1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Units have been turned into heroes in our latest Icon Contest! Vote for the best icon set at the Icon Contest #18 Poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Goblin's tale!

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Mr.Goblin, Jul 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamecrafter_DK

Gamecrafter_DK

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well, i do some correcture reading on people's maps... You just ask me if you need help ^^ i'm not a native englishman, so some phrases and such may evade me, but i feel i have VERY good control over my english language. 2 years ago i got this statement of an english speaking test: "Your english speech and vocabulary is a bit above the level of most native englishmen" or so... it just didn't use 'sayings' and so. Hope this'll encourage you to use me. I froze in my english exam here before the summer... so i only got... c+ i think it was... But that's a good grade too! And censor was completely incoherent :/ well... I also have 4 english dictionaries ^^

I won't take your job, just know, that i'll always be here to help. Although i AM going on a vacation. in some time.

2. Direfury

Direfury

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I've written before, and have, if I do say so myself, near-flawless grammar. If you need descriptions or stories, you know who to ask.

3. Wolfe

Wolfe

Resources:
    Resources:
    Or me. I actually live in an english-speaking country. Sad, I know. <.< I am like one of the only ones who lives in Australia on The Hive Workshop.

4. Gamecrafter_DK

Gamecrafter_DK

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    :/ we are getting many!... Orscythe... are you sure that it's in entire australia? ... there ARE far between people. you may just not know so many people around you.

5. Wolfe

Wolfe

Resources:
    Resources:
    Australia was discovered and claimed by Great Britain. The majority, other than migrants who do not wish to speak english, speak the language of our forefathers (yeah, not I. I'm an immigrant myself). But I am not wanting to do it. Just joining conversation. =D

{EDIT}
    Meh. I know a lot about it myself. I migrated here anyway. xD But I'm not quite fond of Britons. Anyway, enough mindless chit chat. xD

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2009
  6. syltman

syltman

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks awesome! Can't wait for this to be done

and as you said the name needs a change (it sounds like A Tinker's tale alot)

7. Mr.Goblin

Mr.Goblin

Art and Graphic Design Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hello there! I'm using my Uncle's computer and it took me 10 min to open this page since Internet is so slow, just wanted to say hi! and to say everything is going well so far..

Also that Most of the Merchant items have been created, that we are working really hard on making this map fun and enjoying...

I will only be back in 3 days, to see what's going on!

have a nice day all, and for the Grammar Corrector helps, it's okay Debode can handle it, but i do thank you for asking.. so yeah

Have a nice day, and right now, i'm working on an interface if Linaze and Debode accepts..

LONG LIVE THE GOBLINS!

8. Mr.Goblin

Mr.Goblin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thanks leet, lol I came back to town for 1 day, and right now i'm in the middle of a BEST BUY, which is pretty funny, yeah i did use some Donut's model, check the credit, anyway, just wanted to say that, you guys are NOT ON TOPIC, also that i made so far alot of icons for this project... anyway cya

9. Just_Spectating

Just_Spectating

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    let's just say we're keepin the thread alive while ur gone :D

10. Mr.Goblin

Mr.Goblin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ..#Face palm#...

Yeah well, right now i'm again at my uncle's computer, so will make it quick, The sun finaly came out after 2 weeks of smoosh... /cheers, also so far, if Linaze does the triggers that i asked in 1 of my email.

Bobby Crazy Eye will be finished.
    Gimpo, Gamble and Zoko will be finished.
    George the Third = The tourist Tuskarr = is already finished

so, so far everything is doing great!

Big Tim, Wako Ali and Old Grammy are far to be completed, but the momment i will receive the map back, i will finish Old Grammy.

For the murloc's wave, i haven't started yet, but i'm right now working on putting all the names, spells, theme etc on paper, won't take too long :D

so yeah, cya guys, see you in 3 days.

^^

and don't worry, cause while Linaze is working on the map, i'm making icons, so we are not waisting time, we even have more time :D

soooo yeah, have a nice day all!

EDIT = Linaze is missing D:, i sended him the map 1 week ago, and haven't answered back yet.. so can't tell at what point we are in the map process, also i can't work on the map for now wich kinds of suck.... but anyway, i'm right now working on Wallpapers for you guys, (making them for fun). So right now i'm making a Wallpaper of the Alchemist Classe, hope you will enjoy it.. :D see you back in 3 days :D, i'm coming back to town in 4 days! soo see you back than! :D

Last edited: Jul 19, 2009
  11. Mr.Goblin

Mr.Goblin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hum good news, Zeverens here, joined the team has a brainstorming partner, due to his brilliante ideas we managed to write down all the items sold by the merchants, also we are right now looking for all the classes's spells! :D cheers!

an other serious information also, after a long conversation with Debode and Linaze, we decided to make the map abit more serious that i wanted too, so like usual, the items and the hero spells will be serious, it's the descriptions that will not be lame :D

and it's not all the spells neither all the items that might have a funny description also... but only the futur will tell us.

