• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Goblin's tale!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Wow! The terrain has really improved since last time - it has great atmosphere. However, the stairs in screenshot no.4 need some work. Add something to them to make it unique, like maybe torches, or maybe some of it is sunken in sand or something to keep it from repeating so much.

Maliko Sharkbait has a spelling error - "curant" should be "current" and with the engineer, "intelligents" should be "intelligence". If you need, I can go through and check for spelling mistakes?

Wow! The terrain has really improved since last time - it has great atmosphere. However, the stairs in screenshot no.4 need some work. Add something to them to make it unique, like maybe torches, or maybe some of it is sunken in sand or something to keep it from repeating so much.

Maliko Sharkbait has a spelling error - "curant" should be "current" and with the engineer, "intelligents" should be "intelligence". If you need, I can go through and check for spelling mistakes?

thanks for pointing these errors out, and for spelling mistake, will ask Debode, since it's his job :D

Edit = I'm remaking the hole thread prensentation. Won't upload anything until it's done :p

Last edited:
What? again? You sure love to remodel it alot :D

Indeed, when I don't like the look of it, I make it better. For the only reason that I enjoy doing it, gives me a break for goblin's Tale, gives me the time to think of what I will do. :thumbs_up:

What are you guys talking about?

get back on topic.

Anyway, like I said, just got the layout for the new thread presentation, didn't made anything related to it yet. I've been working since yesterday on the new descriptions for the villager, including their storys and characters and digging it about more in Goblin's Tale lore.

You showed some models of standard Villagers if im correct.
Whats their function? are they just running away in an Intro or
do they actually desperatly attack murlocs?

They just bring live in the village between the murlocs waves, + they are important somehow for the lore. :p

Level 15
1. Villagers are necessary for a villag, duh :D

2. Rizz_Boomer, why u like his proejct and not mine? o_O

3. I for once, understand Mr. Goblin. I also think when u see something and think "this could be better" you can start doing it all over again.

Level 8
Good looks very good, im very impressed but please let this map not end like many hero maps, where your hero is mostly surrounded by hundred of creeps and where you are just looking if your hp low and then consume one of the hundred healing poitions in your inventory.

Give some reasons to move or to change the battle positions. For example make the player to avoid spells or missiles and make them able to work with ambuscades.

Keep on the good work:thumbs_up:
(sry for my bad english)

Was just asking.
never said they should be effective defense, also it could be possible to take care of them too, for example: if a villager dies you get less gold every round.

good idea.. but I probably won't include that, since pretty much all the merchant will hide in their house during the fight. I might let a few merchant fight on your side tought, Like they deal 1 damage and get invulnerable during each wave, just for the ''look'' and epicness to be fighting with them.

Now concerning the incoming thread presentation.

It's going slowly, but that's the price for good quality.

Edit = just finished all the merchant new descriptions, wich is cool! Can't wait to present them to you.

Last edited:
Level 17
You could have missions too - like rescues and reinforcing towers with villagers eager to defend their land?

You could also introduce a battle merchant who fights and supplies players with upgrades or the village with reinforced defenses?

You could have missions too - like rescues and reinforcing towers with villagers eager to defend their land?

You could also introduce a battle merchant who fights and supplies players with upgrades or the village with reinforced defenses?

It's a really good idea, but it's not fithing Goblin's Tale terrain at all.

+ Let's not forget that Goblin's Tale will be a strategy game concerning the combos you make with your partners spells and the items you use.

Indeed, having only 1 class type for every player will be stupid...

anyway, the new descriptions for every merchants are almost done, just have to correct the grammar.

-------------

Not so shure if I want to include some massive info about this project, like a Hole Wikipedia of Goblin's Tale. (I would like to do it, but it would be a massive waist of time that I could need to work on polishing the map.)

that will depend ''if player loves it or not'' or if they ask more.

A hole Wikipedia of Goblin's Tale? Why so?

(P.S it's Waste.)

Just a full description of every single villagers, with their position, and their personnal info. + a description of the origin of the village, etc..

just like a full page of useless stuff but that will make you enjoy the game much more.

I like that idea, with the Wikipedia. that'll really put a bit more story into play.

yeah me thinks to.

FInaly Goblin's Tale won't be that silly after all :p

Good news, the terrain for the village is almost complete.

wich means, we are getting closer of the Beta release :D

(indeed, the beta will only involve the village and the related mountain only)

The exploring will be added later on.

