• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hosted Projects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Okay... so it's been a long time already I've been wondering how are the "Hosted Projects" really hosted projects?

Like... for real. There is project such as Shadows of the Past that got cancelled years ago and many of the projects (if not all) are not updated.

How is this a good thing? We are marketing dead projects as hosted projects. Shouldn't Hive demand something from those projects or at least remove the dead ones - the last updates can be from 2 years ago, even when the thread is said to be "constantly updated".

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
I don't know where you are looking but all hosted projects but one have posts from 2016 so your argument is kinda invalid.

Though I do feel like the maps there develop so slowly it's just insane.
There should be a rule about having to release it within a year of being hosted.
Because it feels like a few of the hosted projects has been there since I joined.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
I don't know where you are looking but all hosted projects but one have posts from 2016 so your argument is kinda invalid.

Though I do feel like the maps there develop so slowly it's just insane.
There should be a rule about having to release it within a year of being hosted.
Because it feels like a few of the hosted projects has been there since I joined.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/projects.php

referring to this page, doesn't seem very up kept.

Status
Not open for further replies.