-------------
    Old Grammy will sell 5 items
    Bobby Crazy Eye will sell 4 items
    Gimpo, Gamble and Zoko will sell 6 items
    Big Tim will sell 9 items
    Wako Ali will sell 5 items
    Mr.Goblin will sell 5 items

so = 34 items will be sold by merchant.
    ----------------

Also I'm planning on remaking the first thread, to change the interface looking and to make it better and nicer for you has hive members. Elenai will be responsable to remake each classes and Merchant description, without removing any important information that are already found in this thread. The Items will be shown each time one of the item will be done in the WE and when the icon will be also done.

For the map, we also want to include maybe a camera system, that makes the gameplay more funny and more interresting, the camera system have been given to me by the leader of the well known project Everwood RPG, :D

that's the news for today, i'm heading back to my cottage next week, and i will be back later....

I contacted Linaze, and he said he will be really really busy so he wont be able to make all the triggers i'm asking him to do in the respected time.

so, cheers!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
  12. Wolfe

Wolfe

Resources:
    Resources:
    Everwood's camera system? I hope Chris'll keep the rest of our systems under his belt. A few others have it too.

Anyway, looks nice. GJ.

13. Mr.Goblin

Mr.Goblin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Bah will see, btw, there's 2 Wallpaper waiting for you! Hive members! also after the beta release We will create a site for this lovely project :D

14. DoOs_101

DoOs_101

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    So its like a defense map?

Me always fond Goblins! Was about to make a Goblin vs. Gnome map but this one blows me off :grin: hehe so I'ma make a horror map instead.

Nice idea, though sometimes simple maps require an extra feature that will keep players loving this map. Hehe don't want them to get bored too fast.

15. Mr.Goblin

Mr.Goblin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    yeah thanks for the advise, but first, i shall (me and my team) should finish the beta version, and than work will talk about futur updates...

btw, i haven't worked on the map for the last 3 weeks, due to some other summer project + family + other fun stuff...

so yeah, but when i will be back in august i will be in a massive rush to catch up the time.. :D

16. Gamecrafter_DK

Gamecrafter_DK

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well, i'm back with feedback and, (although i'd like to avoid it as much as possible) annoying offtopic questions!

So... the murlocs WILL have other names than 'knight' and 'footman' (ripped off human names) right?

17. Mr.Goblin

Mr.Goblin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    yes .. don't worry :D also, i added the first wallpaper!

18. Gamecrafter_DK

Gamecrafter_DK

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It looks pretty :3 although the turtle seems oddly placed, but i'm pretty sure it's just a joke ^^ hope the next 1'll get a background... or just a white background... It'll go with my wall then :3

19. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Lolz, I love the frog :D

Didn't notice the lil' bugger when you showed me the wallpaper in MSN

20. Mr.Goblin

Mr.Goblin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ^^ Okay, let's get back on topic :D

me and Zeverens managed to write down every items of this project sold by merchant, also resently if you haven't realised yet, I created a group of map makkers with my friend Debode / Linaze / Zeverens and Cavman (we are NOT looking for new members) but because of that I have been quite busy the last 4 days, making signature, logos, skins, icons for this lovely group we created together.

soon anof we will have a site with all our project shown to the world.

just saying that Goblin's Tale have been putted on hold for now, but! it will come back later with more power :D.

Thanks again for living this growing project of mine with me.

{EDIT}
    Also, because of that (forgot to tell) I wont upload this thread anymore BUT! i will keep on posthing new informations about the map until the site is done and complete

====New information====
    The Alchemist spells are written on papper!

-Poison Potion = The alchemist throws a potion on the ground, that released a massive cloud of poison, wich caused the Murlocs to choke and receive damage over seconds + have a reduce mouvement speed and a reduce attack speed made by the fact they are poisoned by the cloud.

-Potion of Vitality = The alchemist throws a potion at a friend wich heals the friend by ''X''

-Mushy Potion = Made of magic fungus, this potion when throwed on the ground creates a big magic cloud, wich mana regeneration and more chance to dodge to his goblin friends.

-Magic Dust = this unknown dust can puts murlocs into a deep sleep for ''X'' seconds
    =======================

also, i made a new texture for the map, wich is my new avatar, a goblin money texture. I decided also to create my own Interface for the map, but for now it shall wait because i'm still working on Bloodlust Studios.

that's the news for today.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.