1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Goblin's tale!

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Mr.Goblin, Jul 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolfe

Wolfe

Resources:
    Resources:
    The Berserker
    Seismic Fury [ACTIVE]
    The Berserker slams his pickaxe into the mighty earth, sending a force of violent earth in a target line that uproots targets away from the line and deals xxx damage.

Angerstrike [ACTIVE]
    The Berserker strikes a target with such anger that the targets next to it are also struck for xx% more damage than the Berserker's initial damage.

On The Warpath [PASSIVE]
    The Berserker is given a xx% of entering a frenzy that increases his attack speed by xx% each time he uses an ability.

2. Mr.Goblin

Mr.Goblin

Art and Graphic Design Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    nice ideas! i really love the On the Warpath one :D

3. Gamecrafter_DK

Gamecrafter_DK

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    On the warpath - Very simple to trigger :p but it's a great idea. i found out a way to make triggered abilities autocast (on attack only, though.) And i'm using it alot. Just for everyones' record, i HAVE offered my help over a private chat with Mr.Goblin. So now it's... 'official'

One last berserker's spell:

CHARGE (or alike) [Active]
    You know, either the WoW one, where it's singletarget, and the berserker runs to him, or the more WCIII-y where the hero actually just follows a shockwave. I can make both. I think there's a replica of the charge spell in the gaulish wars map, but it's heavily outdated, and you've said to me, that you don't want people to go where they're not allowed, so i'm guessing that you should ignore this whole thing, starting from 'or the more WCIII-y...' 'kay?

Nothing says 'berserker' like a charge!

4. Alagremm

Alagremm

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Awesome project Mr.Goblin!
    However murlocs are strange...

The village you made looks really goblinish.
    I would even think that its the city of Edj on isle of Kezan.

But I know that the enemies of the goblins are the naga, pirates(ironic isnt it?)and trolls.

5. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Don't forget gnomes(the famous rivalry), night elves(they like nature, goblins ruin it) and tauren(same).

6. Gamecrafter_DK

Gamecrafter_DK

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Aren't you... kinda... copying WoW?... Murlocs are always a common enemy in WCIII it's a perfectly natural enemy for all. besides, WoW tauren and NE is vastly different from WCIII ones, and there's no gnomes. Don't ripoff wow, unless it's an obvious intention. I hate it :/

7. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Dude. Gnomes existed waaaaaaay before WoW. Where do you think the goblin submarines or the goblin flying machines came from?(WCII)

Besides... Why Tauren and NE are different? Goblins cut trees off, and they(NE\Tauren) love trees.

8. Gamecrafter_DK

Gamecrafter_DK

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    They sure did, but this map is made in WC III (3), and THERE they don't exist. About the tauren and NE, tauren are only represented by 2 units in WCIII, and they don't have any quarrel with cutting trees, at all. what's the regular tauren using for weapon? And NE, They again, do use wisps to harvest lumber, but force of nature, war club and other wood-exploit abilities, makes me go; "well, they're not fanatics, obviously". And, i'm pretty sure, that they would seem SO off... 'goblins vs elves'... i see NO reason why Murloc isn't good enough. Besides that, i'm pretty sure that there is no 'goblin lumberjack' listed on the 'roles list' And there isn't even any shredders! The map would have to be drastically changed to fit NE as enemies. Murloc, on the other hand, tend to be destructive, for the sake of destruction, if you've played the custom campaign by Blizz, you know that.

9. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Whatever. I like lore, you like other stuff. Now, I've noticed the waves. Now THAT'S the kind of thing I mean that is quite bad. "Wave 1: Murloc Villagers", "Wave 2: Murloc Hunters"? Dude... Like someone said before me, those TDs are not realistic, and, to be honest, they quite suck. Stick with our idea - trust me, it will look better. Btw, when you'll get back from your vacation, contact me through MSN, I need to talk to you about something... (also, I'm done with the model you requested)

10. Gamecrafter_DK

Gamecrafter_DK

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ... I like lore more than the most, you obviously didn't read what i wrote, i used lore references, although i also doubt how 'official' the custom blizz mission is. Also, 'murloc villagers' :D yeah, I think it's stretching it a bit much (why should simple villagers attack :S?), and, I think I was the one who mentioned the mixed levels for reality ;P

11. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Also "Murloc Knights". Bah, I'll have to talk to him in MSN about it as soon as his back. And, if you are to go for the more lore solution, then I say night elves or tauren. WoW lore counts as something. Besides, goblin provided his own 'lore' - the Goblin music is very loud and the murlocs can't sleep, so they get pissed off and go to ravage the village. It gives a little humorous tint to it, but it's also has some logic in it. Anyways, why wont we just let Goblin decide how he wants his map...?

