• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to [download | install | configure] JNGP

i do not have the menu reinventing the craft.

Yes, if you downloaded JassNewGen pack recently, it might not have that menu. Ignore that step, unless it gives errors.

Is there anyway to only use the Unable no limit function only?

Yes, you may manually determine which features are enabled via the toolbar.
attachment.php

Just search the toolbar and uncheck everything you don't need. The key things you will want are Grimoire -> Enable no limits, Grimoire -> Enable Object Editor Hack (it will probably help you overall), and UMSWE -> Enable UMSWE.

Attachments

• toolbar.jpg
    toolbar.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 1,719
Level 4
Erm... when I loaded my map with JNGP, it said that this map was made with a more recent editor... at first I didn't care about that message and tried a few things. When I saved, it compiled about 46xx errors about my triggers because of some unknown functions of this editor...

what is the point of using such editor if it's weaker than the normal WE ?

Level 4
It caught problems? All of my triggers are working fine and it shows me error in all of them... I don't get it...

Level 4
Do you by any chance hit syntax check? coz that one is awful...

Yeah I did so...

At first I thought this would be a good idea to check it just in case I make any errors...

And yes I use some custom scripts...

Anyway I don't like how it warns me when I load my map, it says something like this map as been created with a more recent editor and might contain data that is not understood by this editor ... something like that... what would be the point of using an Editor that contains less stuff than the normal one?

SckZ said:
Anyway I don't like how it warns me when I load my map, it says something like this map as been created with a more recent editor and might contain data that is not understood by this editor ... something like that... what would be the point of using an Editor that contains less stuff than the normal one?

its just that the version of WE that JNGP isn't updated anymore contrary to the normal WE, but as far as the editor is concerned, the only thing that it doesn't support fully is GUI hashtables (can use GUI hashes but not to the full extent, but fully supports jass hashtables)... while the things that it gives you (like greater map area, no doodad limit, more tiles and ofc vJASS compiling) is far greater than the loss of GUI hashes... overall, it actually has more stuff than the normal editor, and the warning is just due to the fact that the written version for NewGen is lower than the version of the normal WE (when updated to the latest patches)...

and never use the syntax check, just hit the save button...

Level 4
its just that the version of WE that JNGP isn't updated anymore contrary to the normal WE, but as far as the editor is concerned, the only thing that it doesn't support fully is GUI hashtables (can use GUI hashes but not to the full extent, but fully supports jass hashtables)... while the things that it gives you (like greater map area, no doodad limit, more tiles and ofc vJASS compiling) is far greater than the loss of GUI hashes... overall, it actually has more stuff than the normal editor, and the warning is just due to the fact that the written version for NewGen is lower than the version of the normal WE (when updated to the latest patches)...

and never use the syntax check, just hit the save button...

Alright

So there's no update for JNGP?

Level 4
which models? also, you should hit save button first before trying to use models... and be sure that the textures are already there in the right path before saving...

custom models, one of them is working and the other one won't... actually it's imported icon works fine but the model won't appear for some reason... I tried to re-import it but that doesn't fix it... that's just weird...

and yeah I saved, I even closed/reopened the map to be certain...

Level 4
I mean which specific model is it... I know its a custom one, why would you import it if its there by default anyways...

it's not there by default, it's a model I downloaded from some forum, anyway it's a model of Serge from the game Chrono Cross but it was working on the normal WE, the icon is working on JNGP, only the model isn't...

Level 4
then there shouldn't be any problem if it works in-game even if you used JNGP... btw, what does it show on JNGP, a green checked box or it just doesn't show?

The icon is working properly, but there's no hero model.. I mean... you can only see it's shadow on the ground...

with the normal WE I could see the model, but I can't with JNGP and I haven't changed anything

Level 4
maybe its the way of the import... and an icon has no relation to a model you know... maybe you mistook the icon for the texture?

could you upload the map and I'll look at what you did wrong...

I didn't do any mistake, it's the same file and sorry but I don't feel like sharing my map for the moment being. Anyway it was just some kind of test, I've never used custom model and I wanted to try one or two and see how this work.

Thank you for helping me.

Level 8
Any idea if JNGP works on Windows 7? I tried running the executable and it just says 'An instance of World Editor seems to be running already.'

Level 12
Reinstall the newest version and disable RtC. Make sure your anti-virus is off so it doesn't automatically block Reinventing the Craft.

Otherwise you can always test inside Warcraft III.

Level 12
Actually, I think it is. Either ways, reinstall that version and make sure your Anti-Virus doesn't remove RtC (it will do so even if you say you allow it) so you have to turn it off while downloading. Then disable it.

Level 8
hey, about the 'Disable rtc', where can i find that???

It doesn't show up for everyone (not sure why, I think maybe its because of anti-virus programs blocking it) but if it doesn't appear in your JNPG then don't worry about it, it doesn't matter. Also, the RTC will always appear where the picture in the first post shows it to be, at the end of the top toolbar, so if it's not there, you're good.

Level 12
It doesn't show up for everyone (not sure why, I think maybe its because of anti-virus programs blocking it) but if it doesn't appear in your JNPG then don't worry about it, it doesn't matter. Also, the RTC will always appear where the picture in the first post shows it to be, at the end of the top toolbar, so if it's not there, you're good.

It does matter. Not disabling RTC will not let you test your map with the 'Test Map' button. This also prevents things like AI Editor testing, and other things that open WCIII through the World Editor.

Level 8
It does matter. Not disabling RTC will not let you test your map with the 'Test Map' button. This also prevents things like AI Editor testing, and other things that open WCIII through the World Editor.

Well IDK I haven't disabled mine (because it doesn't appear) and testing Wc3 through the World Editor is the ONLY thing I haven't been able to do. If being unable to do this is the only problem I really don't think it's a big deal. I've never messed with the AI Editor so I don't know about that.

I just save my map to the map folder in wc3 and open wc3 when I want to test my map.

Last edited:
What I'm curious about is whether anyone has gotten the bug from the most recent download of Jass NewGen Pack. Every time I download it, that toolbar is gone and the editor works fine.

Alternatively, people can also download this:
http://sc2modding.info/warcraft3/wc3-editing-tools/jass-new-generation-pack-(jngp)/

Which is already updated and ready to go. (I am pretty sure it has RtC disabled, but I can't remember)

Level 10
I have a weird problem : I'm not able to play an edited map containing vJass. I followed all the steps one by one, I even turned off Kaspersky, rebooted my PC, re-installed the JNGP, but still : when I test a map freshly downloaded, it will run perfectly until I edit it. (Yes save my map berfore testing it)
Plz help, I'm going CRAZY