• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Icon Contest #13 - Icons for Director's Cut Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
taking on lindormr dragon, one of my fav models on the hive

here's a 100% complete final version of the icon

Attachments

• BTNLindormr.JPG
    BTNLindormr.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 93
second wip, stupid and sensual deadeye:

View attachment 146915
View attachment 146916

Can't decide if goes with or without the rose XD, it's too much sensuality for a skeleton

Nah, the rose makes it look a bit too comedic.

But I'm back I've started from scratch and I think it's already looking much better.

attachment.php

Don't mind the darkness around the eyes, I was just defining them a little; I think I'll make the hat bigger but in general, it's looking much better.

Attachments

• BrannWiP.png
    BrannWiP.png
    198.4 KB · Views: 329

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Ah, you are all so fast. I am not even done with the basic shape now...

attachment.php

Still many things to change until I can advance to the details. I think about zooming out a bit.

Attachments

• UrsaTank_UnitIcon_Test.png
    UrsaTank_UnitIcon_Test.png
    84.8 KB · Views: 289
  • BTNUrsaTank_UnitIcon_Test.png
    BTNUrsaTank_UnitIcon_Test.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 229

The Panda

Icon Reviewer
Level 57
Just did something with the hair, long way to go.

The hair is bothering me because it should be draped over his shoulders instead of all of the falling in front of him, half of the hair should be behind him and some in front laying on his chest, something like this how you can see the chin and tell the hair is behind him and some in front.

Right, I'm withdrawing from the competition but I'll finish the unit icon, since that was all I was interested in, I don't have the same enthusiasm for ability icons. I'll upload it to the database once it's done. I'm not withdrawing because of the competition (that is and never will be a reason for me to withdraw from anything) but because like I said, I really don't want to do ability icons - I have no inspiration for them; no interest in them and no desire to make them.

I'd like to thank Sin'dorei for making this competition and everyone who gave me support for my first 2D art contest. I'll still be keeping an eye on all the other entrants though to see some of the icons that are produced as a result from this and I'll probably use some of them in one of my maps or another :)

Status
Not open for further replies.