• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Goblin's tale!

Status
Not open for further replies.
... stop teasing us with your secret plans for heroes and everything. >.<

I think you guys should focus more on getting the main things done before the additionals - terrain, heroes, items, waves - and then systems. Though, I suppose if you have multiple people working on it, you could do them all at the same time... bah, nevermind. How much more needs doing?

Yeah well, we are right now in the process of changing everything.. so we are not really working on the map these days.. mostly have some brainstorming team conversation about hero spells (as soon as it will be done, we will make the heros and their spells)

After that will focus on the new items, while I'm working on the murloc waves.

when that is done, will finish the missing items.

when that is done, will double check every efffects descriptions, buff descriptions etc.

(might finish the terrain during that.)

but honestly.. will see.. because working on 1 thing at the time is like when you eat... if you eat only your veges.. than your meat, than your bread, the diner will be less good (fun to make, if we are talking about map makking)

that's the main reason why I droped in the first time, is because I want true all the terrain, than all the items = got bored.. droped.

Because I love you..

here's a small Sneak peek view.

TADAM!! the icons for the Thief's spell.

Attachments

• BTNUnholyFrenzy copy.png
    BTNUnholyFrenzy copy.png
    33.9 KB · Views: 130
Yo dude- fellas, i just worked on the map, and implemented cave enter / leave system, a revival system, that, by my opinion is awzum :D aaaand... fixed a bug in the merchant system, added a secret :D You're never going to find it, unless you play with health bars on! Well, that's what i've done, and just, general fixing overall, and as your man on the inside i say; "We've made lightyears of progress!"

Level 17
Yo dude- fellas, i just worked on the map, and implemented cave enter / leave system, a revival system, that, by my opinion is awzum :D aaaand... fixed a bug in the merchant system, added a secret :D You're never going to find it, unless you play with health bars on! Well, that's what i've done, and just, general fixing overall, and as your man on the inside i say; "We've made lightyears of progress!"

Who doesn't play with health bars on? o_O

You should add 1/3 transparent GT letters to each icon, it would do a better job and also look better. A line is quite easy to manipulate.

what?....

BTW, the map looks nice. Good to see activity.
Hope to see something playable in the near future.

thanks mate.. I hope so too :p

Level 8
It's very obvious what he means. Add a "GT" text on each icon with a low opacity so that people wont steal it.

That's what I meant.
Just saying, looks better than a red line. Forgot to mention that those icons are really good. They better have some cool spells and names behind them!
Then again, maybe you shouldn't waste time on correcting that, you should finish the terrain ASAP and post some screenshots here.

That's what I meant.
Just saying, looks better than a red line. Forgot to mention that those icons are really good. They better have some cool spells and names behind them!
Then again, maybe you shouldn't waste time on correcting that, you should finish the terrain ASAP and post some screenshots here.

Thanks for the icons.. and about the terrain, there's already plenty of screenshots that tells you the look of the terrain so no need for more screenshots now.

Thought, when I will remake the hole thread presentation I will remove the screenshots that are shown on the thread already and change them.

and Ramus is already working on the rogue spells, while I'm working on icons and textures....so Goblin's Tale is doing great.

Level 10
Very cool mate. A sort of open-world defense map from my understanding.

Looking forward to the BETA, if you need any help just send me a MSG.

GL mate

Edit - btw, it'd be pretty cool if the engineer was able to construct things like defensive nodes or turrets

Last edited:
I have a question..

We are looking for a cool name for the Alchemist Ultimate.

[...]Blow a heavy sleeping powder at a target point, causing enemies in a large area to fall in deep slumber. Attacking does NOT break sleep.[...]

Now.. we have a few ideas for the name but perhaps you have a better idea.

-Magic Dust
-Drowsing Drug
-Spore Dust
-Drowsing Powder

----------------------------------

Edit =
Edit - btw, it'd be pretty cool if the engineer was able to construct things like defensive nodes or turrets

It's already implented :p

I really hope thats not a frog to the left

It's a murloc! :D

and today I won't be able to work on Goblin's Tale. Since I have 0390323 homework.
Edit = thanks Debode for that psd.

Rasmus (Gamecrafter_DK) have been working on the thief spell, it's almost done.

Debode have been helping me finding items concepts, because apparently only 5 items per merchant was A REAL JOKE!, and players preffers to have like 12 items per merchant.

Apparently.

So yeah, this week, I won't work alot on goblin's Tale... but I will still work on it a little, will try to keep you guys updated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.