• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to [download | install | configure] JNGP

Level 6
Hey Arc,
I looked through this thread 2x
I did what it said 3x
But the RtC Menu option just doesn't appear...
74467716.jpg

...:(

Level 6
oh, I just noticed
Anachron said:
[X] Disable default description nag
??? Don't know. Sorry.

If you go save a map in normal WE and you haven't changed name from "Just anther warcraf 3 map" Then a dialog pops up, letting you know that you haven't.
This disables/enables that dialog.

Level 1
I know, I'm a bit late with the things, but, when I first downloaded the WEU, and opened my map, what I made in the normal editor, my map simply, crashed, and I couldn't open it with the normal editor also, so, my work was just out of the window... :S
Will this also happen with the JNGP? Can I open that map safely, without crashing the map?

Level 2
Hey guys,

I have a problem with Extensions -> Edit Tileset
For example I run it and I add a few new tiles. Then after clicking 'Ok' I get the loading bar 'Progress'. Finally then I open up Terrain Palette the new tiles (I have added) dosn't show up.
However if I go to Extensions -> Edit Tileset again it show's that there are new tiles (I just added) but they simply do not show up on the Terrain Palette.

I also tried saving the map and opening again. Doesn't work. :goblin_jawdrop:

Any suggestions? Thank you.

Level 8
Yeah I have the same problem with the tiles. I know you said not the place to ask but... then where! There is no JNPG forum. I am lost!

Level 8
Hmm I see the JNGP thread for the tool which the creator started, but no forum. I've also searched the thread, no answer.

Level 8
Bah! Sorry for my hastiness. I had forgotten to read the readme I had gotten so used to posting issues on hives! My bad sorry.

Anyways here's the answer, to help that other guy too.

"By clicking on the tile icons you can add/remove it to/from your map. The max is 16 tiles for each map. When you're satisfied with your changes click the ok button to apply them, then close and reopen your map without resaving it, and your new tiles should show up in the terrain palette. The configuration dialog might spit out a warning if you removed or replaced cliff tiles with non-cliff tiles. This can only cause problems if the removed/replaced tile has actually been used for cliffs in your map, otherwise it's safe to ignore the warning."

Silly thing like that cost me an hour or more!

Also, the readme is very detailed and will probably answer any questions people have really. You might want to mention at the end of the tutorial that people should read it if they have any questions about actually using the modified editor. It can be found in the extracted folder named 'NewGenReadme.html'.

Level 2
Bah! Sorry for my hastiness. I had forgotten to read the readme I had gotten so used to posting issues on hives! My bad sorry.

Anyways here's the answer, to help that other guy too.

"By clicking on the tile icons you can add/remove it to/from your map. The max is 16 tiles for each map. When you're satisfied with your changes click the ok button to apply them, then close and reopen your map without resaving it, and your new tiles should show up in the terrain palette. The configuration dialog might spit out a warning if you removed or replaced cliff tiles with non-cliff tiles. This can only cause problems if the removed/replaced tile has actually been used for cliffs in your map, otherwise it's safe to ignore the warning."

Silly thing like that cost me an hour or more!

Also, the readme is very detailed and will probably answer any questions people have really. You might want to mention at the end of the tutorial that people should read it if they have any questions about actually using the modified editor. It can be found in the extracted folder named 'NewGenReadme.html'.

Finaly. Yes, it helped me too. Thank you nickel510 :ogre_haosis: