1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

How To Create A Hero Tavern

Discussion in 'General Mapping Tutorials' started by Flame_Phoenix, May 4, 2007.

1. Wolverabid

Wolverabid

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think you recently took some steps BACKWARD, Flame_Phoenix.

etc. etc. etc.

In my opinion the above are examples of (what I personally would consider to be) "vertical spam."

Those portions of the tutorial
    1. Distract the reader's attention.
    2. Add unnecessary vertical lines to the document, making it more difficult to read.
    3. Do not DESCRIBE anything: they simply exist.

If you wish to leave them, I would recommend providing DETAIL for those items:
    • (image1) >===> (detailed description of image1.)
    • "Section 2" >===> accurate description/title for Section 2.

The [goto] and [point] tags are temporarily disabled. They will be restored as Ralle exterminates the bugs related to the recent vBulletin upgrade.

2. Flame_Phoenix

Flame_Phoenix

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    WolveRabid the ---------------------------------------- are not there just to spam or to distract readers attention. They have a reason of being there, which is to separate the different sections of my tutorial. The simple------------ informs me and other people about when a section ends and about when a sections starts. Their main reason is not to simply exist, it is to separate and i believe they make the reading of the tutorial easier for everyone.
    I don't want this to be considered as spam, because it is not meant to be it. In other websites there is a command that creates an horizontal line in the document, separating it in two different sections. Because I couldn't find that command available here, I decided to create the line myself.
    I can give more detail to the separating lines, so than people don't think it's just another line in the tutorial. I don't know what else i can do.

3. Wolverabid

Wolverabid

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    In fact the Chieftain has included a vBulletin horizontal rule tag for us to use.

[hr]500[/hr]

produces this horizontal rule:

Please keep horizontal rule widths to 640 pixels or less.

4. Flame_Phoenix

Flame_Phoenix

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hii al again. Thanks for telling me the

5. Flame_Phoenix

Flame_Phoenix

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Anyway do you know when will my map be ready to move to the next section ???

6. sonkan1

sonkan1

Resources:
    Resources:
    ook, i think you can make this one clearer and i think you´w messed a thing up in the tot, but elles a really good toto =)) btw, use the path of sight blockers and the both path blockers (includes both air and foot,) (\(-.,,.-)/) (the wierd fish man in pirates of the carabein)

7. xXShoguNXx

xXShoguNXx

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great Tut!

Well what can i say this tutorial made may day.Thanks a lot...Ive tryed to do it my self to solve this particular problem by looking other ppl's maps but i always got stuck in those "programing" stuff.Thnx once again...

8. Flame_Phoenix

Flame_Phoenix

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It is I that should be thanking you xXShogunXx for telling me that. It is really very encouraging. But why do only this ? Keep your eyes in my tutorial, i will soon add path blockers sonkan1 suggested, path blockers are not really 100% necessary but they help a map to reach perfection. Soon, my next tutorials will be about making Hero reviver systems or auras (all kinds of auras day/night triggered, non triggered, etc.) or dueling systems for heroes and teams. Hope you enjoy it too when the time comes. Another thing i was not able to read your message, can you send it again please ?

9. Xuji

Xuji

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thank u very much for this tutorial it helped me alot!

10. Flame_Phoenix

Flame_Phoenix

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    No problem Xuji. It i s always a pleasure to help good people.
    Well Guys I've finished my last section - the Path Blockers. Please feel free to comment it, I want to make my tutorial as best as possible.
    With this last section finished i think i have finally ended my tutorial. However, there is one remaining question: are the jump tags (go to) already working ??? I would like to use them in my tutorial.
    By the way, how can i create a movie for my tutorial ?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2007
  11. Wolverabid

Wolverabid

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Tutorial Approved!

[broke=+ REP !]Flame_Phoenix:[/broke] if you ever wish to edit or revise the document, please do so with the interests of the average user in mind.

~ Thread renamed and moved to General Mapping Tutorials.

12. Flame_Phoenix

Flame_Phoenix

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thx, when will it be moved ?

13. Katu

Katu

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well then, I've read tutorials of creating a hero tavern before reading yours, but I can say that yours are more user friendly than the others. 4.9/5

... and +rep for usefulness.

14. Flame_Phoenix

Flame_Phoenix

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thx for your opinion Katu =)
    Btw, i just clicked in the tutorial reputation points and i was like impressed to see the reputation "Excellent". It is really good to see that hard work is rewarded. I am surprised ... it feels really good.... Anyway, that reputation stuff, just gave me the strength i needed to start my next tutorial, which will be about icons. Thx everyone.

Keep posting plz :grin:

Last edited: Jul 14, 2007
  15. kebabmeat

kebabmeat

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think it's pretty good.

16. Flame_Phoenix

Flame_Phoenix

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thx by your nice comment. Remember to give rep points =) lol.

17. kebabmeat

kebabmeat

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh, shit, forgot it :p

~Added Reputation points~

18. Flame_Phoenix

Flame_Phoenix

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Lol, thx =).

i see that you are a modeler and skinner. You may be want to have a look on my icons tutorial as well.

19. kebabmeat

kebabmeat

Resources:
    Resources:
    Maybe I will, it would be very intresting, actually.

20. thisruoy

thisruoy

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Nice tutorial +rep