• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Game with best story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
KOTOR 1 was really good storyline, especially with the twists and choices that impacted the ending of the game. as for KOTOR II, it was okay, but somewhat confusing and annoying after a while, but those are probably the best storylines imo. halo is pretty good if you read the books or know more of the backstory that isn't seen in the games, and modern warfare has great story for a shooter, too

Level 27
KOTOR 1 was really good storyline, especially with the twists and choices that impacted the ending of the game. as for KOTOR II, it was okay, but somewhat confusing and annoying after a while, but those are probably the best storylines imo. halo is pretty good if you read the books or know more of the backstory that isn't seen in the games, and modern warfare has great story for a shooter, too

Bad thing Kotor 2 was so unfiinished... it actually could be much, much better, it could actually be a masterpece, but they didn't had enough time to finish it...

Level 5
Bad thing Kotor 2 was so unfiinished... it actually could be much, much better, it could actually be a masterpece, but they didn't had enough time to finish it...

i know, there's a restoration mod being made but i haven't followed it in lik 2 years

Level 11
Come on, you're all missing the obvious. The game with the best story is CLEARLY Super Mario! What could be deeper? The princess was in another castle :O (!!!)

.... :p

Well I like the Warcraft universe's lore. (Until WoW, of course... Blizzard killed the franchise's lore with it -.- )
And I find the story of Deus Ex rather deep (Anyone else than me played it? Best damn shooter ever made). If you're into conspiracies and shit like that, the story in DX is very amusing.

Level 25
I really liked the story of Half-Life 2. It was really well put-together and the way they incorporated it in an FPS with very few cinematics is very impressively well done.

However, I also believe Condemned: Criminal Origins had a really great story. Definitely one of the best; too bad Condemned 2: Bloodshot's story sucked ass...

And I know it sounds lame, but WarCraft III's story was really good too and I nominate it third best story for a game that I've played.

Level 19
Ugh, waaay too many to name.
The Bard's Tale, every Forgotten Realms game (except for Eye of the Beholder), Fable (yeah, it was cliched, but I still liked it), Halo (Lol, watched screen recordings of every cutscene from 2 and 3), Curse of Monkey Island, Half Life 2 etc.

Not.
Warcraft.

Kingdom Hearts series
rofl.png

Level 19
I keep telling, but you guys aint listening: It's the Baldur's Gate series whose got the best story.

Now, really?

Happened between Baldur's Gate 1 and part 2 too, when the player (you) come across a certain person in BG2 you really recalled been killed in part BG1.

Quote:
Wiki says:
Several characters from the first game make a comeback, some of which are NPCs who can (re)join the player's party. These are Imoen (who has become dual classed to a Mage/Thief), Minsc, Jaheira, Edwin and Viconia. Because Baldur's Gate II does not check the status of these characters at the end of the first game, they appear even if they perished in the course of the previous adventure. The designers make light of this, often prompting the player character to ask: "Aren't you dead?" – which can be disconcerting, if they did not die – if they survived, the player is given the opportunity to ask the ubiquitous "Can you remember me?", which often gives the much needed excuse to fill in backstory and give new players a sense of what has gone before. Also, the game assumes that the six-person party at the end of the game included the main protagonist, Imoen, Minsc, Dynaheir, Jaheira, and Khalid.

Level 19
Half-Life and Silent Hill, I'll give you those ones.
Blizzard does NOT have a good storywriting team. In fact, pretty much all they do is this:
"Oooh, hey! I know, let's go get our old D&D/Warhammer 40k books and steal shit!!"
"Woo, yeah, and then we can vaguely nail it all together and change a few names!!"

Yeah, I know, that was realllly biased and somewhat inaccurate, but still, I stand by it.
Any flaming criticisms?

Level 27
Blizzard does NOT have a good storywriting team. In fact, pretty much all they do is this:
"Oooh, hey! I know, let's go get our old D&D/Warhammer 40k books and steal shit!!"
"Woo, yeah, and then we can vaguely nail it all together and change a few names!!"

