• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

most pathetic game you ever played

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
The worst game I've ever played (that wasn't free- I've played too many bad free games to even count...) has definitely got to be Oblivion...

Combat is lame, the engine is buggy, the game is terribly optimized (it runs terribly on my PC while UT3 runs at max settings insanely smoothly) without .INI tweaking...

Sure, there are numerous quests, but they are all LINEAR. As in, I can't be an evil villain unless I join the Dark Brotherhood, but even at the end of that questline, only the members of the Dark Brotherhood revere and fear me, while everyone else STILL asks for my help and treats me like dogmeat. What the hell?

And don't even get me started on the combat. Unlike Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, Oblivion's combat lacks any sort of tactical elements. You just spam the left mouse-button as a fighter, assassinations aren't real assassinations (and the stealth system is totally broken), and magic is boring as hell, with spells that make me feel like a weakling, instead of an all-powerful badass.

Oh, and the traps are also broken... apparently, getting squished together by two stone walls doesn't turn you into a bunch of pulp, and it's impossible to actually be IMPALED by spikes.

The dialogue... oh, the dialogue... it's so bad that it's laughable. I'll admit, some characters are interesting and varied (like the Arena Blademaster), but for the most part, everyone sounds the same except for some key characters (notably the Emperor and Martin). And how come the old beggar that asks for money sounds like an old woman then starts speaking like she's 40 years younger? And what the hell happened with radiant AI? All I see are people standing around at shops or wandering the streets aimlessly, then going to the tavern to talk to eachother for an ingame hour or two, then going home to sleep. Where's the people talking about quests I can ask them about by ACTUALLY OVERHEARING them talk about the quest beforehand? Where are the NPC's with low morals stealing food from shops and other NPCs? Where are the NPC's hunting for food?

I rest my case.

If Oblivion is the worst game you've ever played, you're lucky.

Level 34
What about games that had a ton of potential? Id's say Fable 2 was one of the biggest dssapointments for me, and not during the game but after. I thought about it and realized how much better it could have been with small changes.

When discussing games with potential...
Battletoads on the NES is a good game, but they had to ruin the 2 player mode.
- You can stun and damage your co-player, whether you do it on purpose or not.
- When one player loses all his lives, both players have to start over the level. And the other player doesn't get his health replenished.

Level 6
The worst game i ever played was Mortal Kombat: Special Forces on PS.
And Red Alert 3 wasn't that bad.
But Uprising made it so imbalanced.
Does you guys hate Mobile Phone games?

Last edited:
Level 12
Super-Sheep, the one where you have to clean the house with some vaccuum cleaner?
I got it, and i broke it D:

TDR

TDR

Level 18
and magic is boring as hell, with spells that make me feel like a weakling, instead of an all-powerful badass.

lol wut? Do people even know how to play TES games?...In oblivion I was lvl 40 in 3 or 4 days with little effort, all-magic skills and I could own everything. I could walk invisible all the time, could become an ace fighter with a single spell (shield 80pts, fortify strength 100, fortify long blade 100 all for 1 min), had a spell that could kill anything in one hit (actually it was a combination of 2 spells, since weakness and damage effects don't add up in a single spell in oblivion; so first I would cast a spell that would cause max. weakness to all types of magic damage for 2-3 sec. then would cast a spell that dealt 100 of each type of damage on touch; the final result would stack up to around 1000 damage), I could raise my magicka to thousands and could cast spells with gigantic area of effect...I was freaking invincible.

I just started playing morrowind again now since my computer fried up and I reached lvl 30 in 2 days, all-magic skills except heavy armor (for wraithguard), blunt (for sunder) and long blade (for the swords of nerevar and almalexia). And again I own everything already...

For the record, I also didn't liked morrowind when I first played it, when it came out. I thought it was boring to read dialogs and kill worms lol...But I started playing it again a year after that just to see the story and that's what seduced me.

Yeah, and as for the most pathetic game I played, that would have to be Virtual Valerie...yeah...

Status
Not open for further replies.