• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Have you ever played old games?

Have you done this,

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Parapa the Rapper for repeatable gaming
for RPG Games : Rhapsody, Harvest Moon and Legend of Gaia FTW

The Hive Workshop does not condone, encourage, support or tolerate the use of any appz, cracks, hacks, spoofers, torrents, warez or any other type of bootleg, illegal or pirated software (or techniques). The posting of such material or links to it are absolutely forbidden. Posts or threads referring to these subjects may be deleted without warning. Violators may be banned.
rules

Level 6
I FINISHED GT 2!!!~ ON MY PS1.

No i am not flaming. The endurance took forever to finish. I finished it after 6 years meh..

Anyway, who played it huh? GT2.

Gran turismo in case some did not know it.

Level 6
@Adiktuz
Legand of Legaia.......

Sounds familiar can you post a quick link to show me how's the game?

@Ampharos_222

For RPG games on PS1 try FF7,8 n9. Best game for PS considering these games are quite old.

Level 19
I don't count Warcraft III an ancient game, considering it's still very new to some.
But anyway, Sim City 2000, Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds and Team Buddies are quite fun:)

Level 20
I don't count Warcraft III an ancient game, considering it's still very new to some.
But anyway, Sim City 2000, Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds and Team Buddies are quite fun:)

lol wc3 came out on 2002, soon it will be 10 years old...
and probably when d3 comes out, wc3 is as good as dead -.-

EDIT:
does pes2006 on psp count as an old game? :p

Level 11
Spyro 1,2 and 3 were also my favorite games...damn i play Spyro 3 even now sometimes...though i don't have a PS1 anymore since it got broke,and i can't find the memory card...i play it on my ps2,and ps2 memory cards aren't compatible with PS1 games

Level 49
185967-albums4071-picture51280.jpg

i just fucking killed the dreaded ruby weapon by spamming knights of the round, coin and megalixirs. just look at Yuffie's hp lol
(yes, i have all the master materias because i defeated Emerald first)

Level 34
For those of you who enjoyed Diablo 2, I suggest trying Titan Quest if you haven't already. It was made in 2007 and definitely deserved more attention than it got.

Level 14
Does HoMM3 count as an old game? since the game is older than me,and the franchise is too amazing,damn 3DO come back!

Level 14
The olds games I played are Moktar,Blood and magic,Might and magic 4 and 5(it is one video game who is the merge of two others),Doom,Doom 2,Boulder dash,Diablo,Hellfire,Heretic,Hexen,Starcraft,Jack jazz rabbit,Jack jazz rabbit 2,heroes of might and magic 2,Rise of the triads,Total anihilation,Spear of destiny,3d Ultra pinball 1,3d Ultra pinball 2,3d Ultra pinball 3,3d Ultra pinball 4,Alley cat,Postal,Warcraft 2,Z,Carmaggedon,Strife(the doom mod who have no link with the stupid aeon of strife),Hovertank 3d,Commander keen 1,Commander keen 2,Commander keen 3,Commander keen 4,Commander keen 5,Commander keen 6,Mr driller,Zoombinis, Zoombinis 2,Duke nukem 3d

Level 9
I just reinstalled Diablo II: Lord of Destruction not even a week ago, recreated my Druid (favorite class by the way) and I'm already near the end of Act I.

Gotta love classics like this that you can just play over and over again. :grin:

Level 11
Gotta love classics like this that you can just play over and over again. :grin:

Yes.. sadly though there aren't a lot of classics i can play :( (IE Disciples : Sacred Lands, Might and Magic 6-8, Lands of Lore III).... it could be cause im running on Windows 7 premium rather than home edition, but none the less im still able to play diablo 2 and starcraft at least :)

Level 11
Well the games i really really wanted to play were the original Might and Magic VI-VIII, and Disciples : Sacred Lands... i tried every compatibility, but i can't seem to get them to work, i really wish steam would just put these games on there list like they do with a lot of old games to which all of them work on my computer.

Level 9
Well the games i really really wanted to play were the original Might and Magic VI-VIII, and Disciples : Sacred Lands... i tried every compatibility, but i can't seem to get them to work, i really wish steam would just put these games on there list like they do with a lot of old games to which all of them work on my computer.

One of the greatest drawbacks of any Windows after Windows XP is its near complete loss of reverse compatibility with older programs, most notably older games, its also the reason why I won't upgrade to anything past the latest service package for XP.

The reason older Blizzard titles like Starcraft, Diablo and Diablo II are still playable even in Vista and Windows 7 is because Blizzard puts great care into making their games and keeps them constantly updating with the times.

Also Diablo II and Starcraft are still played on line via Battle.net, another reason they are kept up to date with ever evolving operating system.

Status
Not open for further replies.