• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive 2 Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Ralle:

I would like to insist in the point about to make maps & bundles sort by latest update view as default config. It was one of the high value points that the old Hive had. I've checked that you already made a key filter with this option but my suggestion targets the QA that Hive have built along these years with all features and data info handle and how many valuee added is lost by removing this view as default. Sorting by latest update shows to the audience that maps and bundles are in constantly movement while actual display makes this section look like those inactive warcraft 3 pages. I really like new site with all cool new sistems, and I love the power of the new tools and data display, but I believe that maps and bundles display is a bit weaker than other sections. just a suggestion :D

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Ralle:

I would like to insist in the point about to make maps & bundles sort by latest update view as default config. It was one of the high value points that the old Hive had. I've checked that you already made a key filter with this option but my suggestion targets the QA that Hive have built along these years with all features and data info handle and how many valuee added is lost by removing this view as default. Sorting by latest update shows to the audience that maps and bundles are in constantly movement while actual display makes this section look like those inactive warcraft 3 pages. I really like new site with all cool new sistems, and I love the power of the new tools and data display, but I believe that maps and bundles display is a bit weaker than other sections. just a suggestion :D
I will do this.

Also, a minor left over feature that should be invisible for regular members...
It doesn't do much but still it is worth looking into a fix.

Appears on every section at the moment.

Attachments

• exMnonBug.png
    exMnonBug.png
    51.7 KB · Views: 148

Roland

R

Roland

I miss the good ol' hiveworkshop where i can modify my profile (background, frames, colors, font styles, etc.).
Ahh yiss, I know how ya feel buddy. In fact, some of the users here are irritated of the user theme design cause some changed it to annoying colors and In-accessible profile pages... cause of that... So I "Kinda" like the new feature here :> we all stay equal in our profile pages.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resources.718/
Jass and Wurst should be their own forums imo with their own graveyard and submissions sub forum.
They should be under Maps and Resources to imo.
(having a resources forum and a resources forums category seems a bit confusing too)

The Jass Section seems to be even less actve than it used to be and these things should help it be less forgotten (and hidden).

bumpity, not sure if these 2 points were mentioned

would be good to include a 'how to upload x' tutorial on the page for uploading resources, particularly for 2d/3d assets. it took me a while to figure out how to make 2 resources corresponding, and even though in hindsight it's intuitive, discovering the method in the first place isn't.

would also be nice if you could view submissions and/or substandard resources on people's profile pages.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
I only experienced it with video links so far.
I wanted to convert the YouTube links, in BDP's 20th birthday OP. Alas, no luck...

Theoretically, clicking on edit and then resaving the post, automatically converts YouTube links properly. But here, we have 7 YouTube links in a single post, and I am hitting an unexpected limitation / configuration parameter here.

Level 6
I've only recently joined, but I've been around for years.
As far as I'm concerned, Hive 2.0 didn't do much for me. A lot of resources are unavailable atm because of the transition.
Finding resources has become very hard altogether because whenever I input keywords into the search engine,
it no longer provides me with resources linked with any keyword of my input. Instead it currently only shows the resources that have ALL my keywords in it, which obviously is a significantly smaller amount of results.
> The search engine would be awesome if it was based on the old one but with the box-ticking system of the new one.

The new logo is kick-ass tho.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
A lot of resources are unavailable atm because of the transition.
Incorrect. All resources were imported.
it no longer provides me with resources linked with any keyword of my input. Instead it currently only shows the resources that have ALL my keywords in it, which obviously is a significantly smaller amount of results.
Technically, this one is more powerful. You see, if you want to search for all resources with any word in them, you can do a search per word. However, if you want all resources containing all the words you entered, it would not be possible at all with the old search.

From my experience, the old search would always show you 1000s of results of which none of them were relevant. This was the biggest complaint about the old search.

