• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive 2 Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 60
Sometimes, the alert says that some poster gave me reputation in a thread I didn't even post in. Maybe the alert was meant for another poster or the linked thread was wrong?

Anyways, is there a way to allow people to download only one of the resources at a time in a given bundle? It would be very useful especially when the bundle size becomes too large and the downloader only wants one of the resources.

Is there also a way for Packs to include only certain resources within a bundle and not all of them? For example, I want to create a Night Elf Pack but my Demon Hunter bundle has Blood Elf and Night Elf versions.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Ah...

However the page should still have a link under Settings as it is kind of a setting.
Got it.
I would like to request an Administrator or maybe something higher rank to remove this kind of feature..

When you have someone ignore in chat and some user tries to PM you the message goes like this (Please check Image below.)

f0361688ffa546e8a6b532ac403567f1.png
Yes, that one is silly.
Sometimes, the alert says that some poster gave me reputation in a thread I didn't even post in. Maybe the alert was meant for another poster or the linked thread was wrong?
Should be fixed now.

Anyways, is there a way to allow people to download only one of the resources at a time in a given bundle? It would be very useful especially when the bundle size becomes too large and the downloader only wants one of the resources.
Sorry, not currently.

Is there also a way for Packs to include only certain resources within a bundle and not all of them? For example, I want to create a Night Elf Pack but my Demon Hunter bundle has Blood Elf and Night Elf versions.
Sorry, not currently.

Level 9
Certain models/profiles seem unavailable. If you search "Radar" and find Judash137's entry, you can see the thumbnail and other details but cannot download it. I'm not sure if this is related to the search feature polishing or not

Level 14
Certain models/profiles seem unavailable. If you search "Radar" and find Judash137's entry, you can see the thumbnail and other details but cannot download it. I'm not sure if this is related to the search feature polishing or not
Can confirm this also happens in the Tools section with some resources, not sure if it's because they're too old or something. Such as this.

You can see it in the search results here, but opening it turns into no file found.

Btw: Will the feature to open someone's profile by clicking on their name in chat be avaliable again in the future?

One last thing, when you start a private conversation with someone in chat, they are alerted of the new "group" creation before you even sent any message at all, even their current window is changed to that of the new group, this usually ends up with the person you wanted to talk with leaving the group before you can even make your post.

Is there a way to instead, only make the group visible to the people you added into, only after a post is made?

Last edited:
Level 15
From what I've seen these are the things that I would suggest:

- Maps and resources need the Update/Approve Date sorting in addition to the current Create Date sorting
- "Search titles only" should be checked by default in the search bar, or at least still appear as checked after it was first clicked, since not checking it brings up a bunch of results irrelevant to the key words entered, since it sorts them by Create Date; or maybe those results should be sorted so that the ones that are most relevant to the key words appear first, or some search result sorting options should be added (Create Date, Most Relevant, etc.)
- Resources should again have their import paths listed beneath them (skins have them, icons don't have them listed at all now, models have the tutorial)

And I noticed one anomaly, though I don't know if it's a bug:

- Models created after the Hive 2 site import (June 10th) don't appear in the search results, even if you search their exact names; I don't know if this is also the problem with the search results in other repositories (in Skins it seems to work properly), or if maybe some time needs to pass before new resources appear in the search results

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Well his profile is unavailable BUT I found out he was last active in July of 2014. Seems he may have moved on from warcraft 3. What to do?
Some people in the past decided to delete their models after a falling out with the site staff at the time, e.g. Pyramidhe@d, anarchianbedlam, Mr. Bob, shiiK, Dionesiist, etc. If it's one of those models I'd say you have a slim chance of getting them undeleted, and you'll just have to respect their choices or try and find it on other sites.

Level 9
Some people in the past decided to delete their models after a falling out with the site staff at the time, e.g. Pyramidhe@d, anarchianbedlam, Mr. Bob, shiiK, Dionesiist, etc. If it's one of those models I'd say you have a slim chance of getting them undeleted, and you'll just have to respect their choices or try and find it on other sites.

He doesn't have a lot of posts and didn't seem to be one of those well-known names you mentioned there. But otherwise I don't know how to find out if it's one of those models. I just had a particular, perfect use for it only to run into this issue :\

Level 12
Does that include the case I mentioned? So no one can download those models now? :(
If the model was deleted you could never download it regardless of it being on hiveworkshop or hive 2.0. I am guessing it's annoying now since it reminds you of things that aren't there. If you search in the substandard section you will get many such cases like I was looking for an altar and I think I found 3-4 dead model links in the search of the sub standard section.