12. Gamecrafter_DK

Gamecrafter_DK

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think 'murloc knights' just are a unit based on the human knight. Well, i obviously disagree with the NE + Tauren lore of wow, since it happens a well time after the events of WCIII, if you remember the first wow movie. And, the goblins aren't cutting trees!, also, in Wow, tauren buildings are made out of leather and logs. NE and tauren connection is not trees, it's earth if you know, that they both have some diggers in their maín city ETC. I like Mr. Goblins solution way better, since goblins are known for their crazyness, and, maybe also festivities, being loud and funny, so that's what people'll expect from a goblin map.

Well, i AM letting Mr. goblin decide what he wants with his, map, i'm just arguing for his cause. It's you who wants NE. :/ (although i DO feel, that we both are letting him decide for his own, he have no quarrel with wiping out MY ideas, and i don't see yours being any different ^^) I've just worked with him before, and i kinda get what he wants from his maps... It's just given me an insight into what i'd expect him to want to make.
    We're just giving artistic feedback, also, he's on the other side of the world, so he's quite slow at getting online XD ... we gotta do SOMETHING, as we're interested in the map ^^

13. Mr.Goblin

Mr.Goblin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Okay, let's make it clear please..

1# = The name i choosed sucks alot I know, but this is easy to change, so i'm ready for your preposition..

2# = I wont change the enemis because MURLOCS ARE AWESOME!

My reasons=
    Murlocs are stupid enemis, think about it, do you think taurens and Night elfs will attack with waves, with no spells no tactic etc? NO!.. murloc will

Murlocs are awesome enemis, cause they are funny, they are creepy, and they fith with my Sea shore village, also, do you think all the murlocs will come from the bridges?!... :D

The goal of this game was to make something funny, and murlocs really fits the team, Night-Elf doesn't and Tauren neither..

Murlocs can be diffrent sizes, Night-Elf or taurens can't..

Murlocs can have funny spells, like fish net, fart etc..

There's at least 8 murlocs model in wacraft3 and don't worry i have some great ideas for the futur..

now please... gentleman, and ladys, let's get over it..

Edit = and on this thread, there's only the basic informations, because it will ruine the hole fun aspect of discovering new stuff.. D: comeone guys! you are like 5 years old children that wants to know your Christmass Gift before time! D:

And i'm leaving tonight in like 6 hours..

14. Gamecrafter_DK

Gamecrafter_DK

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well

.. that's a fitting description of me ^^ well... but at least i'm pitching, and i never wanted to change your idea, i love the whole 'funny exploring' angle ^^

15. Alagremm

Alagremm

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Im imressed.
    But maybe murlocks are awesome and stupid enough, but you do need to change their names(murloc kings and knights are kinda strange). Murlocs are actually peaceful(but they can get pissed).
    Mur'gul are aggresive and can be sent by the naga who want to take goblins port.

But anyway your murloc ideas are funny, so let them stay!
    Its nice that you have even more ideas.(You will have flying murlocs? :O)

As for the name...no ideas.
    The name you gave is great, strange for a defence(even for such awesome as yours), but great.

16. Gamecrafter_DK

Gamecrafter_DK

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The name can really be justified... if you make it like, an intro and outtro, and middle sequenses like; "and so the goblins lived peacefully for a month, even though most of the time were spent repairing buildings... and getting the fart scent out of their clothes" it'll make it look like a tale, and also it'll bring the humourous aspect into the game ^^

(i also think that 'murloc knight' is WAY off.)

17. Alagremm

Alagremm

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Srsly. Even if its a murloc on a turtle he shouldnt be a knight.

And for the end - After finding out that he's little annoing son is dead(leaving him more chances to be king longer)murloc king thanks you and since then murlocs and goblins lived in peace(especially when goblins sold murlocs as slaves)

18. Mr.Goblin

Mr.Goblin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    oky! good new! me and my team members (Linaze and debode)!

finaly made the brainstorming for the levels!

and all the levels have been set on paper (models, units, spells)

i'm leaving with the computer to my cottage, so i could work on the map, BUT! i won't spend my hole summer in front of a computer :D

so be ready to have a major update in august! but not THAT big F:

^^

{EDIT 1}
    woohou! the berserker model slicy changed thanks to Cavman :p

and if now it doesn't ring you a bell than you better take a look at the goblin's model submitions

{EDIT 2}
    Last update! until 3 weeks I,m leaving see you soon guys!

NEw spell revealed! for the beserker! :D enjoy your vacation all! will keep contact with Linaze!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2009
  19. Gamecrafter_DK

Gamecrafter_DK

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    :/ just spectating - you didn't have to SAY that :/

There are still SOME spelling errors in the map description, but it's readable, definately. You have 'textman' right? Debode? Most of the errors are in the small popup pictures, but i guess it'll be too much work to replace them and so on, if you aren't carrying a multilayer picture file around somewhere. ^^ just letting you know. (Enemies* e.g.)

20. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Gamecrafter, my plan is to re-write all of the items, names and so on when Goblin will finish the beta, but I still have to contact Goblin about that. And I suppose goblin should have the multilayer images. I am aware of Goblin's grammar and spelling errors, that's the main contribution I would like to contribute to this project(not like my grammar is "perfect" though [​IMG])

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.