this is only way to enforce the answer. At least admins can tell, this project suck, it doesn't match the criteria, how can be improved. But not leave it lying there for months without any response.

I'm not talking about this project, but some friend's one, he said he was first given ok, but then nothing. :/
Yeah, that's our "great admins". Always ruining the fun.

LightBloOD said:
]Aeroblyctos, ive downloaded your map, and palyed twice, BUT: 1st i died at the 1st map and then on the 2nd:p so i have to ask for a.... REVIVAL SYSTEM PLSPLSPLS :D
i just hate when i die in the world's best campaing and i have to click on restart...(and i hate saving in every few minutes...)
and all of my support is yours
Ehh... :D
PLSPLSPLS for you too but maybe it's little too stupid to comment in thread like this? :D

And thanks for your support. :p

PurplePoot said:
Elitism in this case (the sense of the word used in this sort of context, that is, a community of people based around one or more activities) is the complete favoritism of people because they're better at something. Basically, an elitist site would be a site which only accepted what they considered the best of the best (Wc3c's maps section, for example, is elitist).

Seeing as the quality of your map was not brought up by me a single time, I am by no means being elitist.
Ok then, good to hear that. But it was strange that you start to quote some text from a text I made this spring.

Level 14
Ok, this is really going too far. First of all, why are you posting stuff related to the campaigns gameplay here?! And I must congratulate you for "i just hate when i die in the world's best campaign and i have to click on restart...", wait a minute...no I don't!

You know, at first I was supporting this, but you guys have really pointed out how snobbish you are. Sure, it's an alright campaign and, yeah, he did put a lot of work to it, but that's no reason to boast about it like you made The Elder Scrolls V for crying out loud. I create cinematics and even when I know that I made an awesome one I don't say anything, I just humbly write a comment and let the people decide for themselves. Even when the people have stated that it's one of the best series I don't advertise it as such, I just humbly suggest people to watch it, because that's the right thing to do.

I get that you want to get this hosted...wait a second...no, I don't. It's not like a hosted project magically becomes viewed by all and celebrated throughout the world, heck, I don't know if it even gets 20% more attention.

Now, it's one thing to fight for something when you rightfully deserve it, but this...making up random numbers, putting up only half the truth, making multiple accounts(or getting your friends) to post how they support you and on top of all that still thinking you are denied something...that's just outrageous.

I'm sorry, but this...this was just too much. I am not against you, I am just not going to be a part of this anymore. Sorry, but I don't support such behavior.

Level 6
i dont want to post off-topic post so ill be short and ohnest:
If i hurt anyone, anyone's work or anything by my post(i thought it would be a really good idea, but now i see it caused a disaster), i am sorry.
In addition, pls do not think im "snoobish", i just wanted to help, to give ideas.
as i can see everyone has a bad day.. as i do

Level 37
CMarket, it's not me who's summoning this guys. Yes, I summoned 5 people first to show that how people like this campaign but I didn't summon anymore then. But I'm very touched to see such a comments. It really gives me more power to continue with the campaign. Thank you guys!

However, Ghan_04 said to me that no new hosted project will come which means the campaign won't get hosted project status. Very sad, after waiting 6 month.

Now I'm not sure what should I do. However, I have been thinking that somekind of "payment" thing or then I just move everything from this site to Clan x2o. Or then I request someone to do website for me. Time tells.

Level 37
PurplePoot said:
It hasn't even been 4...
You HAVE to remember that I have edited that first page many times. I remember when I made that thread it was spring. Far from summer. The campaign version was... something like 1.5 or something.

Is it possible you to see when it was first time posted? Or do you just see when it was last time edited?

PurplePoot said:
While it definitely could've been shorter, how many times do I need to remind you that making up random numbers and claiming them as the truth won't help your cause?
Okay, mister accurate!

Level 37
Pyritie said:
Elites are the best of the best. Elitism, however, is acting like you're better than everyone else. Similar to snobbish.
Well then, okay.

Ghan_04 said:
I have decided that I won't be taking any new hosted projects for the time being. I kind of think that not as much comes out of them as you might think from the outset....

But anyway, I was considering taking some new ones when we really start to roll out with Starcraft II and Diablo III, because we'll undoubtedly get some new ideas from those games.
So, this has nothing to do with your project personally. I've told a number of other people this same thing.
This was posted in Hosted Project forum. So, after everything, no more hosted projects will not come untill Starcraft 2 or Diablo 3. Very well then, I start to think my next move.

In my opinion, it was a succes to create this thread because I had the answer after all. However, it was a sad answer for me. :p

Good luck to everyone and especially for the guys who supported me.

This thread can be closed.

Level 34
Whoa people I like you! I read everything since my last post here, and this is such:Whoa guys you rocks!
Someone simple should tell him if this is allowed to be in hosted project or not and why, like Ghan just did.
But you went so much off-topic. I saw so many definitions of Elitists; when this thread was created and such less important things which dont help to this thread... but also less talking about his campaign dirrectly. However this show is finally over.

Status
Not open for further replies.