• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Have you ever played old games?

Have you done this,

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
Just today, I've finished the greatest game of all time, Deus Ex. A few months ago, I've finished its sequel, Deus Ex: Invisible War. I've heard that in some interview in the past May, they announced that they were planning on making a third installment on the series. I creamed myself. Anyhow, back to what I was saying. There are plenty of reasons why I love that game. The idea of nanotechnological augmentations, the government conspiracies, how you're so free to go around and choose sides, the cyberpunk theme, the non-linearity of it, etc.

I don't know about other old games, but this one was awesome.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Kings Quest and Quest for Glory.

Level 10
@Danvanohllus => Yea you are right. But many people call old games as noob games or piece of shit. But they don't even know these old games made these new games. I'm happy that I see some people who loves to play old games ( still ). Thats so good

Level 6
Pc games?
Albion, Scorched Earth, Jetpack, Blood & Magic, Descent, Quest for Glory: Shadows of Darkness, Return Fire (fun times 1on1!), Warcraft II... to name a few.

Hmm, but this is in the colsole forum...
I have a Nes and a Snes. I love my junk to bits. Recently bought the Nes after a long time of yearning. For the Nes I got:

Lolo2
Mario Bros
Solomons Key
The Guardian Legend
Xexyz (in the mail somewhere)
Not to mention this little bundle of love

It's the old classics that really defined video games and paved the way for the next generation. Kids are rapidly falling into oblivion, I started seeing this long ago when, for example, someone thought Half-Life was a Counter-Strike mod...

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Scorched Earth!1111!onene!

And you get a reppy for playing Quest for Glory, one of my favorite series of all time.

Level 6
Back in the day just gaming on Super Mario Kart was like some of the best racing you could get :p And still is one of the best arcade racers out there in my opinion. I could be wrong, but then again I'm right in my eyes :p Other old games that I still enjoy;
Chrono Trigger
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
King of Fighter series
Fatal Fury series
Street Fighter series
Final Fantasy series before 10 and after 2
Grandia
Lunar
And the list could go on and on :p I still want to get my hands on a Neo Geo AES or CDZ system.

Level 6
Scorched Earth!1111!onene!

And you get a reppy for playing Quest for Glory, one of my favorite series of all time.

I always got stuck with something in Quest for Glory, then left it after a few(aka many) hours of frustration, trying to figure it out. T'was good game.
But Scorched Earth.... that was always fun. Laid-back, casual fun. I always went with the magnetic shield. Oh hello incoming lethal projectile! GOODBYE incoming lethal projectile!

Teehee.

Level 10
I actually started playing computer games when I was 5 years old, ahh I remember these days. My very first game was Powerslave. I played Doom type games and I still do! I also do modds for them too. I've played almost any game that ID software and 3dRealms made. I used to play Rayman series also.

Level 6
I don't think c&c was the first rts. I remember some other games that where pretty badly made before C&C. Can't remember the titles, but I'm pretty sure there were others before C&C. And I have you beat NoNZealot :p I've been gaming since I was like 3. But that was like sitting on my grandpa's lap while we played Duke Nukem and other games. Then when I was 4 I moved onto Lesiure Suit Larry and Wolfenstein :p Well, I also did alot of Pac Man back then too. My parents had an atari before I was born.

Level 26
I don't think c&c was the first rts. I remember some other games that where pretty badly made before C&C. Can't remember the titles, but I'm pretty sure there were others before C&C. And I have you beat NoNZealot :p I've been gaming since I was like 3. But that was like sitting on my grandpa's lap while we played Duke Nukem and other games. Then when I was 4 I moved onto Lesiure Suit Larry and Wolfenstein :p Well, I also did alot of Pac Man back then too. My parents had an atari before I was born.
21580.jpg

Level 13
Mario Bros
Sonic the Hedgehog (It was actually good back then)
Shining Force (For old games, this is my absolute favorite. It's a shame it was so overlooked though.)

Level 2
i still play a lot of the old games.
most i play are as follows
chrono trigger, chrono cross, final fantasy 7-9, final fantasy tactics, dead zone, pac man(the very first one), F-Zero X, and finally all of the metal slug games (I LOVE METAL SLUG!!!!!!!!!!!)

