• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Goblin's tale!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Looks cool :)
But maybe you should try to replace the ashengrass with dalaran grass and ashen dirtwithgrass ;D

Heres an Screen how it could look like (its very WIP^^)

Attachments

• Dschungel.JPG
    Dschungel.JPG
    166.4 KB · Views: 119
Level 3
The layout of your first post gave me a little of that 'wow' feeling I used to get as a kid when I'd read through a super nintendo magazine... hard to get that feeling these days...

...nice to see a warcraft project follow a theme all the way through instead of just mixing up whatever downloaded resources one could find :thumbs_up:

I would want to play this... and I've never particularly liked goblins

Thanks all..
time for a small report.

I haven't worked on GT at all this week. although I manage to work abit on the terrain.

I changed a few things, made the bank and I will really soon have the cliffs model requests I asked to Pyramidhead. So these models will remove all the rocks spam I used to cover the cliff surrounding the village.

Also, the thread presentation is going well.. slowly but shurely I'm working on it, as the same time I'm working on GT. I'm just scared of the grammar errors I could forget to correct, so it might take a little longer before the Hole new thread presentation release.

Last edited:
Level 5
I cant wait till you finish this, this is an awsome idea. And about that goblin samurai, BANKAI huh? :D They become as fast as light or summon a giant samurai? :D

bite me...

---------------------
I now have the cliffs models i resquested to pyramidhead, so I will try to complete the terrain for this friday. That's my goal of this week.

next week will try to finish the thread presentation. (indeed, it's coming soon :3)

after that... will see.

Njah, I make spells, and i've never seen/played/read Bleach or whatever. But he won't really let me freestyle anything... Unless i argue with him for 30 mins.

hehehe indeed, but honestly I simply choosed the samurai in the first place cause it would be silly. and Goblin's Tale is no more silly so no more samurai.

Indeed, we are talking about a game about goblin's so there will be alot of silly but affective items, silly murloc waves etc. but none of them will change the gameplay (so don't worry).

Why did you quote me? :S I don't get why that should be a response to what i wrote, except maybe the 'hehehe indeed' :D

You could reply to that :D

Not for now, let me finish the terrain first, after that, you will need a massive team meeting with Debode about the spells.

so anyway, for now, I shall finish the terrain.

Well... Debode might be an advisor... but he isn't a spellmaker, is he? I thought only Linaze and i were, basically. And in my experience (no offense) But if you're the one of the ones making it, it's better for the ones doing the triggering to design the spells, for maximal efficiency. You can always add effects and flair later.

Oh well, Your call.

FInaly I didn't managed to finish the terrain, wich will push back the new thread presentation.

also.. the end of the session is approaching in a deadly speed.

So Goblin's Tale might not be worked on for the next month or so.

will keep you updated if I work on anything.

Indeed.. although I still managed to work abit on the terrain yesterday, luckily I will finish it tomorow.. and for the thread presentation. I'm missing 2 models.. that are supposed to be done for this week-end.

so.. goblin's Tale is slowed down.. but not dead :p

Gawwhh D:.

belive it or not, I go to school at 8 in the morning and leave at 8 p.m and I've been doing that for the past 4 days.

indeed, Mr.Goblin is a busy goblin.

anyway here are my futur plans.

-finish the terrain
-finish the thread presentation (If my models request are done.)
-make the murloc waves/finish the items/finish the spells.
-double check everything and make sure everything is fine and works well.
-check again if everything is perfect.
-test.. and test..and test...

-release the beta.
-fix bugs and stuff
-fix bugs and stuff
-fix bugs and stuff...(until everything is balanced well)
-create 1 or 2 classes...(maybe)
-create 1 or 2 more acts. (murlocs waves)

-fix bugs and stuff
-fix bugs and stuff
-fix bugs and stuff...(until everything is balanced)

-live happy ever after and quit warcraft3
-start modding starcraft2

Just wanted to tell you all..

Goblin's Tale terrain will be completly remake (again, I know).. I've decided to do this because the terrain is too big and two wide for a hero defense, I'm right not working on the possible terrain concept structure with Keiji.

The theme will stay the same, I'm just trying to make the village smaller and more lovable like the village in ''asterix and Obelix'' (If you didn't knew yet, goblin's Tale is inspired by this comic book..abit)

If you have any suggestion on how it should be.. I would like a drawing or a terran sketch from you (just the relief).

might help me get set for making the map.

Last edited:
okay .. goblin,s tale is still inactive.. and here are my reasons.

this was my schedule in the past 3 weeks.

----

Wake up at 6am leave home at 7:20 am, go to your class, work on your final art projects, come back home at 8 p.m work on an essai for the next morning, it's midnight.. I'm not done, fuck that! go to bed.

next morning..

Wake up at 4 a.m (or 5 depends on the day) finish the essai study for the exam, leave home at 7:20 a.m go to school, make an exam, give the essai, work on final art projects, come back at 8 p.m, work again on final art projects. Go to sleep at 11 p.m

next morning

Wake up at 7 a.m, leave home at 8 a.m, writting english exam, work on final art project, come back home at 8 p.m, work on an oral for the next morning, go to sleep at 11 p.m

next morning

Wake up at 6 a.m, practice oral and reread notes, go to school, do oral, work on final art class projects, gome back at 7 p.m

blablabla

indeed.. I'm pretty sure I'll catch a cold or something like this.. hopefully, after the end of the week, if everything goes well, I won't have any rush anymore...

finishing the mai 25.

than, I'll have to finish a few icons request, a loading screen request and THAN! will work on goblin's tale..

Level 49
okay .. goblin,s tale is still inactive.. and here are my reasons.

this was my schedule in the past 3 weeks.

----

Wake up at 6am leave home at 7:20 am, go to your class, work on your final art projects, come back home at 8 p.m work on an essai for the next morning, it's midnight.. I'm not done, fuck that! go to bed.

next morning..

Wake up at 4 a.m (or 5 depends on the day) finish the essai study for the exam, leave home at 7:20 a.m go to school, make an exam, give the essai, work on final art projects, come back at 8 p.m, work again on final art projects. Go to sleep at 11 p.m

next morning

Wake up at 7 a.m, leave home at 8 a.m, writting english exam, work on final art project, come back home at 8 p.m, work on an oral for the next morning, go to sleep at 11 p.m

next morning

Wake up at 6 a.m, practice oral and reread notes, go to school, do oral, work on final art class projects, gome back at 7 p.m

blablabla

indeed.. I'm pretty sure I'll catch a cold or something like this.. hopefully, after the end of the week, if everything goes well, I won't have any rush anymore...

finishing the mai 25.

than, I'll have to finish a few icons request, a loading screen request and THAN! will work on goblin's tale..

Wait... Why do you need reasoning anyways? Just don't post anything until you're finally free. It's the most effective way, really. Just check FrIkY's Pandaren RPG, it gets comments like every 2 days, FrIkY himself barely even posts. Why the hell do you need to give a reason? They didn't even ASK if it's still active. :/

I honestly have no idea if i'm ever going to finish goblin's Tale..

Starcraft2 just completly destroyed warcraft3 on every aspect, only sad part of it is that it's not a fantasy related game...

I really don't know.. I'm not motivated to work on Goblin's Tale anymore (with the world editor)

Status
Not open for further replies.