Models get deleted such is life. That's why you must be vigilant on the look out for new models every day to grab 'em while they're hot.

Also, if you have the russian spirit you can download that model anyway. Search the image of the model in google to see if it is posted somewhere else. And it looks like it is.

Last edited:
I would like to request an Administrator or maybe something higher rank to remove this kind of feature..

When you have someone ignore in chat and some user tries to PM you the message goes like this (Please check Image below.)

f0361688ffa546e8a6b532ac403567f1.png

Yes, that one is silly.

But wouldn't this be good:

Actually I don't find it bad that you get notified that there is a message by a blocked user.
This way you have control over it, and still can decide to unblock him, in case you want after a certain amount of time.
And I guess you won't get messages like this very often, if he is blocked. And if yes, you can report to staff for spam.

Actually I recognized that if you block a user, you don't see his posts etc in the forums. It's good -- but also here I would actually find it awesome
if there was a little button or notification for you that there exists a "Blocked Post by User XY - Click to show" or so. Because sure you obviously
don't want to get regular information from this blocked user, but when reading threads it is essential sometimes to being able to read ALL posts, for logical reasons.
Else you see double posts or so, can't fully follow maybe the logics, and aren't even aware that a blocked user posted something in between.

As long it's public channel it can be blocked, but in case one is PMing you, you could get a notify message so you can react if needed. I don't find it silly -- and in case it's such an abusive spam like in the sceenshot one always can report it.

Level 29
Umm, can somebody teach me how to search for an skin(or anything else for that matter...) on the new hive ? i keep getting nothing found.
If this was old hive i could find it easily as can filter for categories human and unit and using the skin's internal name(most things had grunt.blp, footman.blp etc. )or just typing in the name of unit the skin is for(grunt in my case, as im searching for skins that convert orcish units into barbarian humans, there was another one for the spearthrower, or had they been made as units ?).

Level 12
Umm, can somebody teach me how to search for an skin(or anything else for that matter...) on the new hive ? i keep getting nothing found.
If this was old hive i could find it easily as can filter for categories human and unit and using the skin's internal name(most things had grunt.blp, footman.blp etc. )or just typing in the name of unit the skin is for(grunt in my case, as im searching for skins that convert orcish units into barbarian humans, there was another one for the spearthrower, or had they been made as units ?).
The search used to be quite bad but now it uses keywords so you will find everything with grunt in it. I know all the grunt skins from browsing them and found them all just by searching for "grunt".
Use the search box in the right top hand corner. Type in grunt for a skin for the grunt or headhunter for the spear thrower skin... as the troll javelin thrower isn't a grunt.
I think I found both the skins you are looking for.
40655-91043e417cde97064247ec5f7e667905.jpg
39356-37ca157c9f3a17ef645eb2b882e35a4e.jpg

Level 22
Is there any chance for the tutorial section to become like how it used to be?
How user didn't have to turn the pages one by one only to look for a certain tutorial.
I think it's better to have them all listed in one page from top to bottom like the old hive.
That is, if possible, of course.

Level 4
Is there any chance for the tutorial section to become like how it used to be?
How user didn't have to turn the pages one by one only to look for a certain tutorial.
I think it's better to have them all listed in one page from top to bottom like the old hive.
That is, if possible, of course.
+1 to that. Was easier to just Ctrl+F and search tutorial keywords that you were interested in. If the search thing gets really done, then it can stay as it is (although it will involve more filters and pages than it used to; I just liked it simple :grin:)

Level 12
Are rejected resources been emoved from the Hive 2.0? I can't seem to find any trace of them in my profile threads.
As far as I understand resources can no longer be accessed through "all created threads" and I don't think it recognises them as threads. I was searching for some content a while ago and had to go into "find all posts" instead. But I only think that would work if you actually replied to your resource or posted a comment.

Could JASS/Code-resources get a similar handling like normal resources in terms of moderation? Like there would be also a reserved spot for moderator's comment about the current state with reasoning. You have to hustle through the posts always to get some information about it at the moment, which is pretty inconvenient.