Yeah, I know, that was realllly biased and somewhat inaccurate, but still, I stand by it.
Any flaming criticisms?

WRONG!
It was more like this:
"Hey you know I worked to the ones who made WH40k before beeing fired and starting t work on Bllizard... you know, we can steal few ideas from their games and use them in our ones!"

Level 19

Any flaming criticisms?

Wrong.
Insects have been a common race for Aliens.

Level 13
Hmmmm this is hard one since most games have became so unoriginal with story wise now these days.

1st - KOTR 1 - I have to say this was since it was also probably one of my 1st RPGs played thought gameplay it was quite decent story was very nice some area could have bin better but I had found out all the background info to my team and got so into it I wouldn't do anything bad.

2nd - Bioshock 1 - Yes this is a shooter more then RPG but this story I hadn't played before so I thought it was very fun to learn about and explore the 1st was better because it was more mysterious to me is all.

3rd - Fable 1 - Flawed it many ways the story made it for me a great game to hear about your past and see your character grow and literally age right before your eyes was very nice it made following my character story and life a fun experience.

Level 19
"Hey you know I worked to the ones who made WH40k before beeing fired and starting t work on Bllizard... you know, we can steal few ideas from their games and use them in our ones!"

How is that justifiable? Stealing is stealing.

Insects have been a common race for Aliens.

Firstly, I am pretty sure Zerg are not actually insectoid. They do not, after all, have the characteristic 6 limbs.
Secondly, I am not just talking about them, there are many other uncanny similarities between Warhammer and Starcraft, and between Warcraft and D&D.

Eh, this argument is hopeless...

3rd - Fable 1 - Flawed it many ways the story made it for me a great game to hear about your past and see your character grow and literally age right before your eyes was very nice it made following my character story and life a fun experience.

Eh, the whole growth aspect was pretty lame, a gimmick if anything.

Level 19
Firstly, I am pretty sure Zerg are not actually insectoid. They do not, after all, have the characteristic 6 limbs.
Secondly, I am not just talking about them, there are many other uncanny similarities between Warhammer and Starcraft, and between Warcraft and D&D.

Eh, this argument is hopeless...

So? What are you saying, that WH40K is completely clean?

Elves, for example, were simply 'stolen', as you refer it, from Tolkien's definition of Elves.

Level 13

Any flaming criticisms?
Did Blizzard take elements and ideas from Warhammer? Undoubtedly. However the storyline itself is very different. With story I mean the central characters and the events that surround them, not the world itself as a whole.

Anyways in terms of story, Blizzard seems to have a sort of a habit of repeating themselves. Right now the prominent story seems to be "Good guy defends his people, good guy gets corrupted, good guy becomes bad, now-bad guy becomes leader of big evil force".

Level 19
So? What are you saying, that WH40K is completely clean?

Elves, for example, were simply 'stolen', as you refer it, from Tolkien's definition of Elves.

Shuddup, stop making a valid point!!! D:

Did Blizzard take elements and ideas from Warhammer? Undoubtedly. However the storyline itself is very different. With story I mean the central characters and the events that surround them, not the world itself as a whole.

Anyways in terms of story, Blizzard seems to have a sort of a habit of repeating themselves. Right now the prominent story seems to be "Good guy defends his people, good guy gets corrupted, good guy becomes bad, now-bad guy becomes leader of big evil force".

Yet the storyline is, naturally. heavily dependent on the world.
And yes, my original point was not only that they steal, but also that... Well, they're just bad.

Now, I refuse to take part in this futile argument! Good day to you, good sirs!

Level 9
World of Warcraft by far has the best storyline I've ever seen, kudos to the Blizzard writing team on such a fine masterpiece in writing there, personally I'm shocked that no one else has mentioned this milestone in videogame storywriting.