Level 14
Only the village and related mountain? Well, is there much to explore behind those?Hope not, cause I wanna see all! :D

Level 6
you and you're stinking maps i'll draw my own and leave you in the dust..... where am i again..... wich ways north..... DAMN!

on a more serious not (forgive me im tired is late) i think you'll do a great job, do you have pics of the terrain?

you and you're stinking maps i'll draw my own and leave you in the dust..... where am i again..... wich ways north..... DAMN!

............................................................................sorry what?

on a more serious not (forgive me im tired is late) i think you'll do a great job, do you have pics of the terrain?

Indeed I have, it's on the first post.. ''screenshots''

-------------------------------
Just made 4 new icons today and Gamecrafter_DK implented the lottery item system in :D

Take it easy man... I was just asking, cause I was curious o_O
Wasn't going to copy anything

haha he's joking.. don't worry about it.

The system is simple, since the Gamble, Zoko and Gimpo sells some dangerous toys.

like (Teleguided fighter robot, and Teleguided helicopter toy)

these two doesn't have to be control, since they will attack by themself the first enemie that attacks you, and they will folow you every.

------------------------------
Ramus will talk to you on msn.

GOOD NEWS!

Today.. me and Debode had a meeting.

We've talked for 4 hours strait (none stop) about Goblin's Tale and his gameplay and the systems we should include.

Sadly.. in 4 hours we only managed to talk about the hero spells pretty much xD

but! good news.. The Thief classes is not completly set and ready to be done in WE. So is the berserker and the Alchemist

Just have to find 1 last spell for the engineer and we are set for all the classes! :D

Btw.. I've decided with Debode that the samurai won't be part of Goblin's Tale anymore... an other class replaced it. (I won't reveal it yet :D)

Level 12
GOOD NEWS!

Today.. me and Debode had a meeting.

We've talked for 4 hours strait (none stop) about Goblin's Tale and his gameplay and the systems we should include.

Sadly.. in 4 hours we only managed to talk about the hero spells pretty much xD

but! good news.. The Thief classes is not completly set and ready to be done in WE. So is the berserker and the Alchemist

Just have to find 1 last spell for the engineer and we are set for all the classes! :D

Btw.. I've decided with Debode that the samurai won't be part of Goblin's Tale anymore... an other class replaced it. (I won't reveal it yet :D)

Awesome that this is getting updated i happened to just read the first page and you said "with hard work this will be done in 2 weeks" i guess there wasnt as much hard work as expected ^^

Awesome that this is getting updated i happened to just read the first page and you said "with hard work this will be done in 2 weeks" i guess there wasnt as much hard work as expected ^^

not really.. decided to add more stuff systems, school got in the way.. other projects as well.

than I droped it.. than I ressurect it..

If I had took the first concept of goblin's Tale back than during the summer.. indeed in 2 weeks it would have been finish.. The terrain would have been ugly.. the gameplay = okay..

but after a while it would have been boring to play it.

Now that it have been said....

I've just finished 3 icons for the hero spells. cheers!

Well, i've incorporated my systems into the map itself - it wasn't as complete as i thought :/ it just needs someone to pull his buttcheeks together, and get everything done from a hero selection system, over the heroes finished, to the enemy waves, so it actually is playable. THEN finish the tonnes of items and such. Mr. Goblin - you need to prioritize a little better.

Well, i've incorporated my systems into the map itself - it wasn't as complete as i thought :/ it just needs someone to pull his buttcheeks together, and get everything done from a hero selection system, over the heroes finished, to the enemy waves, so it actually is playable. THEN finish the tonnes of items and such. Mr. Goblin - you need to prioritize a little better.

(for the hero picking and the murloc waves)
The triggers are already implanted and simply got turned off due to the terrain change.

Now.. This won't take for ever to set it back to normal.. since it's just a mater of putting down regions and fixing the triggers so they identify the regions.

Now.. at this stage.. everything that I make for the map is bringing it closer to the beta release, it happened that yesterday Debode was available so we talked about hero spells and items.

Now.. I agree I should focus more on 1 thing.... but when we do that, it's when we get bored and lose motivation cause it's damn repeating after a while.

so no worrys.. things will get done in a mather of time.

Edit: but indeed, I should make the hero spells and murlocs waves first.. but Like I said.. yesterday me and Debode completly changed my old spell concepts etc.

so I had to do this before starting.

and for the murlocs.. everything have been wroted down already on paper, so it's just a mather of time to get the units made.

Level 17
... stop teasing us with your secret plans for heroes and everything. >.<

I think you guys should focus more on getting the main things done before the additionals - terrain, heroes, items, waves - and then systems. Though, I suppose if you have multiple people working on it, you could do them all at the same time... bah, nevermind. How much more needs doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.