And it probably would also make sense to list them under "Resources" instead of under "Forums". -- even without bundles.

Level 12
I am not sure if this was mentioned before but the way the filters work with each other is not very useful. If I select "human" blood elf" "hero" and "unit" filters instead of it giving me all human and blood elf units and heroes it gives me only the one model that is both a unit, a hero, a human, and a blood elf.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I am not sure if this was mentioned before but the way the filters work with each other is not very useful. If I select "human" blood elf" "hero" and "unit" filters instead of it giving me all human and blood elf units and heroes it gives me only the one model that is both a unit, a hero, a human, and a blood elf.
Actually, that's the way I'd prefer it... But it's basically doing an "AND" operation, when what you (appear to) be looking for is the "OR".

It'd be nice to be able to choose. When I'm looking for a Troll Caster Hero I don't like seeing all 7 million "Hero" units as well; I want *just* Troll Caster Heroes.

Level 12
Actually, that's the way I'd prefer it... But it's basically doing an "AND" operation, when what you (appear to) be looking for is the "OR".

It'd be nice to be able to choose. When I'm looking for a Troll Caster Hero I don't like seeing all 7 million "Hero" units as well; I want *just* Troll Caster Heroes.
That can be easily remedied by typing "troll" in the search box and doing an advanced search. The way to remedy my issue is by opening additional tabs and performing multiple searches instead of 1. I prefer to actually solve my issue instead of crying about it so I don't mind doing whatever I can; I am bringing this up more for the benefit of others and improve the site in general.

And come on there's not "7 million" hero units. You can get through scrolling through them in under 10 minutes, and that's if you're a slowpoke too. I probably have them all stored in my subconscious by now.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
The old search was exclusively doing an OR search. I would argue that the newer search is better because it's exclusively an AND search. If I search for "warhammer td" it will find only warhammer td maps. if I want to search with OR, I can simply make multiple searches. Using the old system there was no way to do an AND search at all.

I am not saying we shouldn't have OR, it's just that we're latching on to the default XenForo search and this is not part of it yet. I will consider it though.

Level 37
Sorry if I'm repeating a suggestion, I didn't feel like reading through all 9 pages.

I personally think that URL links should have something to distinguish themselves as a link. Currently, links are just colored. You wouldn't be able to tell the difference if something has a link or is just colored like so:
Most tutorials use this as a color for titles and such, so it can get confusing!

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I think we'd be better off underlining them manually. Editing the main style sheet to make links underlined is going to create a lot of visual garbage. Besides, links are underlining as you hover over them. As it is right now, it gives people the choice.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Depends on the type link, yes. You'd have to edit a specific class of anchors, hopefully not having to that from scratch (probably not).

Anyway, it's just a personal opinion. I'm imagining post and signature links underlined and I think it'd just look cluttered and ugly.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
You can rate resources with no need to comment on it :grin:
I'm still wondering when the Rep Gems will be fixed?
Fixed how?
As (un)Official Scion & Guardian of All Things Wc3C.net, I give my (il)Legitimate approval to borrow the rep gems.
I couldn't find these gems on wc3c.net. What are you talking about? The closest we get is their Diablo theme but the gems are still different. Besides, Archian has made some of the themes on Wc3c. If he decides to bring some of his artwork to Hive, I think that's fair and square.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
I couldn't find these gems on wc3c.net. What are you talking about? The closest we get is their Diablo theme but the gems are still different. Besides, Archian has made some of the themes on Wc3c. If he decides to bring some of his artwork to Hive, I think that's fair and square.
I think he means these,
reputation_bigpos.gif
and
reputation_pos.gif
. They're on the Tauren theme. Pretty sure we had these here at some point.

Reactions: Rui

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
The amount of gems is easier to comprehend now. One sec, let me tell you how it is. It was more or less impossible to deduce it from the code in the old system btw.

If you have less than 30 points, you get one "pos1.png" gem for every 6 points.
If you have 30 or more points you get the following:
for every 2000 you get one "pos5.png"
for every 500 you get one "pos4.png"
for every 125 you get one "pos3.png"
for every 30 you get one "pos2.png"

So it works more like cash now.

Roland

R

Roland

Is there like Higher Gem image? Like above than the gold Gem... Like... Purple.. or maybe.. Lighter Green...?

Status
Not open for further replies.