• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Best SNES Game You Have Played

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
I think the only game I ever played on the SNES was some Donkey Kong game. At the time I was old enough to play video games, the Nintendo 64 and Dreamcast were out in stores and extremely popular, with the PS2 on the way.

Level 34
Didn't play much SNES as I grew up with Sega. I remember liking Star Wars and Zelda.

Level 34
Star Ocean. I forgot.

I'm now going through that game again, and it owns. Gonna have to play the sequels on PS1, PS2, and 360. Good thing they just happened to make all the games on the console I own in each generation.

Last edited:
Level 17
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (One of my all time favorite)
Donkey Kong Country 3 (I think that was the first game i completed, i was 4 years old)
Super Mario World (One of the best super mario games ever)
Super Mario RPG (Woah.. This was an epic game, cant say much more about it)
Super Mario Kart (heh... Mario Kart is awesome :p i have four users with 9999 points in mario kart Wii, and 3 stars in all cups :D)

Im a gaming freak heh.. I have about 15 consoles in total i think? and i have never tryed to count all my games...

Last edited:
Level 7
OMG! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! NO ONE MENTIONED SUPER CASTLEVANIA 4 NOR BATTLETOADS IN BATTLEMANIACS!!!
TO me, the best games i played on SNES were PLOK! (So many memories binding this game to me), Super Castlevania 4, Battletoads in Battlemaniacs, Super Mario All-stars ('Cuz it had soo much mario games in it) and, of course not to forget, F-Zero!

Super Castlevania 4
I consider this one as the best Castlevania game I've ever played.
SCV4 has the most fluent control (for instance, you have the control over the character's jumps unlike the other linear CV games, and you can crawl while ducking), and you can whip at eight directions. The graphics are impressive for a 16-bit console, and the music brings a special atmosphere to the stages.
So it deserved that extra "Super" in the title very well.

Level 17
OMG! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! NO ONE MENTIONED SUPER CASTLEVANIA 4 NOR BATTLETOADS IN BATTLEMANIACS!!!
TO me, the best games i played on SNES were PLOK! (So many memories binding this game to me), Super Castlevania 4, Battletoads in Battlemaniacs, Super Mario All-stars ('Cuz it had soo much mario games in it) and, of course not to forget, F-Zero!

I would not call Super Mario All-Stars itself a game, otherwise i would have mentioned it myself. This is just like a collectors edition :p

Level 7
SCV4 has the most fluent control (for instance, you have the control over the character's jumps unlike the other linear CV games, and you can crawl while ducking), and you can whip at eight directions. The graphics are impressive for a 16-bit console, and the music brings a special atmosphere to the stages.

You forgot about the 8 directions you can whip... So bad that castlevania x (5, I dunno why they didn't call it only 5, or at least v) removed those things...

I did mention the 8 direction whip I my post if you read carefully

And about Dracula X:
The more logical reason why they called the next game Castlevania: Dracula X is that it's a butchered port of Devil's Castle Dracula X: Rondo of Blood, which was made for the PC-Engine (aka Turbografx-16 in USA). A remake of the original PC-Engine version was later on released outside Japan for the PSP as a part of the Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles collection disc, simply called Castlevania: Rondo of Blood.

Last edited:
Level 4
Super Mario World
Battletoads & Double Dragons: The Ultimate Team
Breath of Fire II
E.V.O. Search of Eden
Final Fantasy II and III
Harvest Moon
The Lost Vikings I and II
Mario Is Missing! (first game to star Luigi, but still has Mario in the title XD)
Mortal Kombat I, II, and III
Nobunaga's Ambition II
Ogre Battle (adored this game XD)
Romance of the Three Kingdom's IV
Secret of Mana
SimAnt
Super Mario RPG
Uncharted Waters II
WCW Super Brawl

If you cant tell I went down a list of SNES games and picked all the games I had an loved XD

Status
Not open for further replies.