• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive 2 Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roland

R

Roland

Your new hiveworkshop sucks. Just kidding...

Here's what I want for the new hive upgrade
-Bring back the Hoasis, Ogre, Goblin and Voidwalker Smiley bundle
-Restore the Hivegroups
-Enforce IP Banning on the site
-Add a Flag counter where people are specifically online in a location.
-Refurbish the chatroom's and restore back the smiley system
-The banned users must have a blank avatar and a "BANNED" User title, but the problem is it's not visible for the other banned users. (HFR, Mr.Bob, Joe-Black, Karassu, trolman, Kas and Other banned users.)

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
-Bring back the Hoasis, Ogre, Goblin and Voidwalker Smiley bundle]
Being imported soon.

-Restore the Hivegroups
Social Groups? Check OT.

-Enforce IP Banning on the site
We have IP banning. The ban system is pretty good here, let's put it like that.

-Add a Flag counter where people are specifically online in a location.
Creepy stalker mode?

-The banned users must have a blank avatar and a "BANNED" User title, but the problem is it's not visible for the other banned users. (HFR, Mr.Bob, Joe-Black, Karassu, trolman, Kas and Other banned users.)
Banned users have strikethrough user names.

Roland

R

Roland

Also, Enforce the Website against these spamming bot users. Until now after the upgrade it's still here and still ransacking the sections of Hive.

Level 3
Never thought I took this site for granted until today when I realized I can't properly search for models. Barely ever used the forums, didn't know the place was this alive, but hopefully that's a good reason to suspect it will all get fixed in time. Good luck.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Never thought I took this site for granted until today when I realized I can't properly search for models. Barely ever used the forums, didn't know the place was this alive, but hopefully that's a good reason to suspect it will all get fixed in time. Good luck.
How did you think this was dead if there were still models being made?

Level 22
I just logged in and saw the changes :D

My reaction:

WTF.jpg

Level 29
In my confusion i have uploaded several portraits seperate of the actual model(s), can you tell me how to delete my uploaded resource(s), do need moderator for it ?

------

actual feedback: click link to your own resource at the stage where subcategories are listed in a repository displays page about insufficient privilege.
when searching model or skins, at the results page links to resources residing in substandard section will not work correctly, taking to an page stating resource unavailable, even when they are actually available.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Forum avatars from Hive 1 have become blurry. This is because Hive 1 used avatars of 100*100 pixel size yet Hive 2 displays avatars at 96*96 pixel size so resampling is occurring. The recommended avatar size is said to be at least 200*200, however if you are using pixel art you need the exact size as displayed otherwise the image will not look good.

If Hive 2 uses multiple avatar sizes for various purposes then users should be informed of the required dimensions of each and given an opportunity to upload their own to avoid problems with automatic resampling.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Profile avatar image is 192*192 pixels while forum avatars are 96*96 pixels (quarter size). Hive 1 avatars were 100*100 pixels. The blur is introduced by resampling the 100*100 pixel Hive 1 avatars into 96*96 pixel Hive 2 avatars.

If one is using a large full-sized image as your avatar (such as myself) then simply re-uploading it will fix it since then Hive 2 will automatically build the needed images from the full sized image which produces sharp results (as opposed to resampling a 100*100 image which does not).

If one is using pixel art or a specifically 100*100 sized avatar then one can probably crop a 2 pixel boarder from it to create new one. Since it is not resized it should maintain full sharpness.

Last edited:

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
My first thoughts:

- First of all, I generally like it.

- The alert feature from thread posters posting after you should, in my opinion, be toned down a bit. I want alerts for posts made just after my own, but not for every post afterwards. This gives me a feeling of forcing the user to think about a post that they've "moved on" from.

- The new online/offline symbol isn't as easily recognised as the old one. The old one would be noticeable at a glance, while the new one requires looking at each user portrait.

Level 14
I know that it's been already said multiple times before that the Hive Chat window's wideness will be addressed later, but what about for mobile users? This has been a problem since Hive 1.
Look at how it looks like from mobile access:

screenshot_2016-06-16-16-51-51-png.240377

The name list is somehow wider than the chat text box for some reason, ever since in Hive 1 it has been like this and it's the same here too.

