• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive's 2D Manipulation Workshop

Hahaha, I am glad that you like it, even if it is not perfect. :)
Just a hint, the text is a bit blurry if you use the logo at 100% size.
As I said, maybe re-size it to 50% and use it as a smaller one wearing it over the heart.

Not Sure what is it for, but If you want 0 Blur and something Super Sharp, Could Try Adobe Illustrator, Vector = No Blur

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Hm, if you know the equivalent for GIMP, I don't use the super-expensive Adobe..

I will google it, maybe I find it, thanks!

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

@Arad MNK

Here, did what you wanted to, simply copy pasting it.
I could fix one or another pixel, but say what you think :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm.... Mind If I join?

Condition is:
-No Guarantee on accepting or finishing request as I might be Busy
-More to Part-Timer :p
-I'm still quite fresh at this part, so quality might be not as good

Do:
Hand-drawn Stuff such as Icon, Super Ultimate Low Quality Digital Painting Attempt
And Hopefully skin (I never Try Before but Could do)

Outta Idea to practice :p Here could give me some Inspiration :p might as well help the others hehe

Level 17
@Arad MNK

Here, did what you wanted to, simply copy pasting it.
I could fix one or another pixel, but say what you think :)

*Clap Clap Clap*
Great job! Outstanding! Only and Only 1 thing:

The Border Leaves are Darker than corner leaves and the logs (I know you CnPed, but I again discovered I suck at predicting) are a bit Too Bright. Simply Darken the Logs and Brighten the Border Leaves and This will be GREAT AS HELL!

- As long as the normal Size is 10kb, having up to ~40 kb is still OK to me.

PS: As I have already said, uploading it to the skin section could also be a fascinating idea :)

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Hmm.... Mind If I join?
Outta Idea to practice :p Here could give me some Inspiration :p might as well help the others hehe
Hahaha, welcome to the team, Hayate, I am glad you finally join ;)

@Arad MNK

Ahh, I see, I change that.

Arad MNK said:
PS: As I have already said, uploading it to the skin section could also be a fascinating idea :)
Nah, I remember that uploading stuff in the official resource sections depresses me, since they want a 100% tiptopsuperdupa quality with following all the rules. Just tired of getting Needs Fix, it is simply depressing.

Hahaha, welcome to the team, Hayate, I am glad you finally join ;)

@Arad MNK

Ahh, I see, I change that.

Nah, I remember that uploading stuff in the official resource sections depresses me, since they want a 100% tiptopsuperdupa quality with following all the rules. Just tired of getting Needs Fix, it is simply depressing.

I have around 2 pages of Needfix Model :p Sounds Fun? Gehehhe

Level 15
Hmm.... Mind If I join?

Condition is:
-No Guarantee on accepting or finishing request as I might be Busy
-More to Part-Timer :p
-I'm still quite fresh at this part, so quality might be not as good

Do:
Hand-drawn Stuff such as Icon, Super Ultimate Low Quality Digital Painting Attempt
And Hopefully skin (I never Try Before but Could do)

You're not that bad.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

@Members
I take a break from Hive soon to recover, I count on you that you continue your great work in our workshop in the mean time!

----

@Arad MNK
Here, now it might be too bright, didn't test it ..

Level 17
@Members
I take a break from Hive soon to recover, I count on you that you continue your great work in our workshop in the mean time!

----

@Arad MNK
Here, now it might be too bright, didn't test it ..

OK Gonna Test.

EDIT:

Either I was unclear, or something went wrong.

Tested In-Game, and here are some Errors.

1) The Corners are still too bright. Darken them a bit to fit the Borders Please :D
2) The Positioning isn't correct. The Borders seemed Up-and-down. IIRC the Last version didn't have this error.
3) The Quality can be improved since It is texture, not a line.

I think Redoing from V2 Will be Easier for you due to Error 2).

+REP if I can.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

A welcome to our newest artist, Roland!

@Arad MNK: Hm, I will remake it from scratch, the logs weren't correctly placed, too.
About quality, the texture is only pixels big, it is hard to have clear details.

Roland

R

Roland

Hey guys, It's me the king of the Hill, Roland - I'm a Hobbyist digital artist and I love graphics designing and nibbling with my wacom tablet I can make all kinds of graphics depending on a customer wants, Simply create another pastebin (Even outside the hive) and Fill these graphics requirement sheet > Click < Enough of the first Naggy nag nag here's my previous samples on the previous workshop I worked for.