Level 17
Dragon Quest VIII. How can you not fall in love with it? :D

This. A million times this.
I also enjoyed, well, pretty much all of Naughty Dog's games. (Uncharted and Jak and Daxter)

World of Warcraft by far has the best storyline I've ever seen, kudos to the Blizzard writing team on such a fine masterpiece in writing there, personally I'm shocked that no one else has mentioned this milestone in videogame storywriting.

Go suck on a railroad spike, troll.

Level 19
yeah, thats good... Its just a shame that my disc got an error which caused me not to be able to play the bonus dungeon after you finish the main game...

Once we had guests over, (these were they type of people you don't really know, but after they have moved away, and happen to be nearby, they still drop by for a visit), one of the kids they brought with them short circuited my PS2! D: This was because I had failed at opening the good old thing earlier, and screwed up the reset button. To turn it one I had to connect four metal dots with a screwdriver, in order to lead electricity between them, lol. Anyway, this kid supposedly connected the wrong metal dots, and created this short circuit, that made my PS2 trash.

This event made me unable to play Dragon Quest any further, had it not been for the emulator I had installed on my desktop. Yet one day, my little brother lets one of the neighbour kids borrow the Dragon Quest DVD, and this fucking brat ruins the DVD with cracks, and scratches, and what not!

The bottom line of this little story is -- keep brats away from your dearest game equipment or thy shalt miss it! D: (I had finished the game, however, but I still miss it every day!)

Once we had guests over, (these were they type of people you don't really know, but after they have moved away, and happen to be nearby, they still drop by for a visit), one of the kids they brought with them short circuited my PS2! D: This was because I had failed at opening the good old thing earlier, and screwed up the reset button. To turn it one I had to connect four metal dots with a screwdriver, in order to lead electricity between them, lol. Anyway, this kid supposedly connected the wrong metal dots, and created this short circuit, that made my PS2 trash.

This event made me unable to play Dragon Quest any further, had it not been for the emulator I had installed on my desktop. Yet one day, my little brother lets one of the neighbour kids borrow the Dragon Quest DVD, and this fucking brat ruins the DVD with cracks, and scratches, and what not!

The bottom line of this little story is -- keep brats away from your dearest game equipment or thy shalt miss it! D: (I had finished the game, however, but I still miss it every day!)

one more thing - if you're using emulators you can just make an ISO or any CD-image copy of the disc, it works as a good back-up and if you use it in the emulator its faster than using the DVD...

Level 2
Mass Effect.... I just loved how your decisions truly had an impact on the story and that in part 2 those choices will carry over...consider my mind blown.

Level 5
Earth Defence Force 2017 for XBOX 360. This game had a epic storyline, with suspense and action. I've never enjoyed a game like I've enjoyed that one.

Level 7
Final Fantasy 13, best game with the BEST STORY I'VE IN A GAME I'VE EVER EXPERIENCED.

And next is Heavy Rain which is PS3 Exclusive.

Both those games in my opinion were great, FF13 gave me 25 Hours of Game play whilst Heavy Rain gave me 6 Hours. (You can replay it many times because almost everything you do affects what happens next)

FF13 also had stunning graphics and pretty pixel chicks (seriously they were hot) along with that unforgettable storyline the box promised :cute:

Heres MY list and MY opinion on the best games ever (When I say the best games ever I always judge them by [in this order] by)
1. Story
2. Game Play
3. Personalities of Characters
4. Graphics

Heres my list:
1. Final Fantasy XIII (PS3/X360 Only, no PC unfortunately)
2. Heavy Rain (PS3 Only, no X360 nor PC version available)
3. Mass Effect & Mass Effect 2 (X360 Only, so unfortunate)

Remember this is MY list of favorite games so do go saying "Oh no FF13 is shit, everyone knows FF7 is a lot better" and crap like that. In my opinion, FF13 is the best, however I do love all FF games.

Status
Not open for further replies.