Last edited:
Level 14
Last edited:
The name list is somehow wider than the chat text box for some reason, ever since in Hive 1 it has been like this and it's the same here too.

I haven't tested it on mobile, but try to position your phone horizontally? The website display (of other pages) would become wider after the phone is horizontal, not sure about chat tho

Level 14
I haven't tested it on mobile, but try to position your phone horizontally? The website display (of other pages) would become wider after the phone is horizontal, not sure about chat tho

I locked my phone's turning feature anyway, I find it more annoying than it is useful, when I'm using my phone on bed and the screen keeps turning randomly, due to the position it has.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
I don't know to be honest.
I just don't like the feeling of having it changed I suppose.
Life is change. That's why we aren't all still 0 years old and now have a fancy new HIVE site. Your roleplaying threads will not be changed, there will be just new threads and new people taking part. Don't see this as scary, see it as awesome. Because it is.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Life is change. That's why we aren't all still 0 years old and now have a fancy new HIVE site. Your roleplaying threads will not be changed, there will be just new threads and new people taking part. Don't see this as scary, see it as awesome. Because it is.

I don't know the reasoning - because I was not RPing at that time, but whoever started the RP in social groups did so for a reason despite the roleplay forum existing.

One reason I can come up with though:
Social groups before had the option to choose which members to enter the RP. With other words, if I hate Roland (I don't) and I don't want anything to do with the guy, I will simple remove his posts from my social group. Or if I just consider him a shitty RPer that don't live up to my standards, I might also want him gone.

This cannot be done in a public thread since mods would never do that obviously. WHICH SUCKS.

There's got to be a reason for that. Maybe you feel Roleplaying is too far down the forum index?
Not a big deal since one usually press the link given by the alert when someone posts.

Last edited:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I had forgotten social groups allowed you to do that. I understand where you're coming from. I don't suppose the way it works right now has kept those restrictions though?

XenForo has private group conversations, but once I have time I'd honestly like to go read those RPs, even if I'm not allowed to participate. Therefore I'd prefer if you decided to keep it public :)

Ash

Ash

Level 22
I don't know the reasoning - because I was not RPing at that time, but whoever started the RP in social groups did so for a reason despite the roleplay forum existing.

One reason I can come up with though:
Social groups before had the option to choose which members to enter the RP. With other words, if I hate Roland (I don't) and I don't want anything to do with the guy, I will simple remove his posts from my social group. Or if I just consider him a shitty RPer that don't live up to my standards, I might also want him gone.

This cannot be done in a public thread since mods would never do that obviously. WHICH SUCKS.

You should check out the conversation (new PM) feature, in that case. It has the exact functionality you describe. Personally, being the guy that started The Jury of Awesome with Captain_Griffin, I am totally against the idea you suggest. This should be an inclusive community, not an exclusive one.

Level 14
I still don't understand what was wrong with social pictures for RP, it worked pretty well ordained for us while keeping the group only for a few chosen people, (we managed membership through request to join and approval) while also keeping records public. We even had our own mods, to delete pictures we disapproved, I can't even link threads to my profile, that's why I liked media instead.

Hell, albums now even have the option to choose which users are allowed to add pictures to our own media, there's so much potential in that.

Last edited:
Level 20
I just realized, that you cannot search for the word "fox" in the resources (it says too short), for example. I suggest, you fix this as well, while you are at it, if this is possible?
Currently, the minimum amount of letters that a word you're searching for is set to 4. As far as I'm aware, this is quite easy to be fixed, so once Ralle deals with some bigger things, the limit might get changed to 3 letters.

EDIT: Apparently this has already been changed/fixed :)

Last edited:
I don't think it's currently available. It's a nice tool for testing results, but practialy it's better to have fully understood the mechanics of memory handling.
If you want to read some theory towards this, read this, and ask questions if you specificaly don't understand something. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/memory-leaks.263410/#post2661133

Status
Not open for further replies.