Level 6
Gaming doesn't revolve around the graphics man. Gaming revolves around the game play and story line. You might have a game with the best graphics in the world but the game play could suck ass. Or the story could be worst then Halo :p Look at how simple Tetris is and how addicting it is. Well not as addicting as Puyo Puyo Pop for me. But nether the less. Older games were the more simplier life with no loading screen intill the Sega Cd and other cd based systems came out. The cartridges are loading screen free. That's why if you have the choice between Ogre Battle for the psx or n64, pick up on the n64. That and the psx verisons costs alot more.

Level 11
Halo? For an fps, the storyline isn't HORRIBLE (im talking about halo 1 heh), also cardridges were more expensive in actuality back then, and thats why they fell into disuse, i really enjoy busting out my NES and SNES on occasion and just playin' some ol' classic games (FF1, Mario, mega man(s),kirby, and... DUCK HINT WOOT, heh) ((Ogre battle has to be one of the best turn based games ever)) Oh and....N64 FOR LIFE, psx ftl.

Level 2
Yes, (been replaying Chrono Trigger lately) games before were a lot better than they are now. They had a lot more thought and effort put into them because they weren't as hard to make as games now. Also they lasted a lot longer.

Level 8
Yes, (been replaying Chrono Trigger lately) games before were a lot better than they are now. They had a lot more thought and effort put into them because they weren't as hard to make as games now. Also they lasted a lot longer.

I loves Chrono Trigger......I love it when you get the Bio Clone Chrono or w/e it is...And Magus! Glad to see Im not the only one who likes Chrono Trigger!:infl_thumbs_up:

Level 14
sequel fails...

I finished the original game four times, might finish it again soon...

I consider old games as games in <1998 range. Halflife and Quake 2 are a mark of "new" games, at least for me. Well I played almost every old game (exaggeration, but I know most of them) except for these stupid zelda/finalfantasy whatever pseudo-crpg shit.

my comp is very shitty, can't run any of 2004+ games, so I stick to not-so-old but not new games.

oh and I still play very old games, especially on Atari emulator, so I can bring back good memories of 64KB memory and I play classic games through DosBox (currently Dune 2, Master of Magic and Master of Orion)

Level 6
Yeah. Working at the postal office I can tell you very little is hand-written mail, it's mainly advertising, bills, etc. I guess mail is for old people that have never touched a computer, and those who value the magic of letters. (the latter aka "awesome people")
The picture is as fresh as the controller, btw. :cwink:

Level 34
I really enjoyed my old games when they were weren't old. I can't go back to them though. I cannot understand why people like them, they don't handle well, the graphics are bad, and they usually aren't as fast paced.

Old FPS games are really bad now. They don't move well and look awful, in fact so awful I can't play it.

I tried playing NHL 95 or 96, whichever comes with NHL 07 (maybe 06). It was pretty bad, nothing near NHL 07.

I do think that some games such as duke nukem and Commander Keen were fun, and I could play them for kicks, but not for long. Maybe once through.

People say graphics don't make the game, which they don't, but why play old games with poor graphics when you can play games that have as good if not better game play and better graphics. To me, neither game play or graphics make a game alone. An ugly game isn't much fun to play.

Level 8
I missed out on most games the first time around. Luckily for me, there are thing like the Sega Mega Drive Collection and the Midway Arcade Collections on PS2 bringing back the oldies.

I really do not mind old graphics, most of the time. I like the Final Fantasy 5 and Star Ocean: The Second Story graphics. They remind me of my childhood which I assume is better than now, but I am probably looking back with rose tinted glasses. I wish I still had The Lost Vikings on GBA...

Level 34
Star Ocean: The Second Story was wicked. All of them were. Never played them much though. :(

Level 8
Ever played Star Ocean: 'til The End of Time? It is crap. It keeps going and going and going. I got to the start of the 2nd disc (2nd DVD to be exact, PS2 game) and was so bored. I tried to get back into it, but couldn't. The story was weak, battle wasn't very good, everything suddenly got tough and I had a character with 7999 Int of something like that. Her spells were super powerful, and I didn't ever cheat.

The game apparently had multiple endings but I never made it to even one. It was nothing like the SO:TSS. It was a waste of my time.

Grandia, and, to limited extent, Grandia 2, are quite old and quite fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.