• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to: Attach weapons to units that allready have weapons (without modelling)

Level 2
And what i need on this? : a image editing program that can edit and save in Tga. Format ( I will guide Photoshop users)

Level 1
I did everything that it was written in the turtorial but he stills keeping the original blade on his hands. Can anyone help me?

Level 2
Holy Crap!!!

um i tried the tut, but it wont show up in game. i used the model (marine). so i can make a fun little map of Dawn of war, and i tried to attach my model of an imperial bolter to the right hand of my guy. so i imported and wanted to give it to him via picking up an item....it didnt work. maybe because i did the ability one and the item one. if so is that the problem?:confused:

Level 2
you can remove the team color but not the hero glow, but you won't be able to see that in-game

Sorry for the Double Post - But one other problem I'm having - and wonder if you have a cure. I just want to remove the Axe and not add a new weapon (maybe I'll eventually add a tome (as i'm making a Dwarf paladin). However, After erasing the Axe (which works beautifully), i still get the Axe outline of the Hero Glow in game...

Thanks again.

Level 11
I was very frustrated because I wasn't able to see the sword I was trying to implement in the editor. Then, I read what you had written and I was relieved. ^^ Excellent tutorial, covers all possible needs.

Level 1
Huh?

Riight... i did excaclty as the guide sayd and when i equipped the item so i cud get the model on Illidan.... it didnt appear... help me plz.

Level 4
seem like alot of work it would be alot easyer if hiveworkshop would add a video making sorta thing...lol :p ALOT easy that woudl bee

Level 1
Finding the Textures

Hi, I've only gotten as far as opening WC3 Image extractor, and in the tutorial it doesn't describe further what you do when you've opened that program. I don't know where to go to open the textures.

Level 11
I tried the first time, and it works! OMG!
The only nagging think is that the hero will still have a bit of glow form its original weapon. Its not a complicated procedure, except from when removing the original weapon witch requires skills. Either than that everything works the first time.

I'm so surprised im gonna make an aos or maybe an rpg, cuz i just down loaded got LOTS of Attachments:

-swords, spears, bows, axes, shields, staffs, cloaks, belts, boots, gauntlets, claws, quivers, backpacks, guns, jetpacks, and yes even lighsabres!

Level 2
Man i don't got the part of the tigger.
in Until- add dragon sword. I don't find that only to add abilities and that where is it?

Level 2
im tryna make a map whaere you pick upp an item example "staff and you get a staff but i tried to follow your instructions on items buut i couldnt work out the triggers ??
:confused::bored::cry::sad:

Level 1
Just TGA may be the right format that wc3viewer can save :cute:
How to do it with WC3 Viewer? or could you just send it the skin of illidan with a finish version with no weapon in .blp formet plz PM and i can send hotmail plz help me :D

Last edited:
Level 3
Great tutorial, I decided I would try this simply to add weapons to units that don't have them instead, and.... It worked! Yay!

Level 1
Trigger

Where can i find this trigger? Unit - Add Dragon Sword to (Picked unit)??
And also thanks cuz i never knew how to do this! really thanks a lot! :thumbs_up: