• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

is Hive dying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 29
RIP.jpg

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Hive is not a living thing, so it cannot die. It can become less active or more active.

If it is not active at all, it is still very valuable to people starting to learn wc3 modding. There will always be some modders.

I still have plans to expand the SC2 section of the site and I do believe that it will increase activity once again. For now, I don't really mind the quiet.

Level 30
Welcome back warchief. :)

BTW, on to the topic,
As you might notice. Yes it is quite getting quiet here but don't worry for it is just quiet here because some experience maybe problems at life, busy at real life or simply bored maybe and also what you said about being busy on a project can also be one of those reasons I found out to be appropriate.

Level 22
Wait for December, when students have a lot of free time. Then probably there will be more activity.

Okay, here's my 2 cents. This Hidden Messages may contains offensive parts! Open at your own risk!
Hive will never die (or in actual form -> become inactive and not visited) for me. So, bullshit with the parts where "Hive is Dying".
As long as Warcraft 3 and StarCraft 2 is still alive and people will still mod it, Hive will never die.

Some people are busy with real life (ie. school), some other are on vacation and some other are just out of Internet.

So, I ever try myself to not login to Hive at least in one day, and proof that it's hard to do so.

So, the basic answer is, Hive will not die, not until nobody wants to Mod Warcraft nor StarCraft.

Level 22
I am wondering how many twelve year old kids are joining the hive just to say they want to retire and one year later they are still lurking around.
so many of them, i guess?

well, hive become less active.. but won't die unless... ralle doesn't pay for it xD
joking
like ralle said even if hive isn't active at all, it's still very valuable for people who just start to learn wc3 modding

i'm trying to be active as much as i could, but of course it is based on situation here as well.. plus, real life sometimes does prevent me from login to hive.. as daffa said it's hard to not login to hive at least in one day

so even though i'm not active anymore, i will still visit hive :D

Level 21
Is hive dying? - Is Warcraft III dying? - Has been said for years that it is, so I assume it isn't(would be dead already). - Is there any other WC3 modding site that is actually competing with hive? - Not as far as I know.

Thus, it lives.
Also, many of the modders are teens and thus, have school to attend. They just don't have as much time for warcraft as they did in summer.

Wish the old users that left return back to Hive.
And yes, there are many teens modders that interested in Warcraft 3 modding [2 reasons, cheap and easy to learn, some cases also adds that they want to learn coding from Warcraft 3 (as Warcraft 3 is a good place to learn about coding in a minor amount)].

Level 14
I have encountered some innactivity in the forums (eg WEHZ used to have 200+ viewers and at some times nowdays it reaches really low number like now that I'm writing this post look what I see in WEHZ:World Editor Help Zone (51 Viewing)).

That happened I believe because that most active users are having their exams to finish school. And also because of summer.
Before I left for my summer holidays Hive was very active.
Back at september activity massively reduced.

Level 35
Last edited:
Level 22
I remember downloading an omnislash spell from there, I also remember the amount of models that were on that site.

And even then Hive will never vanish, who doesn't still enjoy looking at wc3sear.ch from time to time?

For instance this glorious aprils fool from way back:
http://www.wc3sear.ch/viewtopic.php?t=10404

Good times, even if the joke sadly came true :eekani:

Or this one (Prediction of Starcraft 2): http://www.wc3sear.ch/viewtopic.php?t=10654

Or finally this nostalgic message: wc3sear.ch
Too sad it was shut down, at least Ralle did make it survive.

i wish i was there, at wc3sear.ch
i just didn't join modding yet :sad:
but hive is really entertain me
Same here.

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
i wish i was there, at wc3sear.ch
i just didn't join modding yet :sad:
but hive is really entertain me

Rheiko, look at chobibo's signature :xxd::xxd: he's really mean :xxd::xxd: just kidding
The fuck's wrong with you? white text?
I can't read that, I'm on Low Graphics!
- Me

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 22
It's not okay, that statement is provoking. Adding the just kidding phrase only adds sarcasm and does not refute the previous message.

Still, no harm was done, so I guess it's okay.

EDIT:
I forgot to mention, that this question implies the one being talked to (the reciever) is a moron.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Five posts about how inactivity is caused by school. I hope no one posts about-
Hive isn't dying, it's just that most of the people are busy with their school.

Daffa the Mage, you're kind of late to say that :)

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

You'll never know :D ...about the same thing sixth time that is.

Level 30
Soon, there will be large activity here when its summer. It's mostly that students such as me don't find time on going here because we are troubled not only in Social but also in School life.

But I don't blame school for this.

Level 22
I was expecting activity to increase by December, oh well lol.

okay, I'm sorry. I will stop joking arround.
I think Daffa meant to stop arguing, there's nothing wrong with joking. I apologize too, since I started the argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.