1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Have you ever played old games?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Hub' started by NoNZealot, Sep 29, 2007.

?

Have you done this,

1. I've played but now I'm not playing anymore.

19.3%
  2. I've played and I still play.

77.3%
  3. I didn't play but I saw some of them.

1.7%
  4. Damn I hate them.

1.7%
  1. Jacek

Jacek

Resources:
    Resources:
    sequel fails...

I finished the original game four times, might finish it again soon...

I consider old games as games in <1998 range. Halflife and Quake 2 are a mark of "new" games, at least for me. Well I played almost every old game (exaggeration, but I know most of them) except for these stupid zelda/finalfantasy whatever pseudo-crpg shit.

my comp is very shitty, can't run any of 2004+ games, so I stick to not-so-old but not new games.

oh and I still play very old games, especially on Atari emulator, so I can bring back good memories of 64KB memory and I play classic games through DosBox (currently Dune 2, Master of Magic and Master of Orion)

2. iron_warrior

iron_warrior

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Must be an old picture, nobody uses the mail anymore.

3. Ljusdahl

Ljusdahl

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah. Working at the postal office I can tell you very little is hand-written mail, it's mainly advertising, bills, etc. I guess mail is for old people that have never touched a computer, and those who value the magic of letters. (the latter aka "awesome people")
    The picture is as fresh as the controller, btw. :cwink:

4. En_Fuego

En_Fuego

Resources:
    Resources:
    Heroes of Might and Magic Series, Starcraft, Star Fox Super Nintendo...So many pwnsome titles I still play...

(is it me, or is Star Fox Super Nintendo the same as Star Fox 64?)

5. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    I really enjoyed my old games when they were weren't old. I can't go back to them though. I cannot understand why people like them, they don't handle well, the graphics are bad, and they usually aren't as fast paced.

Old FPS games are really bad now. They don't move well and look awful, in fact so awful I can't play it.

I tried playing NHL 95 or 96, whichever comes with NHL 07 (maybe 06). It was pretty bad, nothing near NHL 07.

I do think that some games such as duke nukem and Commander Keen were fun, and I could play them for kicks, but not for long. Maybe once through.

People say graphics don't make the game, which they don't, but why play old games with poor graphics when you can play games that have as good if not better game play and better graphics. To me, neither game play or graphics make a game alone. An ugly game isn't much fun to play.

6. MySpaceBarBroke

MySpaceBarBroke

Resources:
    Resources:
    My graphics minimum isn't that low. I can tolerate diablo graphics or something, but i don't think i can stand any lower.

7. Modo

Modo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I missed out on most games the first time around. Luckily for me, there are thing like the Sega Mega Drive Collection and the Midway Arcade Collections on PS2 bringing back the oldies.

I really do not mind old graphics, most of the time. I like the Final Fantasy 5 and Star Ocean: The Second Story graphics. They remind me of my childhood which I assume is better than now, but I am probably looking back with rose tinted glasses. I wish I still had The Lost Vikings on GBA...

8. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    Star Ocean: The Second Story was wicked. All of them were. Never played them much though. :(

9. Modo

Modo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ever played Star Ocean: 'til The End of Time? It is crap. It keeps going and going and going. I got to the start of the 2nd disc (2nd DVD to be exact, PS2 game) and was so bored. I tried to get back into it, but couldn't. The story was weak, battle wasn't very good, everything suddenly got tough and I had a character with 7999 Int of something like that. Her spells were super powerful, and I didn't ever cheat.

The game apparently had multiple endings but I never made it to even one. It was nothing like the SO:TSS. It was a waste of my time.

Grandia, and, to limited extent, Grandia 2, are quite old and quite fun.

10. Tyranid

Tyranid

Resources:
    Resources:
    I just love Nintendo and Super Nintendo games.

11. KenshinUesugi

KenshinUesugi

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Grandia is one of the RPG series of all time. I prefare 2 over 1. And 1 over 3. And Xtreme just sucked. 1 showed a great new battle system while 2 perfected it. Now it has to start back over with the perfection that was lost when it traded hands into Square Enix. Though traveling around in that game is a bit linear. That much I have to say is pretty bad with it. Not being able to revist begining places late in the game unless you want to spend a few heroes back peddling. And in 3, what kind've a character to have in your party is your mom? Traveling on exicting adventures with your mom. I still don't get that.

12. HolyRider

HolyRider

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    DOOM 95 is the best FPS (old) games of all time...

13. <Offspring>

<Offspring>

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have a nintendo 64, so yes. (Super Mario 64 ftw)

14. HolyRider

HolyRider

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    DOOM has to be one of the best FPS games made back in the day!!!
    OH and by the way, does any1 still play DOOM online???
    'cause I do!

15. HolyRider

HolyRider

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    oops.. i have already posted here...
    sorry.

16. UchihaSasuke.gr

UchihaSasuke.gr

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes, I have the old Super Mario and the ''Super Mario Yoshi's Island''.
    Very old I think..

17. AbYouzer

AbYouzer

Resources:
    Resources:
    :tunes: thoseeee wereeee theeee dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy-zuh :tunes:

18. DaedraEater

DaedraEater

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hmmm... I've played Warcraft: Orcs & Humans, Some old Mario game at my friends house, a collection of old games from the NES & SNES and stuff for the original gameboy (once again, at a friends house) and does Warcraft II count? 'Cuz I played it at my cousins house.

19. UchihaSasuke.gr

UchihaSasuke.gr

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have played lots of old games.I remember I also played Timon and Pumba on SNES.

20. dofys

dofys

Resources:
    Resources:
    I usually play old games when I get tired of modern ones.

Old games that I've played: Shining Force (2, SFCD, SF3 Scn1;Genesis & Saturn), Sonic (1, 2; Genesis), Phantasy Star (2, 4; Genesis), Comix Zone (Genesis), Vectorman (1, 2; Genesis), Shadowrun (Genesis), Super Mario Bros. (1, 2, 3; NES) Duck Hunting (NES), Street of Rage
    (2, 3; Genesis)

All those stuff listed above use to belong to my older brother (20) and my uncle (early thirties).