2a4zv54.jpg
That's an example of my previous work.. BUT WAIT! If you want to see MORE and MORE Samples simply click my NEW Portfolio on my signature
Here's my rules:
Rules

1. Your request cannot be undone in time due to personal issues in real life and school life I am not also available on weekdays because I'm occupied with school.
  2. If you want seek contact to me, Just reply on my portfolio thread easily if you're not added on my friendlist/contact list on Hive. but for those who really want me to seek contact please don't be shy but to add me as a friend then we'll begin talk graphics business there c:
  3. No pro-work requests please, I'm still a rookie on doing graphics and digital arts, That's all I can do. I just wanted to help c:
  4. Do not be impatient and demanding during the request.
More Link(s):
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2560016-post199.html

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

@Arad MNK What about this ? It is more compact, but dark.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

If you say so, I think it is quite bolded, but if you are satisfied :)

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

242601-albums8343-picture101506.png

Greetings, my fellow 2D artists! The time has come we update our main post's workshop banner!

Are you up for a challenge ? Create a new header art for our first post and receive endless glory and prestige!

You can participate by announcing your participation here in the thread!

Participation Rules and Information

You don't have to be a member of this workshop to participate
You may not ask others to help you with anything related to the challenge material
The expression 'challenge' has nothing to do with the Challenge section of Hiveworkshop, you cannot lose reputation during this challenge
The final entries will be evaluated by the participants themselves
The winning header of this challenge will become our new workshop header.

You may choose any theme for your header, considering Hive rules
May step back from adding font already, but leave three different spots, one for a main introduction and two for additional information

Previous header: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/242601-albums8343-picture100367.html

Example for a good base: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/242601-albums8343-picture101433.html

For now, there is no time limit, I will announce one once some participants are registered.

Headers not winning the challenge will be archived and might be used in the future, too.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Great to hear guys :)

Remember, it is not important who 'wins', just have fun creating something :)

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Alright, great to hear guys!

Roland, ~Nightmare, Rex. and Edge45, how much time you think you will need ?

How does the 1. October sound as deadline ?

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Alright, if all agree, then I would say the deadline is Sunday, the 11th of October.

Roland

R

Roland

Alright, great to hear guys!

Roland, ~Nightmare, Rex. and Edge45, how much time you think you will need ?

1. I'm restricted to use to computer (Once when my aunty isn't home nor my relatives I can get a chance to use it)
2. Stupid school requirements shoving my anus
3. I don't know maybe I'll roll-back (Quit aswell)
4. Got no time to design shit

ILH

ILH

Model Reviewer
Level 26
I would like to have the Imbued Gunpowder edited like in my concept below.
attachment.php

Yep, having the rifle doubled, extra detail (more smokes) could be added too.
I don't know if this icon is already available yet, I already searched in the Icon section.

EDIT: Request Cancelled

Attachments

• temp.PNG
    temp.PNG
    103.1 KB · Views: 381
  • BTNHumanMissileUpThree.JPG
    BTNHumanMissileUpThree.JPG
    2.4 KB · Views: 174
  • BTNHumanMissileUpThree.blp
    7.8 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
I would like to have the Imbued Gunpowder edited like in my concept below.
attachment.php

Yep, having the rifle doubled, extra detail (more smokes) could be added too.
I don't know if this icon is already available yet, I already searched in the Icon section.

Not Accepting yet, (Because might be out of my Ability)
but, basicly, double the rifle and more smoke?

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

@Contest Interested

Roland, if you need more them, just do so, it is not a problem, this 'contest' is just for fun :)

I also decided I am not going to evaluate the results, instead we will talk about them here in the workshop, choosing one as the first one in a long row of new great headers you guys created :)

---

@Hayate Just say if you take it :)

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Yes, start whenever you want to, there is more than enough time :)

There is no need to post WIPs ( but you can of course), but make sure to give the sources/credits if you use material you did not create yourself!

Roland

R

Roland

When it comes to me in designing, Copyright rules doesn't matter for me. All I need is shoving images and creativity (Well, I don't steal the full images, I only steal ideas and making it more different and my own version :p)

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

If you take an image as reference and re-create it a 100% yourself, then you don't have to give credits, though I strongly recommend to add a reference link, since it is respecting the original creators work. You and your work would like to be respected, too, don't you *looking at your portfolio description*

Once you cut something out, copy paste something, even a small detail, just add a reference link.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Good job, Rex.! Creative!

One hint, I recommend a size so that it does not stretch the page.
-> It should, in the best case, not be wider than 1000 pixel, as far as I know.

I am excited for the next version!

Roland

R

Roland

Please sir, Check the first post of these thread for more information, Thank you.