Level 37
I would love the options to watch a thread and or recieve email notifications to appear by the simple text box without having to click "More options." I know there is a default setting you can change in your account, but I currently have "Watch this thread..." as the default, and there are a few occurences where I just want to make a quick response without having to subscribe to it.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Cannot join chat lobby at the moment. Unsure of the reason but the button is just not appearing. I am unsure if it is because all chat is disabled or if just the button is not showing due to a UI error (possibly browser caused).

Would be nice if chat could auto join lobby.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I actually have a thing to say now.

So the Chat. Is there any way to incorporate a "currently typing" or "_user_ is typing" functionality, like there is on Skype? (i.e. a little text notification that tells you when someone has text in the text field, helping you determine/coordinate when to talk to each other).

Just curious if it's possible/doable/easy.

Level 14
Hey Ralle,

can you maybe explain a little, how that news feed works? Can we customize it?

I think hive 2.0 has progressed a lot and you guys did very well! :)
The only thing left is a smoother search feature in my opinion

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

PLEASE change the search method back to how it was on Hive 1, or fix the current. Keyword search either yields no results, or completely irrelevant ones. I find better results using Google.

Example: I'm trying to find a model for a pillar of fire effect. I select "Effect" and type in "fire". Half the results are completely different than the keyword I typed in. I'm literally getting ice effects by searching for "fire". And units when I select "effect".

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

No it wasn't always like this, I could always find what I wanted on hive 1 so I know it's possible.

Look at this. I search "movement speed" for a Spell. One might reasonably expect this to yield the result MoveSpeedX, to set your maximum movement speed. Instead, here are the following results: Search Results for Query: movement speed | HIVE
Fire Fairy Dragon v1.2
Cosmos' Wrath v1.0 - GUI
library knockback simple v.1.03
Wind Dude V2.0
Еще одна карта

Search features are always imprecise and you will get results you don't want. But this case is Keyword Search yielding results that are literally completely unrelated to the keywords I type in. It was never like this in Hive 1. This site has so many amazing resources that I've been able to use and it's very frustrating to have them inaccessible even if I nearly type the exact name.

Even when I search the exact name of the resource, it's not even the first result! Search Results for Query: MoveSpeedX | HIVE
Surf and Condense by Strikest is the first result before it - completely unrelated.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
All of the search results match the words you entered. That's how the search always worked. In fact the new one does this better by requiring all words to be part of the result. If you want to find exactly MoveSpeedX why don't you enable "Search title only" and be done with it?

Even when I search the exact name of the resource, it's not even the first result! Search Results for Query: MoveSpeedX | HIVE
Take a look at the "Order By:" when you search. By default it's "Most recent".

Level 14
One point, why the hive 1 search feature was so comfortable and seemed to be more realiable is also the fact, that we were not redirected to a new page. Instead, one could search everything from the panel to the left. Maybe you can include the search engine somehow next to the filters? Then it would be as convenient as before.
Also, in hive 1.0, I just typed in keywords like 20 times because it was really perfectly convenient with the results coming up and the possibility to directly search again while having the results right next to it. It felt so open and reliable, while a new page creates this illusion of non-transparency... I dont know, I dont find the right words maybe.

But I think, Xenforo does not allow you to do this, right? Well, if there is any workaround to enable this convenience again, I think it would be worth it, because the resource sections and especially the outstanding convenience of the search engine was one of the hive's main outstanding advantages over all other modding sites I knew.

Hive was always the most convenient and open site .. Since the search engine changed, I almost completely stopped to just search the resources for fun, which I did back then sometimes.. Even if the search algorythm is completely the same or even improved as you said.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Hm.

So I have a question (though this may not be the proper place for it): Is there some kind of functionality that can be implemented to allow Regular Users to 'quote' a post in a locked thread?

The reason I ask is because many times now, when I have wanted to create another Contest or reference someone's post (especially my own), I have wanted to use my particular setup again with modifications; however, once a Thread is Closed no regular User can get access to the BBcode & all the fancy tables & what-not, meaning they have to just re-write the whole thing (they can copy/pasta the text, but not the formatting).

If it were possible to just 'yoink' the BBcode out of a post (and/or even if just for ourselves personally), those would be great too/either.

Status
Not open for further replies.