• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how to attachment and then erase the original weapon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
How to: Attach weapons to units that allready have weapons (without modelling)
How to: Attach a Model or an Effect to a Unit << i have seen it
and i have follow the instructions but when it done the hero which has the weapon become wearing 3 weapon "How to: Attach weapons to units that allready have weapons (without modelling)" <<< as you can see in this tutorial illidan doesnt has a weapon so when you attach the weapon it become perfect but how about you attach the weapon to the hero which already has a weapon ?? the hero will look weird and the style attack of hero will look weird too because he wear 3 sword.

and how to roll back the original weapon of hero when the item drop ???

Note : the model weapon i attach it in the item ability so when the hero get the item he will get attachment. I attach in right and left hand

Level 2
what i want is when the original weapon on hero will dispear when he acquire the item which has the item ability ( which i have put an attachment) the hero will get new weapon and if hero put down or drop the item the original weapon of hero will roll back

Level 2
its same part A to E i had tried it the original weapon of hero cant be disable unleash you delete the hero original weapon but it will look weird if that hero on the x hero map

Level 7
You have to do modeling then.

It is in the skin that the weapon is removed, you cant change skin in triggers only... you have to remove the original weapon of the unit in "vertex modifier"..
it is so easy...
after that take another unit model file, but the same unit..(confusing?)
save 2 files of the same unit..thats it ^^
example...
File 1 : Paladin.mdl
File 2 : PaladinWeapon.mdl

You can find these files from wc3viewer or magos model editor...save as and write the file name..(dont forget to write .mdl after the name)

what to do in File 1?
remove the weapon and the save.

what to do in file 2?
remove NOT the weapon..remove all body parts EXCEPT the wep.
after that, move the whole weapon unit the axis is placed perfectly on the handle of the weapon...(there is were the unit holds the weapon) and then click "save geoset"

And then create an ability in sphere (copy and paste)..and then remove evrything on it like "sphere"...attachment target should be the weapon of the unit...(FILE 2)..and write left or right, hand in attachment points.

second ability is the same with the first one, the difference is the weapon you will put in attachment target.

making other weapon is only editing, like you did in File 2..

Triggers...
i'll make it short...
if a unit loses an item..= remove (2nd ability) to triggering unit.. and add (1st ability) to triggering unit

if a unit acquires an item..= remove 1st ability to triggering unit.. and add 2nd abilityto triggering unit

Step 1: remove weapon in VM
Step 2: create weapon in VM
Step 3: Custom abilities
Step 4: Triggers
Step 5: add rep..i typed so LONG ^^ XD

Status
Not open for further replies.