• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to [download | install | configure] JNGP

Level 3
i use jngp myself to (didn't had any probs installing though) but after i pressed the custom world editor categories, and afterwarts disabling it i'm unable to change the names or discriptions of units. the name and discription categories are completely gone. pls help

awesome!! BUT is the Test Map(Ctrl + F9) supposed to NOT work?
because it's a bit annoying having to switch to normal editor every time I want to test map:(

Give more info and we can help. From what I can tell, the most common reason why the test map has problems is because it goes straight to the Warcraft 3 main menu upon opening. The fix is to save twice before testing. (unless you have the option set that automatically saves twice for you)

However, if something else is happening, then it would be a different problem entirely. A few questions:
  • What happens when you click test map?
  • Does this happen for all maps that you try to test?
  • Do you have any anti-virus programs running?
  • Is your NewGen edited at all?

Then we might be able to help. I know saving twice seems like a troll response but it is something necessary for the maps to be able to be tested using the test map feature. :)

Level 20
Give more info and we can help. From what I can tell, the most common reason why the test map has problems is because it goes straight to the Warcraft 3 main menu upon opening. The fix is to save twice before testing. (unless you have the option set that automatically saves twice for you)

However, if something else is happening, then it would be a different problem entirely. A few questions:
  • What happens when you click test map?
  • Does this happen for all maps that you try to test?
  • Do you have any anti-virus programs running?
  • Is your NewGen edited at all?

Then we might be able to help. I know saving twice seems like a troll response but it is something necessary for the maps to be able to be tested using the test map feature. :)
-When i click test it minimizes we and a cmd appears for a sec, then closes and nothing happens.
-It happens only when i try to test maps while using JNGP WE, normal WE runs maps just fine.
-Yes i have Avast Anti-Virus Home Edition running
-Nope it's not edited, i downloaded it from the links on this page.

Try disabling Avast or adding JNGP as an exception. It might be preventing some jngp processes from being performed.

MindWorX said:
My antivirus software reports viruses, is this package infected?

No, some antivirus tools just think it is due to the nature of this tool, that works by injecting its own code into the process of the WE. Most tools allow to setup an exception for such cases, some have to be turned off though (like Kaspersky, see below). Here's a list of tools that have been reported to cause trouble with NewGen:

* Avira Antivir detects several of the files as trojans, you can choose ignore for the reports and whitelist those files later to fix the problem. (Extras\Configuration, activate export mode, under both Scanner\Scan\Exceptions and Guard\Scan\Exceptions add the offending files to the list)
* Kaspersky Antivirus also gives false alarm and it's not possible to effectively whitelist NewGen. You need to turn Kaspersky off to use NewGen (see several questions below).
* EZ Antivirus silently quarantines some files breaking the editor completely. You need to turn it off before even downloading the pack, but then you should be able to whitelist NewGen, once it's installed.
* Avast Antivirus reports false viruses. It is possible to whitelist NewGen in its configuration though.
* AVG reports false viruses and may silently delete required files. I don't know if you can set an exception in AVG.
* F-secure reports several false viruses but you can make it ignore the NewGen files.
* McAfee VirusScan Enterprise also detects some files as viruses but allows to set an exception for those.
Check the forums if you have trouble with your antivirus software and NewGen.

Level 2
So, what have i done wrong? the reinventing the craft is not coming up when i start WE? ( the button on the menu)

edit: nvm :)

Level 6
I have this thing called smartscreen filter and everytime i try to download it, it says it wont let it because it detected viruses
edit: oh wait jk lol i figured out how to disable it by looking up a tutorial on it

Level 12
umm... guys, there is a little problem with the download link

Notice: Undefined index: PmxBlog_blogbutton in /home/content/16/6058216/html/Sources/Subs.php on line 4167
Fatal error: Call to undefined function AllowedToBlog() in /home/content/16/6058216/html/Sources/Subs.php on line 4169

Level 15
umm... guys, there is a little problem with the download link

Notice: Undefined index: PmxBlog_blogbutton in /home/content/16/6058216/html/Sources/Subs.php on line 4167
Fatal error: Call to undefined function AllowedToBlog() in /home/content/16/6058216/html/Sources/Subs.php on line 4169

Thanks, I'll let moyack know.

Thanks for the report. I did an update to my page and it seems it affected the direct downaload system. You can use this link meanwhile but you must be registered in my site to download it: http://blizzardmodding.info/media/sa/media/in/314/dl//

Level 4
I know this question has been brought up before but it wasn't answered. I tried to run the New Gen Editor as Admin but I got an error message which stated that the program couldn't hack game.dll and that I should check some log. Here's the logs:

ongameload.txt:
loading kernel32.dll
loading blizzard.ax
loading Game.dll
Game.dll loaded...pausing and running script
Error: RegisterNatives signature not found

Could somebody help me with this? It's the 1.5e version.

Edit. My copy of the game is The Frozen Throne patched up to 1.26. It's a legal copy and I'm running it on Windows 7 with the JNGP folder in exceptions list in my Anti-Virus program (it hasn't warned again).
Edit. 2 I clicked the wrong program, heh. It seems to be working now.

Level 11
Hey guys,

So I started using 5d for a little while here, and something odd happened... Everything has been compiling correctly until one random point I tried saving, and an error pops up on a system that has always worked and has never been modified. I'm not sure if you are familiar with the Multibar system on wc3c.net, but I keep getting the error: "Struct found inside function", Ive tried disabling all other code in the map except this system and the error still shows.

I'm not sure if this is an error with 5d or in my code. If you would like to take a look at it for me please message me. :)

Thanks!

p.s LOVE 5e :)

Level 2
Can't Even Get to Step 1

I click the download button, it downloads, my download list pulls up saying it's downloaded the zip, and I can't click on it. I can't even open containing folder. :vw_death:

I've downloaded it twenty times and I get the same bloody error all twenty times. I got desperate enough that I did an entire search of my C-Drive for it. It shows up there, but I click on it and it still claims Windows can't find it. I'm at my wits end here; what do? :ogre_rage:

Level 2
stop your antivirus, download JNGP, extract to a folder, add the folder to your antivirus' exception list, then reactivate your antivirus

So just turn off my Firewall, and then try to download it?

Tried that; didn't work.

Last edited:
Your firewall isn't necessarily an antivirus. ;) If you have an antivirus, such as McAfee, Norton, or AVG, etc.. then you have to follow the steps as Adiktuz described.

If you don't have any antiviruses, then take a screenshot of the error. Alternatively, you can google the error. Usually there will be several other people who have had your problem. I don't think it is necessarily an issue with NewGen.

Level 2
Your firewall isn't necessarily an antivirus. ;) If you have an antivirus, such as McAfee, Norton, or AVG, etc.. then you have to follow the steps as Adiktuz described.

If you don't have any antiviruses, then take a screenshot of the error. Alternatively, you can google the error. Usually there will be several other people who have had your problem. I don't think it is necessarily an issue with NewGen.

That's the frustrating thing; there's no error message. I go to my Download List, click on the NewGen folder, but nothing happens. I click and click and click and click and I don't get an option to open it in a new folder like I normally would, nor can I extract it, and neither can I find its containing folder. It tells me it's there, but it is not by all accounts. I'd almost have to screencapture it to you to show you what's happening.

Also, I'm having a hard time finding my AntiVirus Software. I know I have it, but it's being all "Teehee I'm not really on your computer! Please go back to bashing your head against your desk at how close yet so far you are to being able to finish this map!:ogre_hurrhurr:"

I know there's a way to do this; hundreds of people have made maps well outside of the normal doodad range and they saved them and ran them just fine. What am I doing wrong here? I'm literally -begging- for help on this.

Why should i not able this :
[ ] Enable no limits ?

Sorry if someone ask this before I didn't read the 11 whole page of messages.

Those are just recommended settings. Before, a lot of things could go wrong with the installation (particularly because of RtC). However, this isn't as necessary now since the downloads were updated.

You can enable no limits if you'd like to.