• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Goblin's tale!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Too much off-topic
on-topic:Bro,you shud make a small reward after every murloc wave like:
A gem or somethin instead of the lumber resource,with that gem you can buy some special things or increase your attributes or dunno,pets,turrets?Or,make a shop of an engineer that sells turrets (like the Ivory Tower)
Edit:One more thing,I thing it would be cool if you attach merchant effects overhead of the merchants like:
A gold coin (gold coins item)attached overhead of merchant that sells crap,dunno,or gold coins attached to all merchs

Level 9
"...The reason why i choosed murlocs like the enemis..."

I think it must be something like:
"The reason why I have chosen murlocs as enemies:"

And I think it is called "Engineer".

Too much off-topic
on-topic:Bro,you shud make a small reward after every murloc wave like:
A gem or somethin instead of the lumber resource,with that gem you can buy some special things or increase your attributes or dunno,pets,turrets?

It was already intended, but not as much as some other Hero defence maps. Murlocs might drop a few good goodies or weapons, but seriously, only a few, because since I really want to include an RPG kind of feeling in this map too, I want player to go discover the terrain at 100% to find out the secret merchants that sells artifacts, etc.

Or,make a shop of an engineer that sells turrets (like the Ivory Tower)

Already included that idea for engineer class.

Edit:One more thing,I thing it would be cool if you attach merchant effects overhead of the merchants like:
A gold coin (gold coins item)attached overhead of merchant that sells crap,dunno,or gold coins attached to all merchs

Personally, that would look silly, also, you should not forget that every merchant will have his own house and his surrounding, and THAT should tell you enough about what he is selling. For example, the engineers Gimpo, Gamble and Zoko, will have machinery, triggers, tool box, all around them.

---------------------------

That male villager has a HUGE head. :p
What model are they based on? And what animations do they use? As a modeler I'm quite curious about this, hope you don't mind I'm asking.

They use the villager kid model, and they have the same animations.

Man,if you make that engineer merchant I suggest this name:Mecha Minko
If you had read the merchant descriptions, you would already know there,s 3 engineer merchants in Goblin's Tale.

----------------------------

Engineer = I fixed that Typo error for the class type, but I think I forgot to fix it in the villager's descriptions.

P.S = I'm off for the week-end, will be back in 2 days and will work like CRAZY on making the terrain :p

Is there any way i can help you Mr.Goblin?
i can make model-edits and some textures :)

For now, I don't really need help. Cavman is offering the help I need about modeling and Pyramidhead too.

Altought, will keep you in mind, if I need help somedays.

Edit = Started the new Terrain for Goblin's Tale, and it's 10 times better :D

cheers! No Screenshots yet available.

Edit 2 = FIRST SCREENSHOTS REVEALED! OF THE NEW TERRAIN
That's pretty much the only thing I made so far.. but still :p

Last edited:
great looking new terrain

Nice terrain >8D

Oh fuck. It's too awesome.

Man, that's AwESOME Terrain :D

Thanks alot mate, I'm working for you guys, the potential players :D <3

------------------------

The terrain looks cool, that cannot be denied ^^

You certainly have a touch for goblin-style machiny-looking terrain.
Damn you, you inspired me to make improvement to my terrain too! :D

Happy to hear that...BUT! as long as you are not copying my style of terrain, i'm okay with that.

Ex:
(Orange fog, Half-Oasis, Half dersert terrain, Big pieces of Gear everywhere.)

Also, The terrain is important, but remember that it's mostly the gameplay that will let people play your game, over and over again. :D

Ahh... Well - Mr. Goblin - really, you don't mind doing terrains over and over again? i get some feeling from time to time, of superiority, or sum'thin, when i do some wicked piece of terrain, or a 'nizzle trigguh!

haha thanks mate... also, why I decided to remake the terrain is simple, and I already told it in the past.

Needed more space to fight the murloc, there was a few doodad spam here and there, and Diablo 3 terrain by Cloudwolf made me yet my pants... and I knew I could do something epic too with time. :D

here's your answer.

Well, that was not what i asked at all, but, well, that was nice to know as well! what i meant to ask, do you also get the feeling, that i described in the last post?

sorry, no I don't get the fealing, I simply get inspired each time I see doodads, models etc.

Belive it or not, the last 2 week, I was tinking of the ''look'' of Goblin's Tale could have, in my mind. and finally been putting it down.

No, not all the terrain comes from my mind, but for example, the Big Gear Door thingy, had it in my mind, or the diffrent stairs lever too. Or this, or that, and just putted everything together and we have a nice result :D

I'm a concept artist after all.

Edit = 3 new screenshot revealed!

Edit 2 = Don't worry, just realised in 1 of the screenshot a flag was detached from his post, just fixed it, will uploaded a fixed screenshot version later.

Last edited:
Good terrain + I like the first post, really pimped. :D. Your also pretty creative I really want to see this finished.
PS: I am expecting good textures. :) So if not then YOU ARE NOT MR. GOBLIN!

Well so far, made a texture for Big Tim, Wako Ali, villagers textures, a rock texture (the orange rocks). + all the icons as shown in the first thread.

So, I think it's a pretty good start :D

It is. :D Good luck!

Thanks mate.

--------------

2 New Screenshots Revealed!

Also, I've decided to add underground tunels under the Goblin village. This will help the players to get to certain points in the map faster, instead of walking on the bridges, going around rocks, going down stairs to get to where they want. Altought, the underground passage might only be open after a few rounds. Let's say, it will open at after the sixth round.

That way players will still discover the village before being able to go under.

Whoah! That's a NICE Mine!

Thanks mate.

---------------

I have something that have been bugging me, should I or should I not include a fixed camera on your hero?

because with the underground and the other island I want your hero to discover etc. I don't really want you to be able to see things before you should see them, or you could see all the hidded terrains when you are not supposed to, etc...

If you add a fixed camera... that would ruin your game... It ruins every game and is more than annoying. You barely have control over our hero o_O

good point, also just talked with Debode, and I will simply include thick fog of war areas. (like in the campaign).

and maybe simply restained the camera on the hole region, beside the hero picking spot and the underground spot.

Level 27
Fixed camera is only good if it adds to immersion.
Which it DOES NOT in maps where you want to look at the terrian, and not the hero ;)
Also, if adding a fixed camera, add commands for the camera to go to places like F.X. the shops to players can check the prices on items without going all the way back. :/

Another idea would be to make a Fixed Camera MODE.

Thanks all..

here's a quick sketch of the village layout.

As you can see, there's going to be 4 murlocs spamming spots.

There's 3 Tactical areas you and your friends should dispatched to be able to control the flows of enemies.

Now, not every levels shall come from the 4 spots. They will switch, sometimes the murlocs with come from 2 different areas, sometimes they will come from 4 different areas. etc.

depends again on the level difficulties, depends if it's a boss or not, etc.

P.S the terrain is not finished yet, so don't be surprised if there's blank spot on the terrain.

Attachments

• Nouveau Image bitmap.PNG
    Nouveau Image bitmap.PNG
    811.3 KB · Views: 111
Hmmmmm.......

Berserker = Barbarian
Alchemist = Witch Doctor
Thief = Monk
Engineer = Sorceress/Wizard (forgot -_-)

Lulz, how Diablo freak am I xD

Are there more classes coming?

Berserker = Freak that loves to kill.
Alchemist = it I'nt vodoo! it's chemastry.
Thief = he's no spiritual dude, he's a THIEF!
Engineer = Ain't no magic, IT'S BOUUUM!

concerning the Samurai class, it will come, apparently I forgot him :p

Status
Not open for further replies.