• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hosted projects highlighting suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hive's hosted projects, past as present, does not receive much attention and most people do not even know what maps and campaigns has been completed as hosted projects here at the site. That is understandable because there is not much about those projects unless you actually search through the different forums.

So my suggestion would be to create a "Hosted Projects" category within the map downloads and have all the released maps and campaigns there made by hosted projects of the hive (old as new).

Also there should be, like on Wc3c, a "Completed Projects" display at the bottom of the forums where a short description and a picture of each completed project would be with a link to either the projects forum or the download for it. This ofc. should look a bit different from Wc3c's, give it a Hive feel, but still be sort of like on Wc3c's.

So what do you people think? Discuss!

Level 32
a "Hosted Projects" category within the map downloads and have all the released maps and campaigns there made by hosted projects of the hive (old as new).
I presume that you are referring to the resource section and completed hosted projects would then have their own separate category.
Also there should be, like on Wc3c, a "Completed Projects" display at the bottom of the forums where a short description and a picture of each completed project would be with a link to either the projects forum or the download for it. This ofc. should look a bit different from Wc3c's, give it a Hive feel, but still be sort of like on Wc3c's.
I absolutely agree that these suggestions would add value to our Hive. It will be up to the Chieftain to implement them. However I also agree that we should be very careful about closely mirroring the features of Tim.'s site.

Level 12
Perhaps have the icons at the top?
Going from left to right, if your cursor goes over them, a box appears with a description.

Similiar to the dota heroes/items page, where you can read their descriptions, by moving cursor over them.

If you really wanted to be flashy, could even have them 'moving', like on those news strips.

Yes, Wolverabid I meant the resource section.

And we already copied so much from Wc3c (their rep icons that I still think we should get replaced, and the smilleys) so something like this would not make that big a difference.

And good idea Fulla, though I don't think there is actually enough finnished/released projects to have them sliding by.

Status
Not open for further replies.